Anthem - all digital USB photo package

akba15

Just got back from Navigator of the Seas 9 night sailing to So Caribbean. I did buy the unlimited USB package pre-cruise for $199. Onboard, the best discount for all was 10% for the first few days from the regular onboard price of $249. Even with my 10% off Diamond coupon, the pre-cruise purchase was a better deal netting 20% off. We are happy with the photos and walked away with 59 photos including a few while using the Flowrider. Looks like this is a better deal pre-cruise.

• 2 months later...

Does anyone know if the photos they take on ifly, bumper cars, etc are included in the photo packages? I read they set up nightly to take photos, but looking over past cruise compass newsletter, I don't see it mentioned. Where and when do they set up nightly?

When we took Anthem in 2016, the iFly photos were included in the USB package. It's hit an miss as to when the photographers are there. When we sailed Quantum, we did not have a photographer for iFly. The same is true for North Star where we had the photos on Quantum but not on Anthem.

The only photos we did not see included in the USB package are the photos from the Ultimate Abyss on Harmony. The only difference I see is that a photographer is not taking the Ultimate Abyss is automated. For the cost of the USB package, I think all photos should be included.

In short, I think any photo taken by the ship's photographer is included in the USB package.

• 4 weeks later...
I just saw this option come in my cruise planner.

Can someone clarify for me please -- does this also include embarkation photos, photos taken when you get off at ports, characters, etc. Or does it only include photos on ship (like in dining room)? I have never purchased a package before so am unclear and want to see if it is worth the $249.

Thank you!

Hi Akba15 :)

The all digital package covers all photos. During my previous 12-night Anthem sailing the all digital package was $249 online and $269 onboard. The all digital package also came with an option to print photo's at $5 each.

Is your sailing also a 12-night?

:)

• 8 months later...
On 1/25/2018 at 5:20 PM, Garys12 said:

Here’s my question on the unlimited photo package... my kids are booked in a separate room. Will they still include their pics on my usb?

I cannot speak for RCCL directly. However, whenever we have sailed as a family having 2 - 3 cabins for our group we have gotten most, if not all of the photos that were taken. I do know that the main thing you want to ensure happens is that when you are first boarding your cruise ship make sure that everyone is in the photo that they ask you to take on embarkation. They rely on facial recognition and when you give them your sea pass card (cabin key card, etc..) that will ensure that any photos that are taken are allocated to that photo gallery portfolio. Like I said I am only speaking about my personal experience, not anyone elses.

I was on Anthem in December. No USB - a link to the photos was sent about a week after the cruise, with 30 days to download the photos. There was an option to download photos during the last day of the cruise, but the wi-fi (we had the full internet package) was so wonky at that point that I was only able to get a few of them. All photos from embarkation on were included.

My adult daughter was in her own cabin. We just made sure to have lots of photos of her taken that included my husband and/or me, so they went into our package.

• 1 month later...
On 1/31/2019 at 9:58 AM, motherof said:

I was on Anthem in December. No USB - a link to the photos was sent about a week after the cruise, with 30 days to download the photos. There was an option to download photos during the last day of the cruise, but the wi-fi (we had the full internet package) was so wonky at that point that I was only able to get a few of them. All photos from embarkation on were included.

Hi - I was wondering - when you got the download link, it was only your photos, right? Did you purchase an "Unlimited" package?

I remember on board Explorer 3 years ago, I was able to use the on-board kiosks to find "missing" photos (ones with my son and his grandma) that the photo recognition missed, and then add them to my collection.

Did the website have any option for that (adding missing photos)? Or could you only download?

Thanks!

4 hours ago, notyou said:

Hi - I was wondering - when you got the download link, it was only your photos, right? Did you purchase an "Unlimited" package?

I remember on board Explorer 3 years ago, I was able to use the on-board kiosks to find "missing" photos (ones with my son and his grandma) that the photo recognition missed, and then add them to my collection.

Did the website have any option for that (adding missing photos)? Or could you only download?

Thanks!

Only my photos, and it was an unlimited package. 

On the ship, I was able to view any photos that had been taken each day. There was one (that I know of) missing photo of my daughter on iFly. We were able to find and add that with the assistance of the photography staff. But there is no option once you are off the ship to search for any missing photos. Only the previously identified photos were available for download.

18 hours ago, motherof said:

Only my photos, and it was an unlimited package. 

On the ship, I was able to view any photos that had been taken each day. There was one (that I know of) missing photo of my daughter on iFly. We were able to find and add that with the assistance of the photography staff. But there is no option once you are off the ship to search for any missing photos. Only the previously identified photos were available for download.

Thank you!