Anyone recently cruised on the Vision of the Seas recently?

Ok Thanks! Someone said there were not soap and shampoo dispensers in the cabin showers. Is that still true?

It was true on our Vision cruise last year. Only bars of soap, no shampoo/conditioner combo.

Would love to hear your impression of the ship. What did you love or favorite place to spend your day etc. What to not miss on the ship. also, any cons you found on the Vision.

Thanks

I last sailed on her in August of 2017 and she was in great shape for a 19 year old ship.

Ok Thanks! Someone said there were not soap and shampoo dispensers in the cabin showers. Is that still true?

We were on Vision a few weeks ago and there was a wall dispenser (shampoo/body wash?) plus bar soap.

We had a great time! It was the smallest and oldest ship we'd been on so I was a little nervous, but we always had plenty to do, and the crew was wonderful.

• 4 weeks later...

Got off on 2/9. Ship and staff were great. Entertainment great. Food ok.

Chilled soup in MDR was my favorite. Ranger cookies and No-sugar cookies were out of this world.

Bar soap in shower and there was a soap

/ shampoo container, don’t know if anything in it. I brought my own

Would go again

Went on Vision of the Seas Thanksgiving last year. The ship condition itself looks fine. If you are used to other amenities on other ships, Vision of the Seas does not have the safe to lock up your stuffs in your room, it also doesn't have the small refrigerator. It does has the shampoo dispenser in the shower. Shower is curtain instead of sliding door.

One big difference I notice from this class of the ship is that Vision has the Windjammer buffet at the front of the Ship which you can feel the motion the most while eating. While other classes have the Windjammer buffet at the back of the ship for less motion. I guess that Vision is one of the early class within RCI fleet. RCI later classes move the Windjammer to the back.

Edited by StrikeEagle

Went on Vision of the Seas Thanksgiving last year. The ship condition itself looks fine. If you are used to other amenities on other ships, Vision of the Seas does not have the safe to lock up your stuffs in your room, it also doesn't have the small refrigerator. It does has the shampoo dispenser in the shower. Shower is curtain instead of sliding door.

One big difference I notice from this class of the ship is that Vision has the Windjammer buffet at the front of the Ship which you can feel the motion the most while eating. While other classes have the Windjammer buffet at the back of the ship for less motion. I guess that Vision is one of the early class within RCI fleet. RCI later classes move the Windjammer to the back.

I have been on Vision recently. My JS had a safe and a fridge. Balcony cabins also have the fridge.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I have been on Vision recently. My JS had a safe and a fridge. Balcony cabins also have the fridge.

Sailed in January in a deck 7 Oceanview - we also had a safe (located in the cabinet with shelves over the desk), and also had a chiller/fridge in the room.

Edited by peach section
added location

On the Vision right now. JS does not have soap dispenser on Wall, but furnished with small soap bars, shampoo, conditioner, shower gel and lotion.

The ship is beautiful, in great condition and staff and crew are great. Amazing how they can pack 7 days of activities into 4 or 5 days.

A new CD (Ken Jones) this cruise so we will see if he has as much energy as Steve the previous CD, I doubt it!!

The biggest difference we have noticed is the ride. This ship has no Azipods, only shafts and propellers, so you get a lot of vibration, especially in aft cabins!! Also in rough seas there is a lot of rocking and rolling—just come prepared with seasick remedies!

Food has been ok, no beef tenderloin or lobster on formal night. The WJ offerings are limited, but it is a small ship. Not the best food ever, but we’re not going hungry!!

Carla

We have an interior room. Be booked interior room in all our cruises (Freeedom, Voyager, Oasis classes) all of those classes for interrior room has safe and refrigerator, I guess for interior room on Vision doesn't have safe and refrigator unlike the one in suite or balcony cabins.