So, what ships are serving diamond drinks in the MDR at Dinner?

Was on Anthem, in June, and they wouldn’t do it. Stopped at bar before heading into MDR.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I was on the June 28 cruise. I asked and they said ok. Maybe because I'm Pinnacle. I didn't know it was unusual. It worked in the MDR, but not in the Coastal Kitchen.

Drinks were served in the MDR on Allure in April. We were told that it is available on "Oasis" class only. Will try on Anthem next week and see where it goes.:D

I hope this is true. We will be on Allure in October and it would be great to be able to use our 3 drinks in the MDR.

This was offered to us on X in April, (maybe because it was a TA), because there were so many Elites and above.

Check the letter in your stateroom. Ours said it could be used in MDR on Oasis (I took letter with me the first night). On Liberty the letter stated he could not be used in MDR. I found that staff was not always aware when you could/couldn't so, we relied on the letter that states the benefits in the cabin.

Since you brought up Allure, I don't remember if the Rising Tide was one of the bars that would accept the Vouchers. From my always questionable memory I'm thinking it wasn't. Am I wrong? (again) With Symphony coming up, I was thinking it might be nice to drink right up to dinner time and have them drive me to deck 5. (I haven't looked to see where the DL is on Symphony yet)

We were able to use it at Rising Tide on Allure in the fall of 2016.

I had no problem getting my diamond drinks in the MDR on the Jewel TA this past May.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

I was on that same cruise and was given a drink the first time I asked, but was informed it was not allowed and that drink was a one time exception.

We were able to use it at Rising Tide on Allure in the fall of 2016.

The Rising tide was a bar where we would hook up with non-diamonds that we met for cocktails and it worked there for us in 2014 and 2015 on the Oasis.

JC

So my temporary take away is that for my upcoming cruises, the Radiance to Alaska on the 31st, it is not likely to work, but I will have two bars to get my free drinks the CL and the DL in the crown Viking lounge area. Then on my TA with a bazillion high level (higher than us) C&A members on the Symphony, basically only a sucker would pay for the drinks. Then next year on the Ovation coming to Hawaii from Sydney via Tahiti, who the heck knows....:halo::evilsmile::')

JC

So my temporary take away is that for my upcoming cruises, the Radiance to Alaska on the 31st, it is not likely to work, but I will have two bars to get my free drinks the CL and the DL in the crown Viking lounge area. Then on my TA with a bazillion high level (higher than us) C&A members on the Symphony, basically only a sucker would pay for the drinks. Then next year on the Ovation coming to Hawaii from Sydney via Tahiti, who the heck knows....:halo::evilsmile::')

JC

JC

I thought a person of your means would have no issue purchasing the drink package just to keep from worrying about this??

My husband has a Jack Daniels on the rocks at dinner every evening. Years ago, his Jack Daniels was sitting at his place at the table every evening. What’s not to like?
Watered down Jack Danials. In my case Crown Royal.

Nice gesture but.....I rather it be brought to me once I sit down.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

JC

I thought a person of your means would have no issue purchasing the drink package just to keep from worrying about this??

I am a guy who likes to get value from money. If they are giving me free G&T why would I pay for it? I have never bought the drink package, because if we are in port I am not on the ship, and I have to pay for my beer or glass of wine with lunch. When I am on the ship most of the time I am on the flowrider during the day (drinking and flowriding don’t mix well), and the drinks in the DL or CL before dinner are adequate if I am going to stay awake for dinner and a show later. So, for me it would never be a good economic decision. My wife even less so, as a big drinking day for her would be a glass of wine at lunch, 2 cocktails before dinner and a glass of wine with dinner. That would be a max day for her. Plus, I book with American Express Platinum card and I usually have $200-$300 worth of OBC, and I never spend much on tours (except on my upcoming Radiance to Alaska sailing) and the remainder usually covers my extra consumption. I love wine and I hang with a bunch of real wine snobs, and I can tell the difference in a $10 Cabernet and a $100 Cabernet, everytime. That said, I remember a wine tasting 30 years ago, where we over consumed a bunch of blind tasted wines. After two hours, I found one I loved and bought a case, it was horrible and sweet (ish) when it didn’t follow two hours of consumption. I live in a state with one of the oldest appellations in the nation, and it is not California. Unfortunately, the only good red wine we produce is based on the Norton varietal, which is tolerable but it will never be confused with Cabernet or Pinot Noir, etc. That said, I love to visit the local vineyards and unlike my true wine snob friends, after the first glass I can drink just about any wine. So, unlike a true wine snob I love all wine.

JC

JC

O, and while the DW and I both have great jobs, and we are DINKS unless you consider my 8 year old Wire Fox Terrier (Wellington whose birthday is today) and my 19 year old fat grey tabby cat (Victoria) as kids nobody would confuse us for really rich people. We love to travel, Own two homes, and are saving so someday I can be like Pez and surf the flowrider 10 weeks a year and see even more of the world.

JC

Will be on Oasis twice next February; purchased the Dx package on one but only the Refreshment package on the other. On the one without the Dx package, I will probably take my drink from the DL to the MDR and then order another DL drink as soon as the waiter arrives, as it usually takes awhile to get it.:rolleyes: I will probably then ask him/her to bring another one before happy hours expire.

While on the week with the Dx package, I'll stop at a bar to take a drink to the MDR and, again, order another one when the waiter arrives. But, that's just me!;)

CHEERS friends!!:cool:

I am a guy who likes to get value from money. If they are giving me free G&T why would I pay for it? I have never bought the drink package, because if we are in port I am not on the ship, and I have to pay for my beer or glass of wine with lunch. When I am on the ship most of the time I am on the flowrider during the day (drinking and flowriding don’t mix well), and the drinks in the DL or CL before dinner are adequate if I am going to stay awake for dinner and a show later. So, for me it would never be a good economic decision. My wife even less so, as a big drinking day for her would be a glass of wine at lunch, 2 cocktails before dinner and a glass of wine with dinner. That would be a max day for her. Plus, I book with American Express Platinum card and I usually have $200-$300 worth of OBC, and I never spend much on tours (except on my upcoming Radiance to Alaska sailing) and the remainder usually covers my extra consumption. I love wine and I hang with a bunch of real wine snobs, and I can tell the difference in a $10 Cabernet and a $100 Cabernet, everytime. That said, I remember a wine tasting 30 years ago, where we over consumed a bunch of blind tasted wines. After two hours, I found one I loved and bought a case, it was horrible and sweet (ish) when it didn’t follow two hours of consumption. I live in a state with one of the oldest appellations in the nation, and it is not California. Unfortunately, the only good red wine we produce is based on the Norton varietal, which is tolerable but it will never be confused with Cabernet or Pinot Noir, etc. That said, I love to visit the local vineyards and unlike my true wine snob friends, after the first glass I can drink just about any wine. So, unlike a true wine snob I love all wine.

JC

Awesome Rieslings though.

I had a bottle of 86 Norton that I just through out a couple of years ago. It was not properly cared for.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Awesome Rieslings though.

I had a bottle of 86 Norton that I just through out a couple of years ago. It was not properly cared for.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

I have a 10 year old bottle of Norton in my cellar and I am afraid to open it, and it has been properly taken care of. Unless i have just done the whole Augusta /Dutzow/Herman thing recently, the thought of popping a Norton never enters my mind. I can only imagine what that must have been like.

So, are you going to email me to force me to tell my wife, we are going on a journey with another of those crazy CC people, so I can drink one of the Cakebreads you are given for being you, or not?:halo::'):evilsmile:

I leave Wednesday morning for Napa for 3 nights at Silverado Resort and Spa before flying off to the frozen tundra at the end of summer to drive an RV around Alaska for 6 days.

My TA mailed my friends their luggage tags for the sailing and they all got them a couple of days ago, so today when I got home there is an envelope from the post office wanting 71cents because my TA forgot to pay the postage on my luggage tags for the Radiance. Sigh.... such is my life. So, I had to go pilfer thru my wife’s coin holder in her car to gather 71 cents because I never keep coins..... I think I could have printed my own and plastic wrapped them for 10cents. Sigh....

JC

Freedom did at Last Christmas and never once asked for my card. Just identified me on the first night and never had a problem. They were completely awesome!!

I'll be on Freedom in October and we are Diamond. How did you "identify" yourself as Diamond to the bar staff in the MDR so that they took care of you the rest of the week?