Any one do the Chefs table on oasis of the sea? How was your experience ?.

we did chefs table on princess cruise lines a few years ago and loved it. What’s your experience ? Is Food and wine good? Do they give a typical wine pour? How is quality of food ?

We have done Chef's Table twice on Oasis and thoroughly enjoyed both occasions. The first was a group of 14 - 16 people so lots of conversation and discussion at the table. That made for a very enjoyable evening. The second was attended by 7; 5 from a single group and us, so less interaction but still very enjoyable. The food was excellent and the wines were topshelf or close to it. I liked the interaction of the larger group.

Regarding wine pours, our experience was that if your glass is empty, it would get re-filled. There was no skimping on pours. Just the opposite. Food was also excellent, on par with any of the specialty restaurants but with courses that were not offered on the menus from any other restaurant on the ship, as far as I know.

As you probably know, each course and win, especially pairing is discussed by the Chef and Sommelier prior to serving. They will answer any question that you have; we've had some great discussions, especially if the group is food and wine saavy. Go for it and have fun.

I had a nightmare experience. First of all the area for the Chefs table was in the fwd solarium cafe, the only thing separating you from folks eating in the café buffet was a curtain. But that was not the main issue, it turns out during the meal an attendee passenger felt another said a racial slur and suddenly it was on like donkey kong….horrible expensive experience. I could of ate in the buffet or dining room for no extra charge.

I had a nightmare experience. First of all the area for the Chefs table was in the fwd solarium cafe, the only thing separating you from folks eating in the café buffet was a curtain. But that was not the main issue, it turns out during the meal an attendee passenger felt another said a racial slur and suddenly it was on like donkey kong….horrible expensive experience. I could of ate in the buffet or dining room for no extra charge.

Because of the passenger? Not RCCL fault ?

When I did it with princes we were in the main dining room but sorta roped off. So that wouldn’t bother me

We have done Chef's Table twice on Oasis and thoroughly enjoyed both occasions. The first was a group of 14 - 16 people so lots of conversation and discussion at the table. That made for a very enjoyable evening. The second was attended by 7; 5 from a single group and us, so less interaction but still very enjoyable. The food was excellent and the wines were topshelf or close to it. I liked the interaction of the larger group.

Regarding wine pours, our experience was that if your glass is empty, it would get re-filled. There was no skimping on pours. Just the opposite. Food was also excellent, on par with any of the specialty restaurants but with courses that were not offered on the menus from any other restaurant on the ship, as far as I know.

As you probably know, each course and win, especially pairing is discussed by the Chef and Sommelier prior to serving. They will answer any question that you have; we've had some great discussions, especially if the group is food and wine saavy. Go for it and have fun.

I love it! THats how was with princess great food and wine pairing. Great with wine pours and refills as needed. That why we enjoyed into so much on princess. Wanted to see how good RCCL isn’t

Because of the passenger? Not RCCL fault ?

When I did it with princes we were in the main dining room but sorta roped off. So that wouldn’t bother me

I will let you decide however you wish but RCCL staff did nothing while the event took place. They let it play out, wine was no longer served and most left before desert....it was an abbreviated experience to say the least. I would say if the 4 or 5 officers standing around conferring for 45 minutes would have asked the two offending parties to leave... it may have turned out better..... Secondly if loud buffet noise (so much so you could not hear the chef describe his work/wine pairings) does not bother you....I am thinking this just might be an incredible extra $200.00 experience of a lifetime and I therefore strongly suggest you go for it.

I will let you decide however you wish but RCCL staff did nothing while the event took place. They let it play out, wine was no longer served and most left before desert....it was an abbreviated experience to say the least. I would say if the 4 or 5 officers standing around conferring for 45 minutes would have asked the two offending parties to leave... it may have turned out better..... Secondly if loud buffet noise (so much so you could not hear the chef describe his work/wine pairings) does not bother you....I am thinking this just might be an incredible extra $200.00 experience of a lifetime and I therefore strongly suggest you go for it.

Did you demand a refund. ?

we did chefs table on princess cruise lines a few years ago and loved it. What’s your experience ? Is Food and wine good? Do they give a typical wine pour? How is quality of food ?

Full glasses of wine for us, we had to pace ourselves.

It's outstanding. We just did it in October with six family members. Food is fantastic wine well paired and the presentation is well done. This was our second time to do CT on Oasis and I would do it again in a NY minute. I wouldn't book in advance as they offered us a discount once we got on board. We were in an OS and hanging out in the suite lounge the first day and the concierge came around and offered us $20 off.

Venue in SL is nice. The only CT we did with a better venue was on Carnival in the galley. We did that twice and loved it. Both times they did a mid-dinner entertainment of magicians, who were amazing. I am talking a foot away and can't see the trick, AMAZING!!!

We did it on the Anthem in September 2016 going to New England and Canada, and I know I could not get my wife to do it again if they paid her. Yes the wine was tolerable to good, and they poured it regularly, what they didn’t do was bring the courses regularly, after 3-1/2 hours my wife and our friend’s wife left. The two men stayed til the bitter end and after dessert four hours plus in we left. We had a complete boar A-hole lawyer from Jersey who held court at the table and belittled the staff the experience and disagreed with any discussion about anything. I am a food lover, but over 3 hours and I lose interest. The food was good, but not awesome. Worst dinner experience I have sat through. Almost as bad as the time the wife and I had spent a week on a river cruise with each other then a long day in a car visiting Verdun and an outlet mall in France, before arriving in Trois (lovely city truly awesome) and eating at a 3 star Michelin restaurant which we went to without reservation, where we were seated in an isolated corner eating a 8 course meal where we had no one but ourselves to talk to after a week together on a river cruise and a long long day together in a car. We had nothing to say to each other at that point, and the wait staff would appear in unison to suddenly give us another course and then disappear for 15 minutes before whisking away the plates. Which went on for three or four hours, before we were finally able to pay the bill and go to bed in our hotel. The food was beyond excellent the service was beyond excellent, and the next night my wife said I just want pizza or a burger and to go to bed. Of course, after our pizza in Tours and a glass of wine, I watched a friendly football match between France and (I think) Germany in Paris, when the players stopped and looked up and sort of froze for a long moment before playing again. Turns out that was the bombers in November 2015 blowing themselves up outside the stadium. Since I had the sound off on the TV because I don’t speak French. I was confused. The next morning the DW asked what was up with the Iphones and IPads all night as our friends back in the USA were concerned we were in the shootings.

JC

It's outstanding. We just did it in October with six family members. Food is fantastic wine well paired and the presentation is well done. This was our second time to do CT on Oasis and I would do it again in a NY minute. I wouldn't book in advance as they offered us a discount once we got on board. We were in an OS and hanging out in the suite lounge the first day and the concierge came around and offered us $20 off.

Venue in SL is nice. The only CT we did with a better venue was on Carnival in the galley. We did that twice and loved it. Both times they did a mid-dinner entertainment of magicians, who were amazing. I am talking a foot away and can't see the trick, AMAZING!!!

Hmmm I would hate to see into offered for $40 less per couple if I booked ahead. On princess they only offered 2xs on a week cruise so with limited seating we decided to do it. Is t the same on RCCL?