Will RCCL price match a price drop before final payment? How many times?

Hello Everyone,

We booked a cruise several months back and the price has dropped a few times. When it dropped the first couple of times we called our TA and they matched the price, but then it dropped again, and when we called our TA this time they told us that RCCL would not match the price because they already matched the first couple price drops. We were told by our TA at first, that RCCL will price match as many times as the price drops before final payment, but now they are telling us something completely different. Please note that we have not made final payment yet and we are booked in a normal inside cabin.

Has anyone had an issue with this? Is there a limit on how many times RCCL will honor the drop in price? Is there anything we can do to get the lower price?

Thanks in advance. :*

If there’s a limit, I haven’t found it. On our upcoming transatlantic, the price has dropped six or seven times, and I’ve got the reduction each time. I don’t use a TA but book online at RCI’s website.

Edited by HicksRA

Although I've never had to do it more than once, I'm fairly certain that if its before final payment, you can do it as many times to get the lowest price. If you're TA is telling you that, then I would suspect that your TA is trying to weasel out of doing anything for you because of the commission, which tells me that your TA maybe suspect.

My TA said she'd do it as often as she has to, but since I usually get my cruises at great prices thanks to her, I've only had to price match only twice in total and they were different cruises.

I just called and got the price dropped for 3 rooms on Radiance to Alaska next June. Rep did my room and then checked on the other two. I did lose some onboard credit but the price drop more than makes up for that.

I just called and got the price dropped for 3 rooms on Radiance to Alaska next June. Rep did my room and then checked on the other two. I did lose some onboard credit but the price drop more than makes up for that.

Sailing date (so others may check their price)?

It's not "price matching" when RCI lets you rebook at a lower price because that is their current pricing. RCI doesn't really care who you book through. It can be through a TA, but as another poster said, it means the TA is giving up some of their commission.

Hi - My sail date is June 28th, 2019 on Radiance of the Seas Northbound to Alaska. All 3 of our rooms are booked under non-refundable deposits and they dropped the price on all 3. Our Grand Suite pricing dropped over $2000 and they changed it with no issues.

If there is a limit, I have yet to reached it and that is not from lack of trying. I book very early and continuously watch the price for reductions. The maximum number of times I have requested a reduction is 7 times and there were no issues with the requests.