Camp Ocean on Dream first day

eileenwithane

I browsed the forums and everything was pretty old and not for Dream. Anyone with kids 11 and under that has used Camp Ocean, is it open the first night? We’re supposed to go to the Steakhouse first night, but only have reservations for 2 at 8pm, but now I’m worried about if it’s open or not. Otherwise can I get a babysitter the first night for a couple hours? Otherwise I’ll have to cancel my res. We’re sailing 9/2.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Orientation is the first night where you get to meet the counselors. I will have to look to see if they have night owls that first night. We just cruised the breeze but I have a 14 year old now, so it has been a couple of years since I used camp ocean. I was a very heavy user of the program for the past 10 years prior.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

camps are not opened the first day- not even for night owls.

there is an orientation that is about 8;00-8:30 but family needs to be present and its not where you can drop the kids off.

You will need to cancel your reservation or make it another night

something else to consider-- your kids need to be picked up before 10pm or you will be charged that first hour.

camps are not opened the first day- not even for night owls.

there is an orientation that is about 8;00-8:30 but family needs to be present and its not where you can drop the kids off.

You will need to cancel your reservation or make it another night

something else to consider-- your kids need to be picked up before 10pm or you will be charged that first hour.

Per my Camp Ocean schedule from January Night Owls is from 10pm to 1am on the first night.

The real answer is "it depends". Typically, on a 7 night or longer cruise, Camp won't be open on the first evening until the paid Night Owls from 10pm to 1am or so. However, on shorter cruises, usually the Camp will open on the first night. I have seen it open as early as 7pm to as late as 8:30pm on 5 night and shorter cruises.

The real answer is "it depends". Typically, on a 7 night or longer cruise, Camp won't be open on the first evening until the paid Night Owls from 10pm to 1am or so. However, on shorter cruises, usually the Camp will open on the first night. I have seen it open as early as 7pm to as late as 8:30pm on 5 night and shorter cruises.

I will look into that when we sail the Liberty next week. Its a short cruise.

But even if the OP sailing did night owls that will not help them with an 8pm dinner time

This has been my experience as well. I normally make our steakhouse reservation for the 2nd night so our daughter can be in camp. They offer the free/50% off wine promo both nights.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I was able to add the kids to our reservation. We also have reservations for the chef's table during this sailing, so we'll get our date night that night and make the steakhouse a family affair. I'm just glad I realized before I was on board and it was too late to cancel!