Suggestions for Website improvements

gnomie1

Jason:

In a previous thread you mentioned that suggestions from Regent passengers are appreciated with regard to the design of the website - here is another:

Previously when making restaurant reservations and selecting "share", one could specify either a 4 or 6 seat table - that option is no longer available. We enjoy sharing with two other people, but a table larger than that can be difficult for individuals with hearing problems - please bring back the option to select the size table for sharing.

Thank you!

gnomie :)

Suggestions have been made for the last year. I mentioned almost a year ago that it would be nice to be able to cancel and rebook excursions as can be done with dining reservations.

My suggestion is to wait until they are done with what they are doing (as it is unlikely that they will change things before the website is even launched ...... and, if they did, we could be waiting another year until it is completed.)

We mainly want the system to work well and not have no many glitches. Once the website is up, they can make changes without disrupting the whole website.

Many have given feedback to Regent over the years that the ability to cancel excursions on-line would be a convenient and effective enhancement.

Also the reintroduction of being able to waitlist for excursions on-line would be beneficial.

I am sure that Jason O'Keefe and the rest of the Regent team still welcome feedback and suggestions; if they cannot introduce the ideas during this phase of website improvement they can just "park" their customers' thoughts for later.

If Regent saved the comments until after they are done with the website, some of them will be non-issues and new issues may have arisen as the result of changes. While I'm not saying that Regent does not want feedback, at some level it has to make sense and be based on the "new" rather than the current website.

However, if posters feel strongly about doing a "wish list" it would be nice if it was one post with a list that could be added onto. This way, rather than reading through pages of posts (all of the posts on this subject on the past year or so). This an be done easily if each poster copies and pastes the list into their post. This would be an easy list for Regent to refer to, make notes, check off or whatever.

I suggest any Onboard Credit is shown, as well as booked excursions and reserved dining venues.We often forget and it would be nice to be reminded before embarkation. It helps in deciding which Regent Special tours to take.

You're very welcome gnomie. (you have such a creative cruise critic name, mind if I ask how you thought of it?)

update--heard from Jason O'keefe yesterday, pls see below:

Sent: August 13, 2018 at 9:57 AM

Subject: RE: Regent cruise critic thread addressed to Jason O on website

suggestions

Thanks Wes, will acknowledge the post later today w/ a post.

Received your note on facebook as well, thank you.

Jason O’Keefe | Director, Marketing & Seven Seas Society

P: 954.940.7380

jokeefe@rssc.com | rssc.com

Regent Seven Seas Cruises

Office Address: 7300 Corporate Center Drive | Miami FL 33126

Mailing Address: 7665 Corporate Center Drive | Miami FL 33126

You're very welcome gnomie. (you have such a creative cruise critic name, mind if I ask how you thought of it?)

Thanks Wes! - my given name is Biblical and gnomie is the English spelling of my Hebrew childhood nickname - I am well past childhood but my family and anyone knowing me growing up still call me gnomie

Jason:

In a previous thread you mentioned that suggestions from Regent passengers are appreciated with regard to the design of the website - here is another:

Previously when making restaurant reservations and selecting "share", one could specify either a 4 or 6 seat table - that option is no longer available. We enjoy sharing with two other people, but a table larger than that can be difficult for individuals with hearing problems - please bring back the option to select the size table for sharing.

Thank you!

gnomie,

Thanks for the suggestion, I will add your request to the list of items for review.

To help align expectations, please note the first round of updates is not expected to impact the MyAccount portal as this update is expected in 2019.

Jason O.

Many have given feedback to Regent over the years that the ability to cancel excursions on-line would be a convenient and effective enhancement.

Also the reintroduction of being able to waitlist for excursions on-line would be beneficial.

flossie009,

Both of these items are on the table as part of the requested enhancements.

Our intended goal is to add more functionality to the MyAccount portal that will allow greater customization of your experience without having to make a call.

Jason O.

So I'll repeat this (from the 2021 itineraries thread) here because they're more likely to read it here.

drib,

I acknowledge the errors and misspellings you've noted. All of these items will be updated promptly today.

Appreciate your help in correcting and catching these as always!

Thanks, Jason O.

I suggest any Onboard Credit is shown, as well as booked excursions and reserved dining venues.We often forget and it would be nice to be reminded before embarkation. It helps in deciding which Regent Special tours to take.

eliana,

The onboard credit information is coming soon to the MyAccount portal. Look for that to go live prior to any website updates, and ultimately coming early this Fall.

Thanks, Jason O

eliana,

The onboard credit information is coming soon to the MyAccount portal. Look for that to go live prior to any website updates, and ultimately coming early this Fall.

Thanks, Jason O

Thanks again Jason,

Will we find the onboard credit separately under each cruise we have booked or in the My Account portal?

Don't you wonder why the squander resources on such useless captions when most (perhaps all of us) want links that work and deck plans that are accurate.

Not sure if you mean the "names" of the cruises which to me is so meaningless. If I saiid that I'm going on "INCA TREASURE & MAYAN TEMPLES" -- next year, unless you are on the cruise you would have no clue what I'm talking about so why waste the time naming them? Agree that we are interested in accurate links, deck plans, etc.

Oh no! A good cruise descriptions is like the plating of a great meal. Removing the plating element, and the server might as well just lob a hunk of meat on the tablecloth. Who wants that!

However, anything that goes out under the company's name should make sense and be spelled correctly because such carelessness reflect poorly on the company.

Note that unlike Regent, Oceania descriptions have a one-to-one relationship to the itinerary. The same sequence of ports in Alaska have the same description. In the new release of itineraries, Regent has three identical itineraries around Polynesia, each has a different description. What would happen if Regent called each of those itineraries Papeete Round Trip?

======

Here are some description names from past Regent cruises. You get 20 points for each one where you can identify the embarkation port and debarkation port. And, as always, and for no apparent reason, please respond in the form of a question.

1. Summer Night, Winter Palace

2. Lochs & Legends

3. Artisans and Aristocrats

4. Scenic Havens

5. Pearls of Peloponnesia

6. Autumn Gold

7. Red Sea Odyssey

8. Chilean Fjord Escapade

9. Three Seas Adventure

10. Eastern Seaboard Sojourn

Note that although Jason O might have an advantage here, there is nothing in the rules that prevent him from playing.

Find the grammatical errors. Two missing an s. 50 points per error. Pot calling the kettle.....

I'm not running a business here ... just a floating trivia game. (Unlike the one in the Floataway Lounge, this one actually floats from forum to forum.)

And you get no points for not responding in the form of a question! But I appreciate your spirit. :)

======

Scoreboard:

gnomie1 +200

ijkh + 200

drib -50 (I'll take the hit for the extra s in the first sentence. Not sure what CBWIR thinks is the other error, but keep in mind that sometimes when I use "description," it's as a column in a database.)

======

You missed the two missing s's. Hint. Reflect hard and don't prevent yourself from discerning the answer.

Not seeing it ... but I have no aspirations to being the grammar pot, nor kettle.

I only wanted to be of help to Regent. They need to do a better job of proofreading what they put on their web site. (Yes, they might work on building a better web site too, but that should not exclude them from maintaining the current one.)

Also note, that if there are errors in that list of ten, those are Regent's errors going back to trips from 2013, which is when I started my database.

You do a great job - both for Regent and for those of us on CC. I didn't play the game because I'm not good at it. I appreciate the descriptions on the website but not the titles. My reasoning for this is that posters sometimes only put the title in their subject or post which does not really give us any information about when or where they are cruising.

Fortunately on Roll Call CC asks that we put the dates in the subject line which is the information that we need. At least we can look it up to find the itinerary.

Had to laugh at #10 on your list. It sounds as if Regent is advertising Seabourn's ship the Sojourn:evilsmile:

Not seeing it ... but I have no aspirations to being the grammar pot, nor kettle.

I only wanted to be of help to Regent. They need to do a better job of proofreading what they put on their web site. (Yes, they might work on building a better web site too, but that should not exclude them from maintaining the current one.)

Also note, that if there are errors in that list of ten, those are Regent's errors going back to trips from 2013, which is when I started my database.

Final hints. Carelessness REFLECTS something. There should be nothing that PREVENTS you from solving. BTW really appreciate your fare database and just trying to have some fun.