Honolulu Airport question

Casey2

We will be on the POA in April. We have a 3 PM flight on Hawaiian Airlines to New York. Our plan is to disembark early, store our luggage at the pier and walk to the Iolani Palace where we hope to do a 9 AM tour. We were thinking of getting back to the pier, claiming our luggage and depart for the airport around noon. We would then like to check in and eat lunch at the airport. Is this doable?

Make reservations for your tour at the Iolani Palace. I have become a fan of the self-guided tours but both guided and self guided are good. If you wait to arrive at the Palace and hope to get your preferred time slot you may be disappointed. Your plan sounds great to me. If you get through TSA with enough time to have lunch in Terminal 3, The Local has good food and you may be able to get a table overlooking the gardens below. In Terminal 2 we like Stinger Ray's. It is easy walking inside the airport from terminal to terminal and the walk is nice when you have long flights. Cherie

It is definitely doable, but I would depart for the airport so that you are there by about 1pm or shortly thereafter. I fly annually to Oahu via Hawaiian Airlines. Most of the mainland flights on Hawaiian depart in early afternoon, so that terminal is pure chaos at that time of day.

Those are great photos. Did you go downstairs to the kitchen and other exhibits? I just love the history at the Iolani Palace. Cherie
No we were time crunched so we just made it to the first and second floor. I would love to go back.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S8 using Tapatalk

• 3 months later...