12 Day trip - July 22 next year

emckeeve

Do you think taking a 12 day trip (the July 22 itinerary on SD II next year) might avoid kids and groups? We haven't sailed SD since it's inaugural year (2002) when we did the Mediterranean in May (29 passengers) and St. Thomas in Dec. (47 passengers). It was the most wonderful experience at that time, but after reading recent posts on this board, I'm nervous. I really fear the large groups even more than the children. What do you think?

Hi emckeeve -

if you haven't booked yet, you should inquire at the time of booking how many groups /and or children are on board. Also ask if the owner is planning on being on board. I understand he primarily uses SD I but his family spends quite a bit of time on the ship during the summer.

From recent posts it sounds like children on board are overwhelmingly only during winter and spring breaks from school. My employer chartered the whole boat last year so we didn't subject any innocent passengers to our group, but SD is a great reward for many employees. However 12 days is long beyond the scope of most employee reward trips or even family reunions, so if I were a betting person, I would say you are in as safe a zone as you can get for no large groups.

Good luck

FT

I'm sorry to hear the July 22 cruise may be selling out - we can't book at this time pending a wedding date being set for a family member. Oh well, we're off to Scotland and Ireland on Thursday, so I won't worry about it until we get back. :-)

Archived