Things not found on Regent ships

flossie009

Recent threads have reminded us of some of the reasons we love sailing on Regent; and these have to do with things that are missing e.g.:

• Ship's photographer(s)
  • Art auctions
  • Charges for Speciality Restaurants
  • Queues
  • Crowds
  • Blue denim jeans in the evenings (contentious?)
  • Hard-sell for extras
  • Climbing walls
  • Water-slides
  • Pestering for tips
  • Badly behaved children (double contentious?)
  • "Nickel & diming"
  • A big bill at the end of the cruise
  • Smoking on balconies

Regent are to be congratulated ......... particularly in phasing out some of these items over the years :D

Have we missed anything?

• Like 1

Funny list. It should be noted for newbies that with the exception of photographers and art auctions, Regent/Raddison. has never had the other things on the list. The list looks like it has been taken from NCL (except smoking on balconies which has been banned on most cruise lines due to the fire hazard).

Funny list. It should be noted for newbies that with the exception of photographers and art auctions, Regent/Raddison. has never had the other things on the list. The list looks like it has been taken from NCL (except smoking on balconies which has been banned on most cruise lines due to the fire hazard).

Glad you found the list amusing.

Cannot comment on NCL as we have never sailed on any of their ships.

Wes,

Thanks for the reminder about (compulsory) formal wear; this should definitely be on the list.

Prior to including all drinks onboard, you'd get a sometimes largish bill at the end of the cruise for drinks in the lounges.

Totally agree with Flossie. Would add no areas for certain grade of passengers, everybody treated the same in all areas and no need to be constantly having to sign for everything or concern re tipping. The absence of a ships photographer is a great plus for us, the loss of the art auctions also since we first sailed Regent is another positive.

Agree with list, and could add very little music from 1985 and beyond, but many of you seem to like that very much and that is in the plus column. :confused:

Since I started a new job and have no cruises plan - I will just hope the next time I cruise - the music has worked its way into the 1990s! Cruise on.

I’d have to go with crowded pool decks like this claustrophobic scene:

94180a5866370fbb46951d59e469d73d.jpeg

Z and TB

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great picture Z! My point earlier is that Regent has never had most of what we are discussing. Still, for newbies to luxury cruising, this may be informational but not so much for luxury cruisers.

Great picture Z! My point earlier is that Regent has never had most of what we are discussing. Still, for newbies to luxury cruising, this may be informational but not so much for luxury cruisers.

But it’s a good reminder to the veterans of this line why you stick with it! [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro