Which Dream Cove Balcony would you choose?

Nrtn

Which Dream cove balcony would you choose 2388, 2408 2415 or 2435? They all look similar to me and I am unable to tell if any are blocked by a life boat. Is port or starboard usually better for a balcony? Thanks!

Port or Starboard doesn't matter. Sometimes one is facing port, sometimes the other. There is no way to know ahead of time how docking will proceed. As for cabin location, find a site that has deck plans and go from there. Avoid cabins under the galley.

Which Dream cove balcony would you choose 2388, 2408 2415 or 2435? They all look similar to me and I am unable to tell if any are blocked by a life boat. Is port or starboard usually better for a balcony? Thanks!

None of the cove balconies are "blocked" by life boats. The lifeboats are above them and are not an issue. Some coves are lined up with the gap between lifeboats but I honestly don't thinks it makes a difference at all. You can see up just fine.

All of the cabins you listed are under the galley and if you are a light sleeper, sensitive to noise, or otherwise cannot handle hearing "bumps in the night" then you probably don't want to be in any of those. Probably 2415 would the quietest of those 4 but I don't know that for a fact.

I've stayed in 2315 on the Dream and it was quiet as can be but is a long walk to the stuff at the back of the ship. I've also stayed in 2441 which was the loudest cabin we've ever had at night time. We're talking banging, dropping, pounding, etc. for several hours during the night. However, it was our favorite cove because it is so convenient to everything in the back and we're heavy sleepers and can sleep though just about anything so the noise didn't phase us.

So what is good for one person may be terrible for another and vice versa. :)

None of the cove balconies are "blocked" by life boats. The lifeboats are above them and are not an issue. Some coves are lined up with the gap between lifeboats but I honestly don't thinks it makes a difference at all. You can see up just fine.

. :)

Totally disagree with this. I don’t know about the cabins you listed but on our Cove, the lifeboat blocked our view of the night sky. The poster is correct that they are above you but at night they are lit up and you cannot see the stars.

This was one reason we did not enjoy the cove as much as a regular balcony. And here since you are below the galley I wouldn’t book these rooms.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I just got off of the Dream in cabin 2435. That particular cabin was very, very, VERY noisy from the galley above most of the night, every night throughout the entire night. It was so bad that I asked to be moved to a different cabin, but the ship didn't have any non-interior rooms available so I stayed in that room. Guest Services called and offered some decent perks because of the noise problem that will never go away.

I really liked the cove balcony. But stay away from cabin 2435. I would rather be booked in Room 237 at the Overlook Hotel than be in cabin 2435 again.

We just got off the Dream's 8/12 sailing and had cabins 2408 and 2412. It was very similar to the experience of the previous poster, very loud with a lot of banging around. It actually sounded like they were moving deck chairs so they must have been dragging things around. These two balaconies are also very close to the elevator, which increased the foot traffic near our room and the noise level. The elevators themselves actually weren't a problem noise wise. Our ports were Cozumel, Belize, and Roatan. We faced the dock at all of the ports except Belize of course and faced out to the river in NOLA. These two rooms aren't blocked by the life boats, they actually have a lot of shade, but there isn't a gap between the boats.

Totally disagree with this. I don’t know about the cabins you listed but on our Cove, the lifeboat blocked our view of the night sky. The poster is correct that they are above you but at night they are lit up and you cannot see the stars.

This was one reason we did not enjoy the cove as much as a regular balcony. And here since you are below the galley I wouldn’t book these rooms.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I didn’t have an issues with the view up and seeing stars.

We just got off the Dream's 8/12 sailing and had cabins 2408 and 2412. It was very similar to the experience of the previous poster, very loud with a lot of banging around. It actually sounded like they were moving deck chairs so they must have been dragging things around. These two balaconies are also very close to the elevator, which increased the foot traffic near our room and the noise level. The elevators themselves actually weren't a problem noise wise. Our ports were Cozumel, Belize, and Roatan. We faced the dock at all of the ports except Belize of course and faced out to the river in NOLA. These two rooms aren't blocked by the life boats, they actually have a lot of shade, but there isn't a gap between the boats.

There are no deck chairs above deck 2. You have to go all the way up to deck 6 before there are balconies with chairs. Likely you heard carts and other devices/activity from the galley directly above.

There are no deck chairs above deck 2. You have to go all the way up to deck 6 before there are balconies with chairs. Likely you heard carts and other devices/activity from the galley directly above.

I know, that's just what it sounded like. They must have been dragging things around.

I really liked the cove balcony. But stay away from cabin 2435. I would rather be booked in Room 237 at the Overlook Hotel than be in cabin 2435 again.

Oh my gosh, this made me LOL! Actually, the room is 217 but was changed for the movie. One of my bucket list dream vacations is to go to the Stanley in Colorado, which was the inspiration for The Shining, and stay in 217.

Just make sure it's not under the galley.

All of the rooms the OP listed are under the galley.

Also, I don't think the entirety of the coves under the galley are actually noisy. On top of that people have different comfort levels and expectations about noise so it is a bit subjective. :)

The one up front definitely do not have to deal with noise issues though.