Would this plan be feasible?

MD_CRUZER

I'm looking to book an excursion while in Cozumel--I really would like snorkel and see El Cielo, and I prefer going on a catamaran. However, we're also interested in seeing a bit of the East side of the island.

If I book a trip that returns to the pier at around 1:30 pm, is it possible to hire a taxi to take us to a bar/beach or two for a couple drinks, and maybe to see the blowholes? Our ship leaves at 5, so we would need to be back for boarding around 4.

How much should we (two adults, two kids) expect to pay for a taxi for that kind of request?

Howdy neighbor! :D

Look into booking a private driver - I do not think you have time to do it all any other way. Black Hat tours or Tours Plaza are often suggested on this board -- lay out your requirements/desires for East side, El Cielo, etc. and see what they come up with. Several fun and funky beach bars (Coconuts! :cool: ) on the east side.

If you speak a little Spanish and have done your homework you could even try hiring a cab by the hour -- you'll need 3-4+ hours with time for stops.

I was just wondering when you’re going to be in Cozumel MD_Cruzer? I’m looking to book a catamaran too but not one with 50 people! All the ones I’m trying say they need 2 more people or 6 more or whatever and I don’t know how to go about this lol!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

So I ended up booking this excursion for March 30.

https://www.shoreexcursioneer.com/cozumel/combo-catamaran-sail-snorkel-private-jeep.html

It does not go to El Cielo, but it checked off all my other boxes. The catamaran has a capacity of 30 passengers, and then the jeep part is private. I think it's a relatively new tour, which is why it doesn't have a ton of reviews, but the reviews it does have are all amazing.

• 2 weeks later...