Port location 8th April Journey Singapore

uktog

Now she is on a roll of success, I wonder if Bonnie can get the correct answer for the 8th April Journey cruise. I have today received from Azamara my guest booklet which shows the embarkation point as the Marina Bay Cruise Centre, which is of course where the big Celebrity and RCI ships go.

I am wondering if this is another of these parent company generic efforts because according to the port websites the ship will be at the Singapore Cruise Centre beside Harbour City which is a completely different place. I recall someone posted a week or so ago that the start of their Singapore-Bali cruise was stressful because of wrong port information.

I am a back to back guest so not affected, but others will be. Can we get a definitive answer which cruise docking location Journey will be at - and if it is not Marina Bay - grrrr -how do we stop these mistakes and perhaps some communication to all booked guests might be needed

I’ve realised I also haven’t received my booklet for 25 March cruise again the port sites show the dock as Singapore Cruise Centre is this correct?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Just checked our docs for the 25th March, it does indeed show the Marina Bay Cruise Terminal, despite the Singapore Cruise Centre stating the Journey will be at Harbourfront !

The good news is I’ve managed to printout coloured case labels .......whoopee!

Ok It looks like all the booklets for Singapore may not be correct. Oh except we’ve not even got one for 25th so maybe ours will be correct when it comes

Now I'm confused.... not to mention a little concerned. I originally had researched and confirmed the port for the March 25th sailing of Journey from Signapore was Singapore Cruise Centre Harbourfront, but the Guest Ticket Booklet which I printed yesterday states Marina Bay Cruise Centre.

Here's the link to the Singapore Cruise Centre Harbourfront with Azamara Journey listed as confirmed arriving and departing March 25th:

https://www.singaporecruise.com.sg/index.php/?page_id=110&action=cruise

Here's the link to the Marina Bay Cruise Centre - no Azamara for March 25th - in fact Azamara is not even a vessel option when searching:

https://mbccs.com.sg/index.php?option=com_jumi&view=application&fileid=4&Itemid=117&select_vessel=&to_date_hidden=25%2F03%2F2018&from_date_hidden=25%2F03%2F2018

Bonnie if you can please confirm.

Ok It looks like all the booklets for Singapore may not be correct. Oh except we’ve not even got one for 25th so maybe ours will be correct when it comes

Silly question I know, but have you checked your online documents for your guest ticket booklet for the 25th?

And Bonnie, while you are at it, can you please confirm if Azamara will indeed assist with Canadian guests securing a visa for Vietnam, and that all we need to bring is a recent passport photo.

Thank you.

Hasn’t this been answered on the Roll Call for the 25th March cruise?

Now I'm confused.... not to mention a little concerned. I originally had researched and confirmed the port for the March 25th sailing of Journey from Signapore was Singapore Cruise Centre Harbourfront, but the Guest Ticket Booklet which I printed yesterday states Marina Bay Cruise Centre.

Here's the link to the Singapore Cruise Centre Harbourfront with Azamara Journey listed as confirmed arriving and departing March 25th:

https://www.singaporecruise.com.sg/index.php/?page_id=110&action=cruise

Here's the link to the Marina Bay Cruise Centre - no Azamara for March 25th - in fact Azamara is not even a vessel option when searching:

https://mbccs.com.sg/index.php?option=com_jumi&view=application&fileid=4&Itemid=117&select_vessel=&to_date_hidden=25%2F03%2F2018&from_date_hidden=25%2F03%2F2018

Bonnie if you can please confirm.

The cruise center website also shows Journey next port of call as Port Klang.....

From our Hotel Director Ryszard:

This is the correct address :

Berth: Singapore Cruise Centre (Harbour Front). Guests needs to direct themselves to Harbour Front and then it should be fine.

In regards to Vietnam, we will take care of any immigration requirements . Visas are charged onboard to guest's folios.

Berth: Singapore Cruise Centre (Harbour Front). Guests needs to direct themselves to Harbour Front and then it should be fine.

In regards to Vietnam, we will take care of any immigration requirements . Visas are charged onboard to guest's folios.

Thank you Bonnie for confirming the position that the guests are currently being directed to the wrong place.

In that case Azamara needs to reissue all it’s documentation for the two cruises or otherwise contact the guests and say sorry! That’s not the ships job so I hope others have been alerted in this respect. (Maybe you’ve already also escalated this couldn’t tell from your post)

No lessons have been learned from January when guests were given the same wrong information. This is all not creating a very good impression to the first time cruisers you now target.

Come on Azamara what’s going on!

Deja Vu. We had the same problems with Istanbul in 2013. Azamara Port Directions were notoriously wrong and Bill Leiber tried to get them corrected again and again, with no result. It corrected itself when Azamara stopped using Istanbul as a port.

Link to that old thread below

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1824154

We had this problem on a previous Azamara cruise. We were directed to the wrohg port in Singapore. I am disappointed in Azamara for not correcting this. It led to an interesting encounter with a wonderful young man from Singapore, so I will always have a high opinion of Singapore because of this.

Deja Vu. We had the same problems with Istanbul in 2013. Azamara Port Directions were notoriously wrong and Bill Leiber tried to get them corrected again and again, with no result. It corrected itself when Azamara stopped using Istanbul as a port.

Link to that old thread below

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1824154

From the detail Bill gave, you could see the challenges he had back then. He was such a fount of knowledge and wisdom, he must be shaking his head up on his cloud some days when he sees what has changed and what has most certainly not changed.

Here is the exact address in Singapore:

Singapore Cruise Centre

1 Maritime Square

Harbour Front Centre

Singapore 099253

Bonnie could you please confirm that the Journey will be docking at White Bay Sydney for embarkation on the 7th March. Thank you.

Re. SYDNEY:

We’ve confirmed that for the February 22, 2018 and March 7, 2018 voyages, the Azamara Journey has been arranged to move the ship’s station from White Bay to the Overseas Passenger Terminal (located 130 Argyle St, The Rocks NSW 2000, Australia). This puts the Azamara Journey in the very heart of Sydney’s waterfront action. A communication was been sent to booked guests yesterday, please refer to communication letter for details.