Expedited Arrival

Hey everyone! I got a text letting me know that I was eligible for expedited arrival. I hopped onto the RC app and looked at our boarding passes and only my fiances sail pass is stamped with the expedited arrival. Does this mean we both can go through or just her? If it's just her it doesn't seem like a good strategy by RC as why would we want to split up for who knows how long?

Hoping someone has gone through this and can help me out.

Thanks!

• Like 1

When you get to port, they will process you. RCI doesn't have "set" check in times. No worries.

I’m not talking about our arrival time. I’m talking about expedited arrival. Seems similar to TSA precheck at the airport.

e7177a27-f9f3-4a6a-a2fd-aa050a525e44

It is being offered to select guests who have the boarding pass on their mobile phone with the new app. It is just a test to see if the new feature works. I would suspect that if both of you have done the mobile check in via the app you would both be allowed to give it a try. Below is from Royal.

Guests simply need to download the new Royal Caribbean smart phone app and then check-in on the mobile app prior to the cruise.

Once the mobile check-in is complete, guests might see an Expedited Arrival choice on their mobile boarding pass, which means they have been selected to participate in our boarding trial.

Upon arrival at the cruise terminal, there will be an Expedited Arrival lane for these guests, who may present their mobile boarding pass.

Since this is a test, the exact process may change.

• 3 weeks later...

We are cruising on the Allure Sunday and received a text to use the Expedited Arrival line when we arrive at the terminal. Does anyone have experience on how the Expedited Arrival works? We are already in a suite so I was wondering if it's same or different than suite boarding? From what I am reading this is a new program for people who used the app to check in and get their mobile boarding pass. If anyone has done this recently and can share their experience I would appreciate it. Thank you in advance.

• 3 weeks later...

I just downloaded the app after receiving an email stating that we might expedited boarding if we did everything on the app. I just completed everything and only my 9 year old son’s set sail ticket says expedited. Has any else experienced this yet? I know it’s new. We sail on the Allure on July 22.

Not experienced this particular scenario, but with other circumstances, RC don't split couples or groups. Staff at terminal guide you to the appropriate line and it is best to follow their instructions.

The expedited travel option is not going to save you much time IMO. It seems like an initiative to speed up check-in but that doesn't take long anyway. If you arrive early, there usually isn't a line.

Hey everyone! I got a text letting me know that I was eligible for expedited arrival. I hopped onto the RC app and looked at our boarding passes and only my fiances sail pass is stamped with the expedited arrival. Does this mean we both can go through or just her? If it's just her it doesn't seem like a good strategy by RC as why would we want to split up for who knows how long?

Hoping someone has gone through this and can help me out.

Thanks!

What ship? What port? This will definitely have a bearing.

Steve

• 3 weeks later...

We got this too. I am not able to checkin on the website or print Setsail pass now that I have the app check in. Hope it all goes smoothly. Although we have suite check in anyway...was planning on going there

• 2 weeks later...

Just printed off boarding pass for husband and I for Allure in Oct (Port Everglades). We both got "Expedited Arrival" boarding passes. My 90 year old parents are traveling with us under separate reservations. Have not finished their online check in, need to get the pix taken and upload. Just hope we are not put in an Expedited line, and my 90 year old parents are put in regular online check in line. I like to stay close to them during checkin, with all the paper work and electronic stuff, it can be a bit confusing for them. Hopefully once I get them set up in online with check in, they will be Expedited too. Any experience with the Expedited Arrival process?

Just printed off boarding pass for husband and I for Allure in Oct (Port Everglades). We both got "Expedited Arrival" boarding passes. My 90 year old parents are traveling with us under separate reservations. Have not finished their online check in, need to get the pix taken and upload. Just hope we are not put in an Expedited line, and my 90 year old parents are put in regular online check in line. I like to stay close to them during checkin, with all the paper work and electronic stuff, it can be a bit confusing for them. Hopefully once I get them set up in online with check in, they will be Expedited too. Any experience with the Expedited Arrival process?

You can stay with your parents if you like, your choice.