A few Symphony of the Seas questions

Per my phone call to RCCL boarding for Platinum and up will begin at 2pm. Rest will start at 2:30pm. We are sailing out of Civi on 6/21. If I had to guess you likely be able to get on before that...but that is just based on my experience at all other embarcations I have experienced with RCCL.

I saw a question about leaving the ship in Barcelona for those of us sailing from Rome but didn't see an answer. Did you have trouble getting off the ship with everyone ending their cruise in Barcelona getting off?

I read this comment a lot about theses ships and disagree. I’m prone to motion sickness and felt the ship rocking when I was on the Allure. It really depends on your sensitivity level and on the winds the ship encounters. But it is incorrect to say that you don’t feel anything onboard, because you personally might feel it and so you should bring whatever you use against sea sickness.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I agree 1000%! I hate when people post things like this - it is so WRONG. I get seasick and I can feel the motion on ANY ship I sail if there is anything but very calm seas. I am so sensitive to motion if I am standing next to an elevator I can tell you when it is arriving before anyone else notices. Yes, the larger ships ride the waves better than the smaller ones generally, but if you are prone to seasickness, take whatever precautions work for you. If you encounter 30' waves (rare, but I have had that happen on at least one cruise) everyone will feel the motion, and a large percentage of people (including crew) will get seasick without medication. That's the science of it - and opinions do not trump facts.

So I have my set sail pass and my boarding time is 12:30. However I also notice on website where you check in it says “please arrive at least 2 hours before your scheduled boarding time.” So I plan to be there by 10:30.

I’m not sure what the point of a scheduled boarding time is if the fine print says to get there 2 hours early.

So I have my set sail pass and my boarding time is 12:30. However I also notice on website where you check in it says “please arrive at least 2 hours before your scheduled boarding time.” So I plan to be there by 10:30.

I’m not sure what the point of a scheduled boarding time is if the fine print says to get there 2 hours early.

I think that "boarding time" is a misprint and they really mean "all aboard time".

Wow does it actually say that? I had a boarding time for Anthem last December and we were on the ship is about 5 minutes after parking. With online check in, and the new procedures RCCL has put in the check in process is basically seamless. If you already have your set sail pass, have put a CC on file, all they do is scan your passports are you are ready to board. When we did it they had people with iPads for those who did online check in. It was super smooth.

Your stateroom will not be ready until at least 1:00pm anyways. As well, only about 20% of the passengers are embarking in Rome. The majority will get on in Barcelona. As such, less people need to check in which should speed up the process even more. The This is a crossover cruise so our stop in Barcelona will see a majority of the cruise change over.

Per my phone call to RCCL boarding for Platinum and up will begin at 2pm. Rest will start at 2:30pm. We are sailing out of Civi on 6/21. If I had to guess you likely be able to get on before that...but that is just based on my experience at all other embarcations I have experienced with RCCL.

We just did this cruise two weeks ago.

When we arrived at the port in Rome or Civitavecchia

We seriously were the only people there at 11 am

You board whenever you want

• 1 month later...
We just did this cruise two weeks ago.

When we arrived at the port in Rome or Civitavecchia

We seriously were the only people there at 11 am

You board whenever you want

good to know. Our flight arrives at 7:30, our docs say our transfer will be available at 9:30 but our boarding time says 2:30. We will just show up early and hope to get on.

good to know. Our flight arrives at 7:30, our docs say our transfer will be available at 9:30 but our boarding time says 2:30. We will just show up early and hope to get on.

We were on the same cruise as DrD and also boarded before 11 AM, despite our boarding time being 12:30.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I saw a question about leaving the ship in Barcelona for those of us sailing from Rome but didn't see an answer. Did you have trouble getting off the ship with everyone ending their cruise in Barcelona getting off?

Getting on and off in Barcelona was not an issue. They send you off a different gangway. As for getting on it was all the same line for the most part, but as the line built up with returning passengers they opened new lines for those not boarding that day.

The bulk of passengers get on in Barcelona. It was very quiet and had very few people getting on compared to what you are probably used to. This was our first cruise that had midweek departures. I would def do it again and make sure we boarded at the mid week port. No crowds at all going or coming off the ship. It was fantastic.

Does anyone know when the C&A coktail was held? I’m trying to organize everything and that is the last missing piece.

Thank you

In June the Top Tier party was only for the 5 Pinnacles onboard and that was held on the bridge ! We were told that when it previously had been held in the Aqua Theatre, it had been very poorly attended.