MSD on the Anthem of the Seas

When you select MSD on the Anthem are you assigned to the same dining room for the whole cruise?

Do you mean "My Time Dining", MTD?

There are two dining rooms used for MTD. One is for those with reservations, one for those without. But when one is full, they will send you to the other.

So in general, the answer is "yes, you are assigned to the same dining room for the whole cruise." But you may find yourself in the other one.

But the same food is served in all four dining rooms on the Anthem.

You mean MTD! There are 4 dining rooms on Anthem, all decorated differently (from when they tried Dynamic Dining) but all now serving the same menu.

MTD is allocated to American Icon or Silk.

Silk is very Asian in its decor, and I would imagine it would get rather tiring after a while (when you are not eating Asian food...) so I am sure you can also walk up to American Icon for a change of scenery!

Do you mean "My Time Dining", MTD?

There are two dining rooms used for MTD. One is for those with reservations, one for those without. But when one is full, they will send you to the other.

So in general, the answer is "yes, you are assigned to the same dining room for the whole cruise." But you may find yourself in the other one.

But the same food is served in all four dining rooms on the Anthem.

Sorry, by MSD I am asking about Main Seating Dining assignment, not MTD. Thank you.

Sorry, by MSD I am asking about Main Seating Dining assignment, not MTD. Thank you.

I am not sure what other lines you have been cruising on, but this is not a term used on Royal Caribbean ships. We just say traditional dining or fixed time dining.

Yes, if you have traditional, you are assigned a time and a table which never change. That is the point of traditional dining.

If you want "variety", you need My Time Dining.

I am not sure what other lines you have been cruising on, but this is not a term used on Royal Caribbean ships. We just say traditional dining or fixed time dining.

Yes, if you have traditional, you are assigned a time and a table which never change. That is the point of traditional dining.

If you want "variety", you need My Time Dining.

Oh Darlin, we sail only RCI, we are diamond members. I am part of the "WE". LOL!!! "Traditional" dining also comes in two seatings, Main Seating and Late Seating. Sorry my terminology is not up to par. Last time we were on the Anthem "Traditional" dining was called "dynamic dining".

Oh Darlin, we sail only RCI, we are diamond members. I am part of the "WE". LOL!!! "Traditional" dining also comes in two seatings, Main Seating and Late Seating. Sorry my terminology is not up to par. Last time we were on the Anthem "Traditional" dining was called "dynamic dining".

Dynamic Dining has been gone for 15 months.

Anthem is now operated like every other RC ship, with two fixed time seatings, main and late, and My Time Dining.

Fixed on Anthem is 5:30 and 8:15.

If you choose Main, it's 5:30, and you are assigned a table at that time, just like every other Royal Caribbean ship. Honey.

Traditional dining or your MSD is at the restaurants on the 3rd deck and are "Grande" & Chic". First seating begins at 5:30pm.

The other dining option is the "My Time Dining" and available at "American Icon" and "Silk" on the 4th deck.

Other dining options are of the Specialty variety for a fee. The other complementary restaurant is Solarium Café which at one time was for fee.

Traditional dining or your MSD is at the restaurants on the 3rd deck and are "Grande" & Chic". First seating begins at 5:30pm.

The other dining option is the "My Time Dining" and available at "American Icon" and "Silk" on the 4th deck.

Other dining options are of the Specialty variety for a fee. The other complementary restaurant is Solarium Café which at one time was for fee.

Thank you for replying. I thought that is how it worked now but just wanted to double check. Last dining experience on the Anthem was less than enjoyable to say the least. We are looking forward to a much better experience this time.

I think you're referring to My Time Dining. We just got off the Anthem this morning and had MTD. There are four main dining rooms, and two of them are for MTD, all decorated differently but serve the same thing. You can usually get a table in one of the seated dining rooms if you get there right at 6 pm.