Anthem Bahamas and Florida Questions

Chakita22

Hey everyone, There are a bunch of us going to be on The Anthem on March 17th and I was looking for some posts on peoples favourtite things to do Florida/ Bahama's stops . Disney and Universal seem to be to an hour away and we don't get there until 12pm and leave at 9:30 . So a few people have said it doesn't give us much time. Any input on that or has anyone done it?

Has anyone rented a car there? Any recommendations?

Cococay Favourite things to do?

Nassau Favourite things to do?

I understand everyone has different tastes but thought someone might mention something that may trigger an interest. :D

I'm sure there are posts on here with this info, but I have been looking and can't see where it would be. :confused:

Thanks everyone for your help , We really appreciate it :D

Disney/Universal isn't worth it for the time you'll have. Even after travel time, you need to figure about 30 mins more before you even get INTO the parks....it's an all-day thing. Best saved for a land-based vacation with multiple days to use the parks!

Coco Cay is the private island beach day....plenty to spend money on, but you can do the day there without spending money on anything....especially, if you have the drink package!

Google Nassau....there are plenty of things to do, if you've never been.

Hey everyone, There are a bunch of us going to be on The Anthem on March 17th and I was looking for some posts on peoples favourtite things to do Florida/ Bahama's stops . Disney and Universal seem to be to an hour away and we don't get there until 12pm and leave at 9:30 . So a few people have said it doesn't give us much time. Any input on that or has anyone done it?

Has anyone rented a car there? Any recommendations?

Cococay Favourite things to do?

Nassau Favourite things to do?

I understand everyone has different tastes but thought someone might mention something that may trigger an interest. :D

I'm sure there are posts on here with this info, but I have been looking and can't see where it would be. :confused:

Thanks everyone for your help , We really appreciate it :D

This is the main Royal Caribbean forum.

There are also Ports of Call boards:

Bahamas : https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=58

Private Islands, including CocoCay : https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=406

While we were at Port Canaveral in January, we rented a car. We rented from Enterprise and would very much recommend them. It was very easy. There is a shuttle which we took in the morning to pick the car up. We dropped the car after hours, so no shuttle back, but it is very close to Cruise Terminal 1, so we walked back to the ship. Was less than a 10 min. walk. If you are not at CT1, you will need the shuttle or a cab/Uber.

Following... we are leaving on March 31st. Debating Kennedy Space Center while in Orlando as we have already done previous trips to Disney and Universal.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We'll be on there too! Look for my ginger babies!

As a former Disney Castmember I agree with the crowd-it would be a total waste to do the Disney excursion. You would be getting a late start, wouldn’t leave you much time to enjoy the park you chose, and you’d have to leave before fireworks.

We’ve looked at this cruise before and we’ve always said we would take the Kennedy Space Center excursion if we take a cruise with an Orlando stop. Maybe check that out?

Was on anthem in nov. In florida we did the Air boat ride/jungle adventure , and loved it. Have been to disney many times. Wanted to go to universal, but didn't think ther would be enough time. My kids really liked the Jungle adventure park.

If you have any interest at all in the space program, I think the Kennedy Space Center is not to be missed. It’s simply awesome.

We are on Anthem right now, yesterday was our Cape Canaveral port call. Since we’d recently been to KSC and hadn’t been to Disney in a very long time, we opted for RCI’s bus to the Magic Kingdom. We had about 5.5 hours to spend there (not including the time to enter and later to get back to the bus). That may not sound like much, but frankly, we were pretty tired by the end, not sure how much more we would have done even without a bus to catch. If you opt for Disney, use your FastPass wisely! (I should also add that we are on the 8-day cruise, which has a full day in Port Canaveral. I would not opt for Disney on a cruise that does not arrive in PC until noon.)

There was a shuttle running to a nearby beach. Can't recall what it cost but wasn't terribly expensive, maybe $15 round trip a piece and might have been less. Plenty to see and do in the area from food and drink perspective. We enjoyed it.

One CoCoCay tip: Bring plenty of cash if you like to souvenir shop. Lot of trinkets and stuff but no credit cards accepted (which, was obvious in hindsight, but did not think of it at the time).

We are on the march 9th cruise but the last time we stopped in Port Canaveral we went to the Kennedy Space Center and loved it. I was really impressed and didn't think I would find it that fascinating. We took a cab so we could come back when we wanted. It was in January a few years ago during the polar vortex and we were freezing in our Northface jackets!

We have been to Nassau quite a few times. This time we are doing the day pass at the British Colonial Hilton. We love that you can walk there and are in sight of the ship. The little bar and food area by the pool was nice and everyone friendly. Not really a nice stretch of beach but the pool was nice and we will hope for Coco Cay for the beach day. Hope this helps some.

My family and I just got off the Anthem this morning. In Port Canaveral we just took an Uber to Cocoa Beach Pier and rented some beach chairs and umbrella and had lunch. We wanted something laid back and relaxing. In Coco Cay, we just got off the boat and laid around there too. In Nassau, we walked around the town and did some shopping, walked to Junkanoo Beach, rented chairs and umbrella from Tiki Bikini Hut, had some lunch and drinks there, and then walked back to the boat. We had our three year old with us, so we didn't want to do anything too involved or busy. Just wanted a relaxing beach vacation!

We did jet skis on our first trip to coco cay! It was wonderful. In Florida have gone to coco beach. they have busses available when you get off the ship. The will bring you to the beach and tell you where to go to take a bus back to the ship. In Nassau we usually walk around, maybe visit Junkaroo beach and always visit senior frogs. I have to get an order of their tableside guac!

• 1 month later...
My family and I just got off the Anthem this morning. In Port Canaveral we just took an Uber to Cocoa Beach Pier and rented some beach chairs and umbrella and had lunch. We wanted something laid back and relaxing. In Coco Cay, we just got off the boat and laid around there too. In Nassau, we walked around the town and did some shopping, walked to Junkanoo Beach, rented chairs and umbrella from Tiki Bikini Hut, had some lunch and drinks there, and then walked back to the boat. We had our three year old with us, so we didn't want to do anything too involved or busy. Just wanted a relaxing beach vacation!

How was Junkanoo Beach? Thinking of going there next week.

Sent from my iPad using Forums