Getting From LAX Terminal 4 to Terminal 5

Keith1010

Although I was at LAX last year it's been a few years since I had to get from Terminal 4 to Terminal 5 at LAX and I know they have been doing a lot of construction.

Two questions:

1. When arriving to Terminal 4 and then going to Terminal 5 is this walkable and if so how?

2. If not walkable do I take the bus between terminals and if so how do I do that?

As background time is on our side and preference is to walk but not if walking is a dumb idea. :)

Thanks,

Keith

1. When arriving to Terminal 4 and then going to Terminal 5 is this walkable and if so how?
If you want to (and can) stay airside, then there's a tunnel through which you can walk from T4 to T5. This would avoid you having to clear security again. I don't know whether the photos show its up-to-date appearance, but I found one of the blog explanations (dating back to June 2016) had some photos along with the text directions: http://milestomemories.boardingarea.com/lax-airside-connections-between-terminals/.

Be aware that some of the T5 gates are actually bus gates over to the American Eagle remote terminal. If on Eagle, you may want to be sure to have plenty of time.

For some reason I thought that was changing February 1. Maybe not. I'll keep an eye on it. Thanks.

Globaliser I wanted to thank you again for having shared the link to the writeup on how to get between the two terminals and to FlyerTalker for confirming that this is accurate other then the mention of Delta Airlines.

I thought the photos in addition to the narrative are a big help so I ended up printing them out.

I will be sure to post when we return or even from LAX how it all worked.

Thank you again.

Keith

We've done this a bunch and it's easy. Just last week, there was an airport employee at the top of the T4 escalator answering questions.

The blog cited above is still mostly current. The key thing to know is the escalators are near the end of the T4 pier -- near gate 44 as mentioned. The signage is better when you get to the bottom of the second escalator as I recall and the connector hallway is painted with pictures and aviation facts now.

• 5 weeks later...

Thank you all for all the advice you provided.

Just got back home last evening and it was very easy to navigate between the terminals at LAX.

Even better news that the flights were on time on the return both arriving to LAX and then departing a few hours later.

Keith