Key West Places to Eat

meicheraxo

My mom wants to eat somewhere where she has a view of the water. We just want to make it a lunch stop (so I won't want to take the ferry out to Sunset Key for Latitudes) since we have a bunch of plans for the day including the Butterfly Conservatory, wine tasting, shopping for my godson for something Key West related who's baby shower I am missing because it was the only day the grandmother could schedule and getting Key Lime pie. Any suggestions. I would like some sort of sea food and a good drink! We will be there on Sunday July 29th!

Louie's Backyard http://www.louiesbackyard.com will fit her requirements easily and is an excellent place for lunch.

Mike

While I like Off the Hook, it is a small, indoor, dark restaurant without much atmosphere. They also do not have a liquor license (beer and wine only).

The recent poster asked for a water view and a good drink. Off the Hook wouldn’t offer either one.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Garbo's - I loved it, my wife not so much. Its a food truck and she isn't a big fan of them. She did like the fish taco - I loved their burger

Love Garbo’s, it’s always our first stop. I’ll be there Friday for lunch!

• 4 weeks later...
On ‎10‎/‎3‎/‎2018 at 11:33 PM, Host CJSKIDS said:

Love Garbo’s, it’s always our first stop. I’ll be there Friday for lunch!

Garbo's is unfortunately closed on Sunday when our ship will be in port.

On 10/29/2018 at 4:13 PM, IDL said:

Garbo's is unfortunately closed on Sunday when our ship will be in port.

Don't fret - Key West has lots of great places for lunch, some of which have been listed above, and most of which are open on Sundays.  For another casual, pretty quick place with delicious sandwiches, you might try Fisherman's Cafe (which may have been mentioned above, I don't have time to read through it again now).  It's really more like a booth with a small number of outdoor tables, and it's right near the harbor.  

• 2 weeks later...

Spent a long weekend in KW earlier this year.  Here are a couple of our recommendations:

Breakfast - La Grignote

Lunch - DJ's Clam Shack, Half Shell Raw Bar (waterfront)

Dinner - Nine One Five (loved the cozy bar area upstairs), El Siboney for Cuban

• 1 month later...
4 hours ago, Dejlig Ko said:

For lunch with a view in Key West I'm trying to decide between, Casa Marina at the Waldorf Astoria or Louie's Backyard. Thoughts?

Louie's is my choice for lunch between those two.

Mike😊

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/9/2019 at 10:34 AM, Dejlig Ko said:

For lunch with a view in Key West I'm trying to decide between, Casa Marina at the Waldorf Astoria or Louie's Backyard. Thoughts?

Definitely stop in at the Casa for a drink at the beach bar. Gorgeous pool area with fantastic views. Never ordered food here, but I'm guessing that Louie's would be far superior but maybe more expensive. Beautiful side of the island.

I'm surprised no one's mentioned Schooner Wharf for lunch. We're renting bikes on our cruise stop and touring around and ending up at Schooner's for a casual lunch. It's right on the marina (wharf) and a really cool casual open air place with live music all day. It's not for a "foodie" but a great little place for a burger and a beer. It depends on what you're looking for I guess.

Also, sunset pier which is right next to mallory square is a fun place to hang out for a quick bite. It's right on the water and easy to get a table (if it's not sunset). They have great conch fritters but I'm not sure about the rest of their menu. More of a place to grab a drink and watch the boats go by. 

Conch Republic is good food and close to the water (marina area). You might not get to see the ocean from your table (or you might if you're lucky), but it's open sides and situated right next to the water. 

There are so many places to go. Just rent some bikes and have fun looking. Can't wait to get back!

19 hours ago, KYWEST1 said:

I'm surprised no one's mentioned Schooner Wharf for lunch. We're renting bikes on our cruise stop and touring around and ending up at Schooner's for a casual lunch. It's right on the marina (wharf) and a really cool casual open air place with live music all day. It's not for a "foodie" but a great little place for a burger and a beer. It depends on what you're looking for I guess.

Also, sunset pier which is right next to mallory square is a fun place to hang out for a quick bite. It's right on the water and easy to get a table (if it's not sunset). They have great conch fritters but I'm not sure about the rest of their menu. More of a place to grab a drink and watch the boats go by. 

Conch Republic is good food and close to the water (marina area). You might not get to see the ocean from your table (or you might if you're lucky), but it's open sides and situated right next to the water. 

There are so many places to go. Just rent some bikes and have fun looking. Can't wait to get back!

I agree! Love Schooner Wharf!

• 5 months later...
On 1/6/2017 at 10:49 AM, jasbo49 said:

We're lucky enough to be spending several days there (Jan. 29-Feb. 3) after a cruise. I've been compiling a list of restaurants that sounded interesting to me:

Blue Heaven

Bliss

Bien

Garbo's Grill

Caroline's

El Siboney

Chico's Cantina

Banana Cafe

Green Parrot (mostly for music)

Louie's Backyard (lunch special is all we could afford)

Can anyone comment on these beyond the mentions we've already seen here for Blue Heaven and Caroline's?

Jim

Blue Heaven is absolutely amazing - not expensive and usually has live music. Fogerty's on Duval is a fun place to eat and again, not expensive. Also love Charlie Mac's (right behind the Greet Parrot) - you can sit inside or in open air.

• 4 months later...

Caroline’s is one of our favorites if doing lunch on Duval St.  For happy hour, we love Half Shells, where we just had a dozen awesome oysters for ten bucks. Anytime after ten, if you are in the mood for pizza or a cheesesteak, hit Mr. Z on Southard St off of Duval. 

Z and TB