A Booking Tip For SD Club Members

ctbjr1309

I thought that I'd share with this group the experiences I've had booking my last several SeaDream cruises.

With the exception of our very first Sea Goddess cruise in 1995, I have booked all of our 20+ Sea Goddess/Seabourn Goddess/SeaDream cruises through the same travel agent. He has spent more than 60 weeks on the 2 ships over the years and knows them better than almost anybody else who hasn't spent time on the ships as an employee. He more than anybody else is responsible for introducing us to all the things that SeaDream has to offer and creating the addiction that is the subject of another thread on this board.

When James Cabello left his position as CAD (Cruise Activities Director) and began working in the Miami office as Commodore of the SeaDream Club, the company's past guest loyalty organization, I stayed in touch with him and (without adversely impacting my relationship with my long time travel agent) James has helped me book several cruises since then.

James has a wealth of inside information about ports, itineraries, discount opportunities, etc. and is very willing to share them with Club members. In each case, I know that I have ended up booking the best possible trip at the most competitive price available and even been the beneficiary of some additional Club Member benefits that I would not have received had I not worked through James. To top it all off my travel agent still got credit for the booking, had less work to do and as a result was very happy with the situation.

I know that there are others of you SD vets who like to book directly through SD reservations. I would encourage you too to call James next time you are thinking of booking a trip. Not only will you enjoy chatting and catching up with him about all things SeaDream but you'll also get some good pointers about upcoming trips, bargains and probably even get a pretty good deal!

If you do call James, I think you'll be glad you did. Happy cruising!

CTBjr

I agree with CTBjr as we booked our upcoming cruise with James and he was very helpful. It amazes me that with us on the ships one, maybe two weeks a year, James remembers loads of personal details and it seems I am having a conversation with a friend, not booking a cruise. James is truly a great asset to SeaDream and I wish him a long and prosperous career with our favorite cruise line.

Archived