Here we are! It's the Fabulous Spirit fun people!

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 01:45 AM.
Arkansas
3,966 Posts
Joined Mar 2006
Ginny - I just talked to Mom and you're going on the same cruise that they went on. They just loved it and I will send you an email with her address and you 2 can talk Panama. That's a cruise that I would just love to do - if we weren't both self employed...(no paid vacation days....)
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

Come and join our roll call fun! NCL Sun 2014
http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1626057

Come join our roll call fun! NCL Dawn 2/8/2015!
http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1913851
Central AR
1,497 Posts
Joined Jul 2010
Originally posted by NewYearsBaby
I have love and hugs in unlimited supply and - well, let just say plenty of mocha-choc for everybody! So come on over!
I'm not sure about bringing the pictures over here. I'm not even sure I remember how to save them in the My Pictures folder on my computer. I think I can I think I can. I will try and report back.
I appreciate y'all thinking 'bout me and Ken (and Tater!), the love and hugs and mocha-choc are gonna come in handy. Di, let me know how your Friday afternoon looks, because I predict a drunkfront moving into the area!

Easy to save pictures, just right click on them, and do a "Save Picture As" and you should be set to go. Here's one of Ginny's pictures that I stol...er, saved. If it's a thumbnail'ed picture you want to save, click the thumbnail to make the full-sized pic open, then right click it instead.

Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Karen

NCL Dawn - 2-8-15 - W. Caribbean 7 day
Carnival Dream - 5-18-14 - W. Caribbean 7 day
NCL Sun - 2-13-14 - So. Caribbean 11 day
(Aruba, Barbados, Curaçao, Guadaloupe, St. Thomas)
Carnival Triumph - 12-7-13 - W. Caribbean 5 day

NCL Star - 2-10-13 - W. Caribbean 7 day
Carnival Triumph - 11-5-12 - W. Caribbean 5 day
RCI Freedom of the Seas - 4-8-12 - E. Caribbean 7 day (CocoCay, St. Maarten, St. Thomas)
NCL Spirit - 2-12-12 - W. Caribbean 7 day
NCL Spirit - 2-13-11 - W. Caribbean 7 day
Carnival Ecstacy - long time ago - W. Caribbean 4 day
Denmark
1,097 Posts
Joined Nov 2010
Karen, I hope that the drunkfront generously provided by the ever supportive Dianne will help you over the initial distress of Ken's departure. I would gladly have joined in a cheer-you-up party if it hadn't been for the lack of cheap airfares Good for you all that you have the Spirit 2012 cruise to look forward to.

Ginny, your new 11-day cruise sounds absolutely wonderful. I look forward to seeing some of your photos from it once you return.

Ann, luckily I'm not limited to the 6-week summer holiday. I've also got a week off during the fall, about 10 days around Christmas, one week in February and one week around Easter. Still, I rarely spend an entire vacation not doing any school work at all, because I always have some papers to grade and some planning to do. However, our Spirit cruise 2011 was 100% R & R, so that just proves my point that nothing beats cruising
Central AR
1,497 Posts
Joined Jul 2010
Quick update, Ken's high above the ocean, just flew past Nova Scotia, and should be safely at his destination in another nine hours or so. I passed along everyone's thoughts and he told me to tell everyone thanks and he hopes to see you all SOON! Tater's holding up pretty well, Di's helping keep an eye on him for me (thanks Di!!), he's a little mopey but I think he's been through this enough now that he knows his daddy will be home as soon as he can.

Ok, I'm off to try to get a little sleep! I'll get less self-absorbed soon, promise! Hope everyone is doing well!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Karen

RCI Freedom of the Seas - 4-8-12 - E. Caribbean 7 day (CocoCay, St. Maarten, St. Thomas)
Salt Lake City, Utah
1,854 Posts
Joined Jan 2006
Karen, wish I could be there for the drunkfront moving in. I know Di & Tommy will take good care of you!

Ginny, the Panama cruise sounds like a wonderful experience. You and Bill have a very good life and good reason to enjoy it.

Eva, you live in a country that respects workers and encourages time for family, recreation and self care. In America most folks have to work a long time at one company to even earn a paid 2 week vacation. I'm so glad to take any vacation on a cruise!

We have a tomato almost ripe enough to eat!!! Our tomatoes from the garden are a taste of heaven!!! Tomato, basil and a spritz of balsamic. Priceless!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Donna

NCL Spirit Western Caribbean Valentine Cruise 2/11
NCL Jewell, Southern Caribbean 2/08
NCL Star, Mexican Riviera 2/06
NCL Norway, Eastern Caribbean Christmas Cruise 12/01
Seabreeze, Western Caribbean 2/99
Carnival, Mexican Riviera 3/94
Crown Jewel, Caribbean 3/92
Arkansas
2,562 Posts
Joined Jul 2009
Yep, we are here for our buddies, Karen and Tater. Tater was out roaming the 'hood this evening, so, while the morning was no doubt traumatic for our sweet friend, he seems to be adjusting. I went looking for him this morning because he didn't come when I called. When I got close to Ken's truck, he let me know he was nearby and he was in charge! I was glad to see him - even if he was barking at me!
Karen, let us know when Ken's flight has ended and he is back at work.
Donna, we enjoyed our first "mess" of okra last night. I remember last year's conversations about a southern mess of this or that. We have also seen a few tomatoes and peppers.
Today, I was out on errands between students. The thermostat in my car registered 113 degrees. That is downright dangerous. I don't remember ever experiencing such extreme heat. I came home and watched the news. Yep, that was accurate. Areas of central Arkansas reached 114 degrees today.
SCARY!!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Di

Arkansas
3,966 Posts
Joined Mar 2006
My car thermometer said 117! It saves so much time and effort in the kitchen - I'm steaming all of that yard produce on the vine! Perfect grilled lamb chops? Set 'em on a piece of tin foil on the patio table ...It's humid too, unlike Nevada when it would get this hot. I'm glad that Dan doesn't have power at the shop. I don't really want him working in this heat - even though we are both grateful that he has lots of work to do.

Karen if this keeps up, you and Tater might want to move to the desert with Ken, where the weather will be more temperate.
Central AR
1,497 Posts
Joined Jul 2010
Yeah, I'll usually tell Ken it's was 95 or whatever degrees today, and then he has to one-up me, say it was 115 there. Then I ask him what his humidity was.

I win.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Karen

Arkansas
2,562 Posts
Joined Jul 2009
Originally posted by 3dogsrule
Yeah, I'll usually tell Ken it's was 95 or whatever degrees today, and then he has to one-up me, say it was 115 there. Then I ask him what his humidity was.

I win.
Girls always win. It's in our contract.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Di

Salt Lake City, Utah
1,854 Posts
Joined Jan 2006
Whoooo! 114, 117, that's hot and humid too. Hope you're all staying hydrated and cool as you can. Bet the boat on the lake with lots of brew and a big umbrella might provide a bit of relief.

We've been unseasonably cool around here, only in the 80's but expect to hit 90 and no rain for the weekend.

Di, it sounds like you had a good mess of okra for dinner. Yummy!

Lena, keep our Puppy away from sharp objects during this heat.

Sawyer and I plan to head to the pool this weekend. "Mimi, pool time together. Oakeydokey?"
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Donna

Arkansas
2,562 Posts
Joined Jul 2009
Donna, I was just today thinking: It's been a long, long time since we heard about our Sawyer. Give us a Soy-bean moment, okay? Please?
We will have 4 grands Friday night and Saturday. Alan, Hope, Eden and Heidi. So maybe I will have a story or two over the weekend.
Central AR
1,497 Posts
Joined Jul 2010
Originally posted by NewYearsBaby
We will have 4 grands Friday night and Saturday. Alan, Hope, Eden and Heidi. So maybe I will have a story or two over the weekend.
Yeah, they'll probably be saying "GeeeDi, why is that lady laying face down in her driveway, and what is "mocha-choc"?"
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Karen

Arkansas
3,966 Posts
Joined Mar 2006
Ah, Karen! Those darling little children will just think that you're taking your outdoor nap! After the week that you've had there's nothing wrong with getting a little bit snit-faced.

If you stay there until dark and can manage to roll over, you can pretend that you're laying on the lounger on your Star aft-balcony. Tater might appreciate a little mocha-choc mixed in with his kibble tonight. Then you could have company.
Denmark
1,097 Posts
Joined Nov 2010
Donna and Dianne: Enjoy the precious moments with your grandchildren and post some good stories when the weekend is over.

We actually talked about grandchildren over dinner tonight, and Preben said that he was looking forward to spending a lot of time with his grandchildren if he gets some. Personally, I'm afraid I'd rather want to spend more time and money on cruising than on grandchildren, but I'll probably become less selfish once they arrive

I cannot imagine having 115 degrees. Today we had around 70 and temperatures are expected to drop next week. Goodbye summer, fall is just around the corner. Care to swap location anyone, just for a week or so?
Salt Lake City, Utah
1,854 Posts
Joined Jan 2006
We have so much fun "talking" with Sawyer. "Going out now. Going this way! Come on now, going this way, please!"
Just love this little guy and he even is learning manners!!!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Donna

Arkansas
3,966 Posts
Joined Mar 2006
Granny's 93rd birthday party/family reunion today was a smashing success! She seemed much livlier this year and we raised $1100 for next year at our family auction.

Dianne - Eden, Hope and Rootbeer were soooo adorable and 3 of the best behaved little ones there. And we have a lot of little ones. Granny's now counting her great greats in great numbers! I'm so happy that I was born with her genetics (and I've got them pretty thick...from my nose to my giggles...).

I think that a cousin may be traveling with us on the Spirit next year. They've done a lot of Carnivals, but we may convert them to NCL - at least for Valentines Day!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

Come and join our roll call fun! NCL Sun 2014
http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1626057

Come join our roll call fun! NCL Dawn 2/8/2015!
http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1913851
Denmark
1,097 Posts
Joined Nov 2010
Originally posted by Lena B
Granny's 93rd birthday party/family reunion today was a smashing success! She seemed much livlier this year and we raised $1100 for next year at our family auction.

Dianne - Eden, Hope and Rootbeer were soooo adorable and 3 of the best behaved little ones there. And we have a lot of little ones. Granny's now counting her great greats in great numbers! I'm so happy that I was born with her genetics (and I've got them pretty thick...from my nose to my giggles...).
Happy birthday to your granny! It must be wonderful to grow that old and be able to enjoy assembling so many relatives for a birthday celebration.

My grandmother lived by herself till she turned 96. Her mind was still pretty much intact and she had a terrific sense of humour until the very end. I loved that old lady, but unfortunately I did not inherit her genes since she was not my biological grandmother.

It's Sunday evening and my last official day out of school. Tomorrow Thomas and I will return to the humdrum but Maja will be able to relax for a couple of more days before her classes start up. She looks forward to start studying German as well as to continue with English.

Yesterday we went to the beach for 3 hours. It's only a quarter of an hour's drive from here and as there was very little wind, it was quite nice. Maja also went into the water to catch some small crabs, but unfortunately ended up stepping on a sea urchin