Second Dry Dock Set for Royal Caribbean's Adventure of the Seas Cruise Ship

LauraS

my concern is for those who were already booked and have been cancelled with very little notice. sure they can rebook on another ship with some onboard credit, but what about pre or post hotel stays, airlines, excursions. we are on the next regularly scheduled cruise after renovation is completed (february 17) and are in jeopardy of having this impact our cruise if things don't go exactly as scheduled. with a multi-generational group of 8 that we have been planning for almost a year, i would be really upset if our plans are interrupted.

Felt the same way when had booked way in advance a March 2018 cruise on the Celebrity Edge and were bumped due to a charter. Not the best feeling! Celebrity didn't handle it well either- they would only honor the price we paid (booked the first day the ship opened for bookings) the week before or after for the same price- otherwise too bad- they gave us a meager shipboard credit if we booked again at a different day/time of year. As you might guess, the rates increased for all other cruises. Not good if you work and can only go on vacation certain days/times of year.

my concern is for those who were already booked and have been cancelled with very little notice. sure they can rebook on another ship with some onboard credit, but what about pre or post hotel stays, airlines, excursions. we are on the next regularly scheduled cruise after renovation is completed (February 17) and are in jeopardy of having this impact our cruise if things don't go exactly as scheduled. with a multi-generational group of 8 that we have been planning for almost a year, i would be really upset if our plans are interrupted.

Yes, not so great for passengers expecting a cruise in 5 weeks. RCI will be writing a lot of checks for airline change fees and pre-paid hotel rooms. Not nearly enough OBC for the pain this will put passengers through. Price protection is meaningless for flight and hotel costs!

Fortunately we are booked on a B2B on Adventure in January 2019. Bad form RCI canceling vacations with only a month to make other arrangements.

Yes, not so great for passengers expecting a cruise in 5 weeks. RCI will be writing a lot of checks for airline change fees and pre-paid hotel rooms. Not nearly enough OBC for the pain this will put passengers through. Price protection is meaningless for flight and hotel costs!

Fortunately we are booked on a B2B on Adventure in January 2019. Bad form RCI canceling vacations with only a month to make other arrangements.

my concern is for those who were already booked and have been cancelled with very little notice. sure they can rebook on another ship with some onboard credit, but what about pre or post hotel stays, airlines, excursions. we are on the next regularly scheduled cruise after renovation is completed (february 17) and are in jeopardy of having this impact our cruise if things don't go exactly as scheduled. with a multi-generational group of 8 that we have been planning for almost a year, i would be really upset if our plans are interrupted.

This article is from April 2017. These folks were given notice since then.

I'm on your 2/17 cruise. Because a 5-day repositioning cruise precedes ours, I'm hopeful that any delays would impact ONLY that cruise and not ours. We'd be in pretty bad shape, having booked EVERYTHING at this point - hotels, excursions, flights! Let's keep our fingers crossed!!!

This is an old thread that was brought back to the top, this didn't just happen. We were scheduled for Adventure B2B, they notified everyone in April of the cancelled cruises. We rebooked on Jewel, were given 400.00/week OBC.:)

We're booked for early March in a balcony on deck 8, does anyone know if they'll be updating the other staterooms in the dry dock?

Probably not. Replacing furniture in cabins not usually done unless broke then it's replaced or fixed with same style. That is done yr round when needed. Exception is sometimes they update Suites on some ships...

We're booked for early March in a balcony on deck 8, does anyone know if they'll be updating the other staterooms in the dry dock?

Probably not. Replacing furniture in cabins not usually done unless broke then it's replaced or fixed with same style. That is done yr round when needed. Exception is sometimes they update Suites on some ships...

When Explorer, Voyager, and Navigator had their major dry docks, all of their cabins were updated (carpets, drapes, couches, etc) with the new navy blue color scheme.

Dreadpirate, We're on the same cruise. I'm not worried about it. They're just finishing up some work they didn't get done last drydock due to a different hurricane. I'm just worried about ports especially Puerto Rico. Slow getting things back to normal.

Thanks for your reply. From what I'm seeing, PR is fine for travel near the ports, it is the more outlying areas that need substantial infrastructure work. I have friends who have been there recently.

If a suite DR is added, will junior suites qualify to eat in it?

We just booked the 13 night Quebec to FLL in a Junior suite. Sweet!

Helaine

You never know, Oasis class allows JS guests for dinner.

• 2 months later...
Suite guests dining

For breakfast you have use of Giovanni's, which is located on the 11th deck ( same as the WindJammer) starboard side.

It is a full service sit down breakfast with your own chef and a very nice menu with a small but very nice buffet that has upgraded pastries and such.

This breakfast is also open on the day you depart which is a MAJOR PERK while the bedlam occurs in the WJ.

Lunch is the same for everyone - port days the WJ.

Sea days a choice of the MDR for their delicious tutti salad for those who eat healthy and enjoy over 20 different ingredients for a personally made salad.

Dinner is MDR or a specialty restaurant with an upcharge.

I had no clue you could eat in Giovannis on the first day. Do you know the hours they are open?