Duke's Restaurant at Waikiki

trrn2016

Not all tables in the dining room have a view. You might call Duke's back and ask where they suggest you request a reservation. We like the bar, which does not take reservations, because of the view, and we like the outdoor patio in the evening but the sunset views will not be as good. The best guaranteed sunset views from that hotel are from the terrace tables at the Hula Grill which is upstairs. Many people who have restaurant reservations at sunset without a view go out to the beach to watch the sunset and then go back to their table. I love evenings on Waikiki so would choose being outside on the patio but that is just my preference. Cherie

Thanks for the input. I will call them and make sure I ask for a "table with a view"

And remember, if they take you to a table that no one else wanted you can say that you will wait for a better table and get a drink and, if wanted, an appetizer in the bar while waiting. I hope you'll let us know how you enjoy your evening. Cherie

Not all tables in the dining room have a view. You might call Duke's back and ask where they suggest you request a reservation. We like the bar, which does not take reservations, because of the view, and we like the outdoor patio in the evening but the sunset views will not be as good. The best guaranteed sunset views from that hotel are from the terrace tables at the Hula Grill which is upstairs. Many people who have restaurant reservations at sunset without a view go out to the beach to watch the sunset and then go back to their table. I love evenings on Waikiki so would choose being outside on the patio but that is just my preference. Cherie

Thanks Cherie..good points. I will post on my experience when we return in April. Aloha!!

• 2 months later...