Live from Azura to Norwegian Fjords

Deeliteful

Deeliteful,,,when you were in Olden can you remember about what time you left? I'm guessing around 5pm? We are looking at the new skylift thing and really want to do it if we have enough time after the glacier hike. My husband,,son,friends and their kids are all booked on the 9am briksdall glacier trip and really want to do it,,they are doing the full on hike not the troll car version:o I'm thinking we might have around 3 hours to go and do the skylift after they get back.

Deeliteful,,,when you were in Olden can you remember about what time you left? I'm guessing around 5pm? We are looking at the new skylift thing and really want to do it if we have enough time after the glacier hike. My husband,,son,friends and their kids are all booked on the 9am briksdall glacier trip and really want to do it,,they are doing the full on hike not the troll car version:o I'm thinking we might have around 3 hours to go and do the skylift after they get back.

usually leaves about 1700, you may be pushed for time to get to Loen go up ski lift and back to ship

• 9 months later...

Pat .

we are looking at this cruise for may 18. Looked good but i think you have put me off with the age comment. We are only in our early fifties so probably be the youngest on the ship ???

Is it full of elderly who are in bed by 10?? Your thoughts please . Thankyou

Decided to book Epicurean for the final night but we were very disappointed. Firstly the waitress put us off the wild boar saying it would be tough so we both chose steaks, medium rare, and they were tough as old boots. We sent them back and had duck which was good.

Desserts were ok but not amazing and same with starters (though my niece had the duck liver parfait and that was very good). The steak in the MDR was better.

No rough seas so arrived in Southampton refreshed and it was another lovely sunny day. Very impressed with disembarkation. Had breakfast, off the ship just after 08.30, luggage found immediately and CPC were fantastic. I was home by 2.30 (North Yorkshire) and that included dropping my niece off in Oxford and having a cup of coffee with her before I set off.

So my overall thoughts re P&O after 12 years -

impressed with the ship and staff as well as embarkation and disembarkation which were much smoother than before and much better than I expected (though I would still like to board earlier!)

Buffet was poor. Not great choices at although desserts were good and I enjoy the curries but Keema as an option?

The main dislike I had ...........

were the other passengers!

I have never met as many lift ditherers in all my cruises. Does it go up, or down! If I leave my finger on the button will the lift arrive faster, we'll go up even though we want to go down (or vice versa). :eek:

Mainly older Brits, as I knew it would be, I do prefer a more cosmopolitan crowd, and do they like to moan!

One couple asked if it was ok to join us at the Tamla evening, I said of course and then looked around to see lots of empty tables. Oh well we probably looked like fun! I asked how they were enjoying their cruise - wrong question!

They proceeded to whinge about everything and tell me how wonderful NCL were. We picked up our drinks, said goodnight and moved to another table - who needs that lol?

So overall a lovely cruise but I would look closer at the itinerary next time so it wasn't such an older crowd (I'm 66 so not because I'm ageist, honestly.)

Loved Glass House, Malibar and Planet Bar and enjoyed some lovely libations and good conversations.

Cheers

Pat

Pat .

we are looking at this cruise for may 18. Looked good but i think you have put me off with the age comment. We are only in our early fifties so probably be the youngest on the ship ???

Is it full of elderly who are in bed by 10?? Your thoughts please . Thankyou

We have been to the fjords 3 times ( May June and September ) and they all had a wide range of passengers and we did not come across many moaners. I would say that the majority of passengers on each of these cruises were 50s and 60s. We did not see many children but this may have been because we usually travel outside of school holidays.

The main dislike I had ...........

were the other passengers!

Pat

Ha - the biggest problem with any cruise is the other passengers! Generally you find they are great and over dinner you can swap amusing stories about previous cruises or where the next one is planned but if you get stuck with a moaner then it's downhill from there. We do our best to avoid these people and if we find ourselves at a dinner table with them then we always make our excuses and leave!

• 5 months later...

Just found this thread that I started last year and think I was a bit harsh about age groups! The lift ditherers were the worst but most passengers were great and the age range was pretty wide (I am now 67 and my niece 35!)

So Lady Brockett, I hope you did go in May and had a great cruise.

I am returning in 3 weeks as I loved the cruise and the ship. :-)

Cheers

Pat