Vision of the seas is it worth it for a great mediterranean cruise?

CanadaRob

I love Radiance class(Jewel is my favourite)and I don't miss not having a Promenade or lots of specialty restaurants.

Having never done the slightly smaller/older ship is there anything that those that have sailed her recently would say they missed or wished was present on the Vision that was on your last Radiance or Freedom or heck even Oasis class cruise.

Really trying to convince DW that this is the way to go $$ wise and itinerary wise.(Looking at a 13N Med/Greek isles)

Thoughts and any advice appreciated

I love Radiance class(Jewel is my favourite)and I don't miss not having a Promenade or lots of specialty restaurants.

Having never done the slightly smaller/older ship is there anything that those that have sailed her recently would say they missed or wished was present on the Vision that was on your last Radiance or Freedom or heck even Oasis class cruise.

Really trying to convince DW that this is the way to go $$ wise and itinerary wise.(Looking at a 13N Med/Greek isles)

Thoughts and any advice appreciated

I actually prefer Vision class to Radiance class. Larger main pool deck and I prefer the Solarium design on Vision class. Very nice ship.

I have and would do this on the Jewel instead...I've sailed on Vision many times and would definitely opt for the Radiance class. JMHO...but enjoy whatever you decide will work out best or is important for you.

In the Med it's all about the ports. I prefer the newer, bigger ships for the Caribbean, but for a Med cruise I book for the itinerary and price. I'd have no problem doing that cruise on Vision.

I agree! We did Med cruise on the Jewel last October. Wonderful cruise! It was very port intensive and it would not have mattered what ship we were on, we were so tired after full, busy port days. [emoji4][emoji4] Just amazing!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We sailed the Vision 16N TA from Copenhagen to Cape Liberty in August. We loved the ship! We found that it was well maintained and the crew was amazing. Although smaller than the Radiance class, it offered the same venues and we didn't find anything lacking. We enjoyed our cruise on her so much, that we are booked on her again for a 12 N Mediterranean in September.

We have cruised the Med 5 times now, but always on bigger ships.

To see certain ports you need to be on a smaller ship. So we have booked Vision for this August from Barcelona-visiting Venice, Croatia and Montenegro. I'm really looking forward to seeing different places and what a smaller ship has to offer.

It's all about the itinerary!!

Radiance class is currently my favorite also but we sailed rhapsody out of Venice and loved her. The only thing I thought slightly different is the exterior facing glass elevators. The vision class is a great design and mirrors many positive attributes of radiance class. Book med for itinerary- and you get a great ship in the vision as a bonus :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I concur with the posters who relate positive experiences with The Vision of the Seas. We did a Mediterranean cruise on it in 2015 and we loved it! Yes, Vision does not have all the bells and whistles of a larger ship, but with a port intensive cruise such as yours, that matters little. The ship was clean, the staff helpful and personable. We would sail the Vision again with no hesitation!

• 3 weeks later...

We were on the Vision on a Baltic Cruise last summer. Overall, I liked this ship. I felt it was clean and attractive. Our cruise was pretty port intensive so we didn't rely on the ship for our "fun". The only thing that I wasn't crazy about was the Windjammer. It seemed rather small with less variety compared to other ships. We liked it enough that we are sailing on it again this coming May on a 12 day Mediterranean cruise.

Was on Freedom OTS this past spring in the Med, Barcelona to Italy. The ship was fine and the excursions were terrific. It did not matter what there was to do on the ship as the excursions left us very tired. We only had one sea day to do ship things. I liked the ship well enough that I am sailing again on her in April. This time a Caribbean cruise to enjoy the ship more.

I agree with the previous posters.

We have been on the Navigator and the Vision in the Med. Both were excellent cruises, good crew, and fantastic ships.

But .... if I were to choose a Royal ship for another cruise around the Med ... definitely the Vision !

-- Don

We did the Mediterranean on Radiance class (Brilliance), and while we really loved the ship... We weren't on it that much! All day was spent on excursions, and we were so tired on our days at see, that we didn't take full advantage of the amenities (and, we were in our 30's back then, and some of the youngest people onboard).

The key, most important thing about the ship, was sharing a large table in the MDR with others who we didn't know. We had AMAZING tablemates, with differing backgrounds. Chatting about our excursions was so fun :) Normally, on cruises, we have dinner and leave the table within an hour or so... but on this cruise we all enjoyed each others company so much that we "shut the place down" every night! We'd be among the last to leave. I am also VERY GLAD that we had the late dinner (on every other cruise we've done early) because our excursions lasted so long, and we always felt like we needed a shower before dinner. The late dinner gave us time to clean up and get ready each night.

We were on the Vision on a Baltic Cruise last summer. Overall, I liked this ship. I felt it was clean and attractive. Our cruise was pretty port intensive so we didn't rely on the ship for our "fun". The only thing that I wasn't crazy about was the Windjammer. It seemed rather small with less variety compared to other ships. We liked it enough that we are sailing on it again this coming May on a 12 day Mediterranean cruise.

Ditto to this post, although we thought the WJ was fine. Our only caveat...do NOT get JS cabin #8040. It is right at the entrance to the Centrum and the music, etc.. from the Centrum is very loud in the cabin. Apparently, the deck cabins were re-configured after we booked this cabin as I would never have have booked a cabin in this location. They do shut the fire door which helps but then you have to listen to the door opening and closing as people go in and out and then there are the knuckleheads who do not shut the the door! If you are going to get a cabin in that area, I would go with #8036 or lower like #8034, 8032, etc.. The ship in general was great and we would sail her again with no question. :D

We did the Med twice. Once on Navigator and I can't even remember which ship on the other one...does that tell you how much importance the ship holds on a Med cruise? We were exhausted because it's port intensive and we were glad we had previously been on the ship, because we saw VERY little of it.

Loved my cruise from Venice to the Greek Isles on the Vision

Due to circumstances beyond my control (the airline lost my luggage), I did eat in the Windjammer each night. There was a different special themed buffet area each night so there was plenty of variety One night they even dipped strawberries in the chocolate of your choice.

The crew was fantastic Even though Royal had no place in my luggage fiasco, they called the airline each day for me for any updates. They also offered to loan me something to wear on formal nights. My trip to the bridge with Captain Marek was the most informative ever.

I would love to do another Med cruise on her.