Yankee Trails- the good and the bad?

sparks1093

We are seriously considering using Yankee Trails to get to Cape Liberty on our next cruise. We would get on the bus in Rensselaer. Anyone have any experience with them? On time? Any issues? What do they do if the ship you are on is late returning to the port?

I only used them once a few years ago. It was convenient, they make a stop or two along the Thruway for food and restrooms. On the return, they wait for everybody. You probably won't leave the port before 10:30 or 11:00 because you are getting on the bus that just dropped off the new week's departing passengers. I'm not sure if they monitor the ship's arrival time.

I have used them the past 4 years and will again next May. I have had no real issues. They say plan for them to be at the port when you disembark at 10:30 but twice they have been late-once for weather related issues and once for a detour in NYC and they got stuck in traffic. They sometimes make a quick rest area stop on the way down and always stop on the way back. I drive 3 1/2 hours to Albany the day before and stay overnight in a motel and board the bus the next morning. They are usually back to Rensselear around 2-2:30. Beats driving in the city.

Laura

I only used them once a few years ago. It was convenient, they make a stop or two along the Thruway for food and restrooms. On the return, they wait for everybody. You probably won't leave the port before 10:30 or 11:00 because you are getting on the bus that just dropped off the new week's departing passengers. I'm not sure if they monitor the ship's arrival time.

Thanks!

I have used them the past 4 years and will again next May. I have had no real issues. They say plan for them to be at the port when you disembark at 10:30 but twice they have been late-once for weather related issues and once for a detour in NYC and they got stuck in traffic. They sometimes make a quick rest area stop on the way down and always stop on the way back. I drive 3 1/2 hours to Albany the day before and stay overnight in a motel and board the bus the next morning. They are usually back to Rensselear around 2-2:30. Beats driving in the city.

Laura

Thanks Laura! You must be close to us because our dive to Albany is also about 3 1/2 hours or so. We also plan to get a hotel the night before since the bus leaves at 7a.m. It's also super helpful to know when they make it back to Rensselaer. Follow up question- are all of the people on the bus going on the same cruise as you? We'll be heading out on Anthem if that matters.

Yes, everybody is on the same cruise. When you go to their website, you select the ship and sailing you'll be on. I thought it would be fun to meet some fellow cruisers during the ride and then be able to say hi on the ship, but most people just slept. I think they showed a movie, as well.

Thanks Laura! You must be close to us because our dive to Albany is also about 3 1/2 hours or so. We also plan to get a hotel the night before since the bus leaves at 7a.m. It's also super helpful to know when they make it back to Rensselaer. Follow up question- are all of the people on the bus going on the same cruise as you? We'll be heading out on Anthem if that matters.

I live near Ithaca NY. So far all the trips have been people going on the same trip but one time coming home there were some people from another cruise line.

Twice they have shown a comedian going to the port,nothing coming back. I think it depends on the driver.

Laura

Yes, everybody is on the same cruise. When you go to their website, you select the ship and sailing you'll be on. I thought it would be fun to meet some fellow cruisers during the ride and then be able to say hi on the ship, but most people just slept. I think they showed a movie, as well.

I live near Ithaca NY. So far all the trips have been people going on the same trip but one time coming home there were some people from another cruise line.

Twice they have shown a comedian going to the port,nothing coming back. I think it depends on the driver.

Laura

LOL, yeah, I suppose many would use that time for sleeping. I think my son may have competed in Track & Field with Ithaca College when he went to Utica. Thanks for the info!