Carnival Dream - Honeymoon Cruise

Goff7853

Hello everyone, first time poster, but long time reader.

My soon-to-be wife and I will be on the Carnival Dream at the end of March. We're using the cruise as our honeymoon and it will be our first time cruising! We are legitimately so excited for our wedding and this cruise, but I have some questions for the board and I was hoping y'all could help.

I want to make this cruise as special as possible for us, sooooooo:

(1) Any tips from previous honeymooners? What was amazing? What was not?

(2) How long does it normally take to get our bags to the room? I've read that it doesn't take very long, but just wanted to know for sure?

(3) My wife and I are both dessert lovers. What was your favorite dessert on the Carnival Dream?

Thank you in advance for the advice/tips/ideas/recommendations. We're looking forward to this so much!

1) Can't answer, didn't honeymoon on a ship. If you just want to canoodle with each other, try the Serenity Deck (no kids). Everything else depends on what you like to do. Comedy -- covered. After-dinner shows -- covered. Trivia games -- covered. People watching -- covered. Lounging poolside -- covered.

2) Bags can arrive anytime, even after dinner. If there is anything you need before or for dinner, pack it in a carry on. If you can snag a FTTF (under excursions), all the better -- your room will be ready as soon as you board and your luggage will get there faster.

3) Chocolate melting cake, but if they've brought back Baked Alaska then Baked Alaska.

If you haven't, I recommend pre-paying your gratuities (your end of cruise bill will be less). Book a dinner one night in the Steakhouse; it's delicious. Plan on 1.5 to 2 hours for this dinner, though. Email the maitre d', explain it is your honeymoon, and ask for a dinner table in the main dining room for two. As soon as you board, check with the dining room to make sure they've honored your request. You can also contact John Heald via his FB page and tell him it's your honeymoon -- he'll probably send some strawberries or some other little trinket to your cabin.

Have fun! And congratulations!

Congratulations on your up coming wedding! You guys are going to have a great time on the Dream. My husband and I cruised on the Dream for our honeymoon in Sept 2016. They treated us so wonderfully all over the boat.

A few tips that may help. Make sure when you do the online check in that it says it is your honeymoon. Our room steward left us coupons for the spa and for money off a bottle of wine. Also in the main dinning room they gave us a cute little cake and sang for us. We also bought the spa pass for one of the sea days. We greatly enjoyed that time together in the thermal rooms away from the crowed.

I’m not sure if you are stopping in Belize but that was our favorite port. We took an excursion to Caya Caulker. It is a small island that was a 30 min boat ride away. There are no cars there and you can walk the whole island in 20-30 min. Wonderful locals, great food and one of the bars gave us free drinks since it was our honeymoon.

Hope those help you and if you have any questions i would be happy to answer them. We are also huge fans on New Orleans if that is where your cruise from. I’ve got some great tips on things to do there also.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

My wife and I were married on the Celebration 19 years ago. Therefore our experiences were most likely different than what you are likely to encounter now.

Carry on all wedding clothes. Our cabin was available for changing. Ceremony was nice but short. We had several options how the ceremony was to be conducted, talk with preacher or person officiating and choose what you like/want. Prerecorded music was OK. Flowers provided by Carnival were beautiful. At the reception in one of the lounges we had lots of goodies, a very nice cake. Champagne and etched glasses that we got to keep. The waiters were same as we had in the dining room. Ship's photographer took lots of pictures. You can buy or not buy whatever you want. Our wedding party were allowed on the ship before any other passengers were allowed on board.

We are both seniors and 2nd marriage. We both have good memories of our wedding and reception and thought it was well worth the cost. Any specific questions?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We did a cruise for our honeymoon many years ago.

1. We just enjoyed the time together. My husband booked me a spa treatment. You could always purchase something for your room ahead of time. You can buy strawberries/champagne. You could purchase a cake. Look on the website. Our tablemates let our waiters know it was our honeymoon and they did bring us a small cake and sang to us.

2. Luggage arrival time varies. Take anything you may need for the first day in your carry on. But its usually there before dinner

3. definitely chocolate melting cake. They have that every night. People see to like the bitter and blanc. check the fun times for when the chocolate buffet is on the lido deck. We also enjoyed ordering the chocolate cake from room service.

• 6 months later...
Congratulations on your up coming wedding! You guys are going to have a great time on the Dream. My husband and I cruised on the Dream for our honeymoon in Sept 2016. They treated us so wonderfully all over the boat.

A few tips that may help. Make sure when you do the online check in that it says it is your honeymoon. Our room steward left us coupons for the spa and for money off a bottle of wine. Also in the main dinning room they gave us a cute little cake and sang for us. We also bought the spa pass for one of the sea days. We greatly enjoyed that time together in the thermal rooms away from the crowed.

I’m not sure if you are stopping in Belize but that was our favorite port. We took an excursion to Caya Caulker. It is a small island that was a 30 min boat ride away. There are no cars there and you can walk the whole island in 20-30 min. Wonderful locals, great food and one of the bars gave us free drinks since it was our honeymoon.

Hope those help you and if you have any questions i would be happy to answer them. We are also huge fans on New Orleans if that is where your cruise from. I’ve got some great tips on things to do there also.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We're sailing on the Dream for our honeymoon in January! What kind of coupons did they have?