A pre pre-cruise

DachshundsRule

Thanks for posting! I was tempted to cancel my second preview cruise and do this instead, but I don't want to give up the perks and the choice of cabin, pay for flight changes and being a charter, it won't likely have all the usual activities and events. I have been on chartered cruises and they don't run the ship the same as a regular cruise. I would be concerned about paying $3000 for a sky suite for 2 days and not having the usual Retreat benefits, entertainment and activities, etc. and then the bigger venues may be booked for United Way events. I would rather stick with the 2 preview cruises.

Is this the TA pre-preview cruise as well or is that one on Nov 29-30? Anyway, I can wait until December 1st, and though that 3 night preview cruise will not represent a 7 night cruise with all the events, it will at least be a Celebrity-run cruise, with hopefully many of the usual activities planned. :D

It's great that some of the money will go to the United Way, but not sure if it is deductible or not (with the new tax laws, it looks like it wouldn't work for some anyway). That would be cool, if it works out! :D

Only deductible if you're in the top .01%.:rolleyes: Actually, things like this are deductible for the amount in excess of fair market value you are paying. (at least the the old code). I'm sure United Way has documents showing that amount.

It's great that some of the money will go to the United Way, but not sure if it is deductible or not (with the new tax laws, it looks like it wouldn't work for some anyway). That would be cool, if it works out! :D

According to the website all will go to the charity.

Thanks for posting this. I don’t know what the people who are booked on the Inaugural Cruise will think, but at least the proceeds will go to a charitable organization:')

Great idea,..folks can help out the charity and also have a quick sample of the ship. Also good marketing on Xs part.

With my husband and I being big UW supporters (DH a past President), if we lived in Ft. Lauderdale, we would most likely take the short cruise. The Inside category would be a bargain. I bet those go first!

Actually the Deluxe Ocean View with Veranda went first (the ones with the round balcony opening) - $1050 for two people. :D

Please ignore post number 3. I just couldn't let it go and booked this cruise earlier today. I'm going to have to get help - I am officially addicted to the Edge....

Lucky, lucky! :cool:

We are counting on you to do a LIVE review! :D And show my stateroom category and configuration before we board.

Please ignore post number 3. I just couldn't let it go and booked this cruise earlier today. I'm going to have to get help - I am officially addicted to the Edge....

We’re with you. Booked late this afternoon in an Ocean View at $900. At that price if we decide not to go no big deal we’ve contributed to a good cause. An OV will be a new experience for us.

Maybe your right about the amount going to UW is net of expenses. I’d like to think Celebrity has donated a number of cabins for the charity but perhaps I’m being naive.

Katie

We’re with you. Booked late this afternoon in an Ocean View at $900. At that price if we decide not to go no big deal we’ve contributed to a good cause. An OV will be a new experience for us.

Maybe your right about the amount going to UW is net of expenses. I’d like to think Celebrity has donated a number of cabins for the charity but perhaps I’m being naive.

Katie

That’s great that you are going!! I wonder if you will get one of the new panoramic OVs? I booked the deluxe ocean view with veranda in the morning and they were gone by afternoon, but would have been happy with an OV or Inside. I just couldn’t justify paying much more than that for 1 1/2 days of cruising. I am hoping the SVs are also included in that group since they aren’t infinite verandas and they don’t fit the other categories. Either way, we won’t care and won’t spend much time in the cabin. We will board again on Dec 1 and have an S1 to try for 3 days so can compare the suite and non-suite life on the Edge. [emoji2]

I’ve been emailing the person at UW - she said she will get more info from Celebrity today about itinerary, restaurant reservations, etc. She said we can make spa reservations. Hopefully we will get booking numbers from X so we can get into our reservations.

I’m going to email her again and ask if they assign the cabins - I will give my preferences in case they assign them. Maybe I will send her a picture with red arrows. [emoji6]

Excited to go, but today I need to switch flights and trade work time - the price of being an Edge fanatic. [emoji6]

I did start a roll call![emoji2]

Vt..

I thought you'd do it! How many EDGE bookings do you have now?

I think you were once booked for 1/27 but moved to earlier dates..

We were tempted but decided to wait 'til Jan..can't wait for the early reviews from all!

Vt..

I thought you'd do it! How many EDGE bookings do you have now?

I think you were once booked for 1/27 but moved to earlier dates..

We were tempted but decided to wait 'til Jan..can't wait for the early reviews from all!

Oh, come on! This would be a great cruise for all of us Edge fans to go on together. We will probably know more about the ship than the crew. And if you won't do it for you, think about all the people you would be helping by supporting this charity cruise....:D

And yes, I have collected too many Edge cruises and have to get rid of one of my "babies" today. I may wait though, since final payment is due after my conference in Las Vegas next month....;)

Oh, come on! This would be a great cruise for all of us Edge fans to go on together. We will probably know more about the ship than the crew. And if you won't do it for you, think about all the people you would be helping by supporting this charity cruise....:D

And yes, I have collected too many Edge cruises and have to get rid of one of my "babies" today. I may wait though, since final payment is due after my conference in Las Vegas next month....;)

We head to Fla in mid Nov ( flights booked) and will go home in mid Dec for a pre holiday visit..and a bit of work for me. Going across the state from Venice Fl is a long ride, plus pre cruise hotel...yada yada yada. So we are are looking forward to the early reports ...

The two we have booked on EDGE are keepers for us..Still mulling over if we will stay with X after that, The ships will be great but the experience may be more Royal C than we like.