Change Cabin

Dear cruisers, April 26 we board the Navigator of the Seas.

on August 7, I sent an email to RC with the question if we can change cabins. When I look at the site they are still available. It is a bigger room (Promenade view deck 8), but the price should be the same.

I have not received an answer yet. Am I just impatient ?

I do not dare to call because I come from the Netherlands and my English is not so fluent.

Is there someone with experience with this? Changing a room by mail with RC?

Thank you in advance for your answers and experiences

on August 7, I sent an email to RC with the question if we can change cabins. When I look at the site they are still available. It is a bigger room (Promenade view deck 8), but the price should be the same.

I do not dare to call because I come from the Netherlands and my English is not so fluent.

I do not see any of the promenade rooms that look any bigger than any of the other promenade rooms. In order to change rooms at no cost you need to be in the exact same category. If you are switching from one category to a different category then your reservation would be repriced Ta the current rates for the new room.

If you post specific rooms that you have and want to move to we can be of more help.

I don’t think that Royal will make any changes to your reservation based on e mail, you will need to call.

A phone call is generally the best way to make changes. I understand it's expensive to call from overseas, but if it's a different cabin that will "make" your vacation....do it!

Haha but it's my English. I don't speak it very fluent. So I find it a bit scary to call :halo::halo::halo::halo::halo:;-)

No we booked an interior room 8475. On the same deck 3 promenade cabins are available. The price is not that different because we booked an higher deck for our current cabin.

So you think they will not answer?

You need to call to make the change. Do you have a friend that could help you out?

First of all don't try to do this by e-mail as the cabin you want may not be available by the time they get back to you. This really is something you need to do by phone. If the cabin you want is available switching should be no problem. You will be charged any price difference between what you originally paid and the price of the new cabin. You will also lose any promotional OBC that you might have received on the original booking unless they are now offering a similar promotion.

Did you originally book through a travel agent or on-line?

This can't EVER happen by email. You have to pick up the phone

How did you book your cruise? If it was with a travel agent they should do this for you (in what ever language!)

I don't think you can book directly on the USA site any more if you are outside the USA unless you give a USA address.

The cost of the phone call may outweigh the cost differentials on the room though .