Club World Owner's Suite Questions

Bejay219

Will be first time on Azamara sailing soon in the Club Owner's Suite, have a couple of questions. We are getting conflicting information when we search Azamara web site and C.C.

-Is the bathtub a standard bath tub or is it a jacuzzi tub?

-Is the bed, when put together a King size or Queen size?

Any other tips or advise would be appreciated!

We are looking forward to a wonderful trip!

I remember jacuzzi and king sized. I'm sure Phil will keep my memory accurate...Hey Phil!

We loved our Owner's Suite the 3 times we sailed in it as we like to spend a lot of time secluded there and on the HUGE balcony. Last time was right after dry dock, and there were some design and equipment issues that have probably been resolved by now, many months later. Lots of room...Have friends over for cocktails or a dinner! More storage room than you will need. Attractive design. We've sailed in big suites on Celebrity, Princess, and Cunard, and this is the best designed among them. Be prepared for the special Best of the Best evening, which is a real treat.

Will be first time on Azamara sailing soon in the Club Owner's Suite, have a couple of questions. We are getting conflicting information when we search Azamara web site and C.C.

-Is the bathtub a standard bath tub or is it a jacuzzi tub?

-Is the bed, when put together a King size or Queen size?

Any other tips or advise would be appreciated!

We are looking forward to a wonderful trip!

The bathtub is a soaking tub rather than a jacuzzi tub (they took the jacuzzi tubs out when the ships were reimagined). The bed I think is a King. It's pretty big anyway. It's worth pointing out that the port side CWs have beds that don't split to a twin and those on the starboard side do.

The balcony is great. Deck six is deeper than deck seven which is deeper than deck 8. For that reason I prefer deck 6. You may get soot on the balcony and if you are going at speed you'll notice quite a bit of vibration in the cabin.

In my view Azamara missed an opportunity to really spec the cabins up when they refurbished them. There are some odd omissions like the provision of USB points that the other cabins on the ship have. I find those really useful. The walk in shower is a nightmare if the sea is rough because water floods the floor, but if it's relatively calm you'll be fine. Storage in the bathroom is really poor.

Overall though the cabins are really nice and you can't beat that aft view!

Hey Tom!

Phil

You are right Phil however I do know when Journey went to dry dock in January some modifications were being done in the big suites. I was told wiring and solving bathroom issues which I take it is that annoying flooding.

For a lady, the Club World Ocean (not Owners but just for info) has an annoying feature (I really hope it’s now had!) the dressing table desk is what looks like a single drawer. Unfortunately it’s not, it’s fake, a solid front. If like me you like to do hair and makeup at a bedroom mirror there is absolutely no drawer anywhere near to keep it in. Your nearest shallow drawer is your bedside drawer on the other side of the room

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Edited by uktog

As Phil says, no more jacuzzis - regular bathtubs only. The bed is a King.

Also note - the Club World Owner’s Suites on Pursuit will have showers only, no bathtubs at all. Insane in my opinion - any suite that sells for over $1,000 per person per night should have both a bathtub and a separate walk-in shower.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Bonnie,

We are booked in 7119 for 11 nights in September on Pursuit .

Can you confirm that these aft facing Owners suites have a bath as per deck plans attached.

https://www.azamaraclubcruises.co.uk/our-ships/azamara-pursuit/azamara-pursuit-deck-plans

Comment further up suggests that they will not have a tub.

Would appreciate a confirmation one way or the other.

Thanks

Procter

Have spoken to Azamara today 10.35GMT and they assure me (although not confidently) that there is a separate tub and shower!!

Personally not convinced as she appeared to be reading of deck plan info.

Incidentally I contributed £1.17 to Az profits as call costs us 7p per minute in UK

I wouldn’t be confident either. I heard directly from someone involved in the hotel side that Pursuit would have a shower only and powder room incorporated instead of the tub. Whatever that might mean. Unless of course they have had second thoughts. As Floris says they are pricey cabins if there is no tub (and to me they should be jacuzzi as the Spa Suites should be). Personally I think the storage in the current CW bathrooms is awful and the design of them poor.

Phil

Have spoken to Azamara today 10.35GMT and they assure me (although not confidently) that there is a separate tub and shower!!

Incidentally I contributed £1.17 to Az profits as call costs us 7p per minute in UK

I have two e-mails from Nicole Lukacs stating that there will be *no* bathtubs in the Club World Owner’s suites on Pursuit. One of the emails has Larry Pimentel on CC. I’d trust them more than a Guatemala call centre rep...

I have two e-mails from Nicole Lukacs stating that there will be *no* bathtubs in the Club World Owner’s suites on Pursuit. One of the emails has Larry Pimentel on CC. I’d trust them more than a Guatemala call centre rep...

The extra space is apparently used for a separate/second toilet & vanity.

Let’s not debate use of space the more immediate issue is Procter and others should get a consistent accurate message and Procter shouldn’t have to pay to get the information

Let’s not debate use of space the more immediate issue is Procter and others should get a consistent accurate message and Procter shouldn’t have to pay to get the information

Thank you!!! Let’s indeed not have 50 comments “I prefer a bath” and “I prefer a second toilet”. It’s pretty obvious that opinions will differ. The point is that Azamara should provide accurate information.

Bonnie,

We are booked in 7119 for 11 nights in September on Pursuit .

Can you confirm that these aft facing Owners suites have a bath as per deck plans attached.

https://www.azamaraclubcruises.co.uk/our-ships/azamara-pursuit/azamara-pursuit-deck-plans

Comment further up suggests that they will not have a tub.

Would appreciate a confirmation one way or the other.

Thanks

Procter

These owner suites will have shower only, no bath tub.

I apologize for the mixed messages. I’ll notify the marketing and customer service departments that this needs to be corrected.

Thanks for this Bonnie,

Do you think that this is/would be classed as false advertising on the website and what action will be taken for ALL those passengers i.e. not just us who booked from the website EXPECTING a bath.

Sorry that you are caught in the middle of this as it is obvious now that the description is merely a cut and paste from other ships.

Do the Ocean suites i.e. front of ship have no tub also?

Once again no proper checking of DETAIL.

The decision to remove these tubs must have been taken some time ago and a "placeholder comment " should have been used on these bookings.

You may have got this call cheap as when I call it is 19p per minute (7p Azamara charge and 12p per minute BT access charge).

Thanks for this Bonnie,

Do you think that this is/would be classed as false advertising on the website and what action will be taken for ALL those passengers i.e. not just us who booked from the website EXPECTING a bath.

Sorry that you are caught in the middle of this as it is obvious now that the description is merely a cut and paste from other ships.

Do the Ocean suites i.e. front of ship have no tub also?

Once again no proper checking of DETAIL.

The decision to remove these tubs must have been taken some time ago and a "placeholder comment " should have been used on these bookings.

Thank you Procter for pointing out this error in the Owner suite description. I’ve passed the information along to the heads of the relevant departments and it is in their court(s) now. I can confirm I have seen a subsequent communication to the web folks so I know the necessary correction is on their to-do list.

• 2 weeks later...
Does anyone know what "the Best of the Best" evening is all about or suite guests?

It is for guests in the Club World and Club Owners suites only. It is held in the Drawing room and is attended by the most senior three or four officers. The executive chef is given a free hand in their creativity with the menu. It is usually starter, intermediate course, sorbet, choice from two mains, fabulous dessert or sometimes two. Paired wines are beautiful and service by the suite butlers is fantastic. It is a very nice evening and if you have a good group of suite guests great conversation flows around the table

This was the menu on Quest on Jan. 21, 2018:

• Amuse Bouche: Mini Rossini

• Lobster & Alaska King Crab Salad

[w/Pickled Cucumber Tomato Jam and Lime Caviar]

Sauvignon Blanc, Honig, Napa Valley, California, 2015

• Cappelletti with Porcini Mushrooms

[w/Parsley Sponge and Cauliflower Foam]

Pommard, Bouchard Pere et Fils, Burgundy, France, 2015

• Blood Orange and Mint Granita

• Seafood Mélange

[Mahi Poached in Extra Virgin Olive Oil, Grilled Giant Shrimp and

Charred Squid]