21st OCTOBER - Final sailing of Spirit

Have been looking off and on at prices for this cruise but couldn't really justify the cost as we have already had 12 nights on Discovery in May and have a week booked on Dream in December; the thing that has kept me looking is that it goes from our local port of Malaga so no flight costs involved and I would be on board for my birthday. Had a quick peek at the Marella website this morning and the price for cruise only' in a basic inside cabin (no drinks package obviously) was down to just 354 Pounds per person!!! As today is our Wedding Anniversary I have managed to persuade my husband that it would be a lovely present to ourselves so Spirit here we come - SO excited.

Happy anniversary, we too are on the spirits final cruise, it just had to be done to say goodbye to the crew who have become like family to us over the years, don't even mind where its going

Happy anniversary, we too are on the spirits final cruise, it just had to be done to say goodbye to the crew who have become like family to us over the years, don't even mind where its going

Really looking forward to it mtt. We also were not worried about the itinerary - have done all the ports several times before - but just to be on board will be great.

Campolady, enjoy your birthday cruise, sounds a bit of a bargain. Strangely, some cruise only prices are weird eg, We are booked on Mesmerising Med 1 flying from Birmingham Nov 8th. Currently its £1079 for a 6/7/8 inside cabin. Cruise only price - £1226!

Campolady, enjoy your birthday cruise, sounds a bit of a bargain. Strangely, some cruise only prices are weird eg, We are booked on Mesmerising Med 1 flying from Birmingham Nov 8th. Currently its £1079 for a 6/7/8 inside cabin. Cruise only price - £1226!

No rhyme or reason to it howmuch! We paid exactly the same for cruise only on Discovery 2 in October as people who had the full package.

I think that Campolady managed to get that price because she is boarding from her local port (Malaga) therefore no flight costs.;)

I think that Campolady managed to get that price because she is boarding from her local port (Malaga) therefore no flight costs.;)

howmuch! was aware of that and was pointing out that although I got a good Cruise Only price this time, sometimes it is cheaper to book with flights than just cruise only - and I agreed saying that last year it was exactly the same price with or without flights.

howmuch! was aware of that and was pointing out that although I got a good Cruise Only price this time, sometimes it is cheaper to book with flights than just cruise only - and I agreed saying that last year it was exactly the same price with or without flights.

Something ive pointed out a few times in the past, full package cheaper than cruise only ,dont make sense ,anyway good news that at last their is some sensible cruise only prices ,spirits last 3 weeks are all good , £324 to £362 ,booked the last two weeks and with the flights ive got AT THE MOMENT about £600 saving on like for like fly cruise

Apologies my misunderstanding.

Hope you enjoy your cruise it will be so sad to see the end of the spirit:( We have enjoyed a couple of great holidays on the old girl.

Also Happy anniversary. best wishes to you both from Brum.

21st October is Trafalgar Day - maybe Spirit will get a 21 gun salute !!!

Not when sailing from a Spanish port lol. Trafalgar - or any other battle they lost - has been written out of Spanish history books. They don't even refer to the area as Trafalgar!

Edited by campolady

21st October is Trafalgar Day - maybe Spirit will get a 21 gun salute !!!

There may be fireworks, the spirit had fireworks last nov leaving limasol for the final time, and the majesty had fireworks leaving some ports on its final cruise as well, its gonna be sad to see her go

Not when sailing from a Spanish port lol. Trafalgar - or any other battle they lost - has been written out of Spanish history books. They don't even refer to the area as Trafalgar!

We visited the naval museum in Cartagena a few cruises back, really worth dropping in - no charge, however they expect a donation for the upkeep, which is not unreasonable.

The curator type staffer mentioned Trafalgar when I was looking at some exhibit or other, I didn't fully follow his comment, but I think it was something that had survived 1805.

I didn't know the Spanish were in the forefront of early submarine development - that was interesting.