Coke Freestyle: Plain DASANI water available?

roquejo

The coke coming out of the freestyle machine is made with ships water so I am not sure why you would have an issue with the seltzer. They aren't hiding anything from us, that is how fountain soda is made. When you go to a restaurant at home, the soda is made with the local water, that is why fountain soda doesn't have a consistant flavor to it.

• 4 years later...

I realize this post is 5 years old, but this appears to be relevant information and may answer some questions asked in this thread (that may not have been answered elsewhere)

"the Coke Freestyle machine has even bigger implications for the filter industry! Because all Coca-Cola freestyle machines require filtration systems the filtration businesses benefit too! All filters must meet NSF standard 42 and the dispensing system requires approximately 120 gallons per hour dispenser when in operation. Our Everpure systems are approved by coke to be the filtration system of choice with this modern machine"

cut and paste from filterpure dot com website

Cheers!

If you are leaving from a New York City area port, then you can have all the "Dasani" water you want for free from any water tap in the area.

And if the ship bunkers potable water, then they are bunkering "Dasani" water.

That's right , people, you are drinking tap water when you drink Dasani.

Thanks Merion_mom, host Clarea and everyone else who share and help tons of people with their knowledge :D

The reason I had resurrected the old thread was that I stumbled upon information I thought was new to this board, to this thread, and relevant to the question whether there were filters on the freestyle coke machine. if this was previously answered sorry for the redundancy. I did search the thread Merion_mom linked too and it was full of good info but I did not see any posts that address the question of whether or not the freestyle machines have their own filters.

Just hoping this helps anyone who wanted to know if ships water is filtered by the freestyle machines ( looks like the answer is yes)

Cheers!