Drink Coupon Books

ocbaylady

I have to add that the rep I spoke to was extremely polite and helpful. She even double checked to see if the vouchers were per person or per cabin. They are per cabin but I purchased one for me and one for my husband. I also purchased them for my kids and they had to be assigned to each cabin.

I actually just called CS and inquired about the vouchers for my July sailing. The person I spoke with firmly indicated that msc no longer offered drink vouchers and hasn't for quite some time. When I mentioned that this wasn't the case since I had heard they were made available for some recent sailings he seemed quite 'bothered' and was borderline rude telling me this couldn't be the case. I asked to speak to his supervisor and then he actually did get rude and sarcastic with me. I'd hate to see how he would be if I actually was a angry or upset with something, I was just challenging his answer given recent information I obtained. ANYWAY. The supervisor was much better and she knew her stuff. She mentioned that while yes they have in general discontinued the voucher program, some exceptions have been made for certain recent sailings. The best thing to do is to keep checking the website and/or calling CS, especially as your sailing comes near (like a month prior to sailing). She said there is definitely a chance they could become available for a given sailing. It seems it is on a sailing by sailing basis at the moment. Tip: msc customer service is hit and miss in my experience, especially at level 1 rep. I recommend kindly escalating to a supervisor of you are not satisfied or have seen something on cruise critic or elsewhere that doesn't jive with what you're hearing from CS level 1 rep. The supervisor seems much more informed, and helpful.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by sirvegetables

I called and spoke to a rep about my upcoming sailing, she also mentioned that the coupon booklets were discontinued and they have a new drink package. I mentioned the forum and how others are getting the offer. Long story short...she's going to forward the information to her supervisor for further review and then respond to the e-mail I sent her. Been several hours....no response as of yet. We'll see if CS steps up and follows up with my inquiry.

I called and spoke to a rep about my upcoming sailing, she also mentioned that the coupon booklets were discontinued and they have a new drink package. I mentioned the forum and how others are getting the offer. Long story short...she's going to forward the information to her supervisor for further review and then respond to the e-mail I sent her. Been several hours....no response as of yet. We'll see if CS steps up and follows up with my inquiry.

Thanks, keep us posted if you get a response. Perhaps we'll finally get some clarity on this.

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry I missed your replies, I'm ten days late.

I just called as you suggested. I spoke with Ken, who was very nice. He told me that they were not available any longer and they received an email in house that says that even though they show up in their system, they are not to sell them. I told them that I heard from this forum that they had been sold recently. He wanted names or booking ID's to look them up. I told that I did not have them. He said perhaps yours will be refunded?!?! I asked to speak to a supervisor, who right away wanted to know who the agent was who sold them. At first she said they were not available in their system, which I corrected her because Ken had said they were available. She went on to say that even if he tried to sell them that their system would not let them go through. She also said that some people were able to see them online for some reason and they would honor those purchases.

So in the end, they are on the reps system but I'm still without an 18 drink package.:(

I called as well and was also told they are not available any less Niger ns will be be discountinued as well as the Fantastic plan on 2019. I told her that my booking was this April 2018. she asks that I screen shot the forum post that says they were awarded the 19/89 and she would talk to her supervisor. apparently there are some thAt are going through the some that appear to be but are not honored on the ship .Once again poor CS

A hopefully o will get some response this upcoming week

Not true! I just purchased them for our March 3 sailing. I had to call and ask for them. $89/18 drinks. WooHoo!

Read a comment that maybe our vouchers will not be honoured. You are going the week before I am, can you update once you are onboard please. Also, new post saying no more coffee vouchers. Thank you.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Forums mobile app

Our 12/23 sailing no longer has the coupon option for drink packages. Very odd because just 2 weeks ago when we booked that was an option. We bought the fantasica package so entitled to 12 vouchers each. We thought would buy one more 18 drink package to share between hubby and myself. I sure hope we can still do that when we get on the ship.

Anyone talk to a TA that specializes in MSC to see what the cruise lines intentions are with their drink package/programs?

I am surprised that they are not clarifying why they no longer available to purchase.:confused:;);p:cool:

I was told from a rep at MSC that the vouchers were discontinued....it is a shame..as i had sailed the MSC Divina and have coupons left over, that i was told i can use on my next cruise....i dont know whether it is just for the MSC Seaside, or both MSC Divina and MSC Seaside, but again was told that they dont use the vouchers or coupons for drinks anymore....What a bummer!!!!:(

I was told from a rep at MSC that the vouchers were discontinued....it is a shame..as i had sailed the MSC Divina and have coupons left over, that i was told i can use on my next cruise....i dont know whether it is just for the MSC Seaside, or both MSC Divina and MSC Seaside, but again was told that they dont use the vouchers or coupons for drinks anymore....What a bummer!!!!:(

Not quite true. They are using them onboard and will continue to use them through March of 2019 as people who pre-purchased could be sailing up until that date. Yes, they are discontinued for sale but not for use onboard. At least this is true for the Divina. I can't speak for Seaside.

Bret

Called them again today, and was told they are getting many phone calls. There is a memo from corporate, stating that the program has been discontinued.I also complain d about the cost of an inside cabin to an Fantastica experience compared to the higher cost to add it to my balcony. Interestly enough, I checked my acct. and we were upgraded to an Aruera cabin. I realize that we will not have the benefits , but the move is nice since we booked a Bella balcony.

Called them again today, and was told they are getting many phone calls. There is a memo from corporate, stating that the program has been discontinued.I also complain d about the cost of an inside cabin to an Fantastica experience compared to the higher cost to add it to my balcony. Interestly enough, I checked my acct. and we were upgraded to an Aruera cabin. I realize that we will not have the benefits , but the move is nice since we booked a Bella balcony.

Yup... I just got a email from MSC explaining their drink package offerings , excursions, etc for our March cruise...and no voucher/coupon options were shown

Have to say that this change is extremely disappointing. We used the vouchers last cruise (they had bottled water, bottles of wine in the MDR and cocktails ones that we purchased - was a Med cruise) and these were one of the reasons we've booked again with MSC. We only want one or two drinks per day (we maximize our port time) and so all the packages they offer cost way over what we'd spend so the vouchers suited us perfectly and probably meant that we had more drinks that what we'd usually have. Not sure if they think they will push more people into buying packages - will probably have the opposite effect on us and we'll end up drinking less.

Be interested to hear once the Med cruises start up for the season if there were any options for drinks beside the inclusive packages that were offered at check in (that is when we bought our vouchers last time).

• 2 weeks later...

Called MSC cruises today to purchase vouchers for Mar. 31 Seaside cruise...they are no longer available to purchase . I informed him of the comments on this forum and he insisted they are no longer available. I admit I am disappointed but will not let it ruin our trip..

Called MSC cruises today to purchase vouchers for Mar. 31 Seaside cruise...they are no longer available to purchase . I informed him of the comments on this forum and he insisted they are no longer available. I admit I am disappointed but will not let it ruin our trip..

I was told they only sell them on the ship now

I called yesterday

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Pukekolive - after a call to MSC and getting them to fix some of the log in problems I had, I've been able to get the coffee package, the soda package and there are wine/water packages but no cocktail packages that I can see.

Pukekolive - after a call to MSC and getting them to fix some of the log in problems I had, I've been able to get the coffee package, the soda package and there are wine/water packages but no cocktail packages that I can see.

You are right there are no cocktail packages on the Aust/ NZ website either

Sent from my SM-A320Y using Forums mobile app

• 4 weeks later...

I booked a cruise on the MSC Seaside for May 2019 a few months back. I booked the FANTASTICA experience because of the extra benefits it came with especially the 8 drink vouchers per person. I happened to just look at the website a few days ago and it now states that they will no longer offer the drink vouchers after 3/2019. I gave MSC a call and they told me they will not honor the offer they made when I originally booked my cruise. I am not happy. They do not care that we already booked our cruises and that was one of the many reasons we booked the package that we did. They kept telling me that they were sorry and that they had the right to cancel or change our contract at any time.:mad: They are not even required to notify us in writing of their change:mad:.

I am booked on the MSC SEASIDE for October 2019 with the Fantastica Experience as well with the vouchers and mealtime pavkage...so you s re saing they are not going to be homoring this deal after march of 2019? If this is the case...I will be calling up MSC tomorrow and cancelling my cruise out even if I am status matched....that is sneaky and cruel...

:mad: