Special occasion and ship photographer

slidebite

We are taking a 12 night cruise on Voyager next month with my in-laws. We are celebrating our anniversary (18 years, a few days before departure) and my in-laws 50th anniversary (this weekend, but celebrating on board).

We would like to have a nice portrait done on board. I seem to recall a ship photographer coming around during some meals which IIRC turned out really well, but is there a formal studio on board as well or other areas of the ship if we would prefer a more formal sitting?

The ship's photographer was discontinued several years ago. Perhaps you can have a formal portrait done prior to the cruise. Also, bring a good camera on the cruise and there will be plenty of people that would be happy to take a group photo.

I have never seen a ship photographer going around taking pictures during dinner or any studio on Regent.

Interesting, when we last took RSSC in 2008 pretty sure we had one.

The ship's photographer was discontinued several years ago. Perhaps you can have a formal portrait done prior to the cruise. Also, bring a good camera on the cruise and there will be plenty of people that would be happy to take a group photo.

And that would explain it. I will bring my dslr but I'm certainly no pro. Well, that's why we have this forum I suppose so I can make plans!

You are correct -- Regent did have a photographer back in 2008. Passengers were not particularly happy having them in their faces all the time so Regent did away with them. They do have a videographer onboard that takes videos of the block party and certain other events.

My wife and I will celebrate our 50th Anniversary aboard Splendor in March, 2020 with family and friends. We will coordinate the appropriate ceremony with our TA and Regent onshore staff way-prior to boarding. This will include arranging, hopefully, for the video guy (or gal) to be available to record a few moments of that ceremony presided over by the Captain. This will be augmented by numerous camera coverage by, again, friends and family, several of whom were with us for the original event.

GOARMY!