Sunshine Island Tours

Caribbean_Dreamer37

I'm searching for a tour on Antigua, and this is one of the many tours I found online. Does anyone know anything about this tour company or has gone with them? He does go to the few locations I am interested in seeing.

Here's some info on them:

http://www.antiguanice.com/sunshine_island_beach_tours/gallery.html

http://www.sunshinetoursantigua.com/page.htm

• 3 weeks later...
I'm searching for a tour on Antigua, and this is one of the many tours I found online. Does anyone know anything about this tour company or has gone with them? He does go to the few locations I am interested in seeing.

Here's some info on them:

http://www.antiguanice.com/sunshine_island_beach_tours/gallery.html

http://www.sunshinetoursantigua.com/page.htm

We are also going to Antigua and have found Sunshine to be EXTREAMLY Affordable but have not seen any reviews. anyone???????:rolleyes:

Wow, It is a great price, and yes it does sound to good to be true- You going to try it? I'll have to think about it, this was the one island that we were just going to wing it, get a taxi and just go, but this sounds as if it would be alot cheaper.

Thank you for your help.

The only thing that sounded cheaper was to just take a cab to Dickerson's bay for the day but I always like a little island tour and his price sounds right. If no one writes a review prior to Feb 22 2009 I will write one when I return:D

Please do!!!! We will be there in April so I'd like to know how good this tour is.

Thanks in advance!!!!!

I've left 2 messages with Sunshine Tours and no response yet. Is this usual?

Mary, I am in the same boat as you. Sent numerous e-mails and even called the # on the website, which was not even theres. Due to all of this I think we will pass on this company, but would be curious to know if you ever hear from them.:confused:

Mary, I am in the same boat as you. Sent numerous e-mails and even called the # on the website, which was not even theres. Due to all of this I think we will pass on this company, but would be curious to know if you ever hear from them.:confused:

I agree. I think we will try someone else.

• 3 weeks later...

It did take a little while to get though to him but I always allow one week to hear back especially this time of the year. Some of these tour operators loose power on a regular basis.

biddy belle - Let me know how it is we are going in Febuary:D

• 2 weeks later...
Wow, It is a great price, and yes it does sound to good to be true- You going to try it? I'll have to think about it, this was the one island that we were just going to wing it, get a taxi and just go, but this sounds as if it would be alot cheaper.

After much research, we decided on using Scenic Tours.

• 2 weeks later...
LuvofTravel,

I see you are leaving soon. Please report back on Scenic Tours as I have e-mailed them over a week ago and no reponse.

When I was first looking for an Antigua tour, I emailed them too, and didn't get a response in within 5-7days. I then emailed them back, letting them know that I would be looking for a tour elsewhere. Within a day, someone responded, telling me they didn't have internet access, due to being off the island (so they weren't able to access their email, supposedly). After talking with the guy, I went ahead and booked it; I didn't find any other companies that interest me.

I'll let you know how the tour is. :)

Edited by LuvOfTravel

• 2 weeks later...

We used Sunshine Tours last Feb. And it was the best. The owner is very good and takes you everywhere. I had left my swimsuit and snorkel gear on the van and he came all the way back to the port to bring it to me. I highly recommend him. He is very busy man so be but he will get back to you. He does not have a computer at home as of yet so has to go into the city to use one. It is well worth the wait.

We used Sunshine Tours last Feb. And it was the best. The owner is very good and takes you everywhere. I had left my swimsuit and snorkel gear on the van and he came all the way back to the port to bring it to me. I highly recommend him. He is very busy man so be but he will get back to you. He does not have a computer at home as of yet so has to go into the city to use one. It is well worth the wait.

Was he prompt in meeting you? What time did he meet you?

LuvofTravel,

I see you are leaving soon. Please report back on Scenic Tours as I have e-mailed them over a week ago and no reponse.

I just returned home from San Juan today, and here's my review of 'Scenic Tours'. I was scheduled to have a 'private tour' for just my BF and I, but when we got to the port and met up with the guy I had been corresponding with via email, he walked me over to a driver who was going to wait to see if he could get more people, and asked if we were okay with it. I was okay with it, since I decided I didn't feel like spending that much money afterall (on a private tour), so we waited until he had about 20 other cruise passengers for the tour. Instead of us paying $150 for the 'private tour', we were okay with paying a total of $40 ($20 apiece) to tour with others. The driver, "Charles In Charge", took us on tour on an open-air vehicle around the island, giving us a little history of a few places, before getting us to the English Harbor and Nelson's Dockyard. He then took us up to Shirley Heights, and to another lookout point nearby.

Since my BF and I were the only two on tour, wanting to go to a beach, he asked if he were okay with riding with another driver who had others going to the beach, and we were okay with it. We were in a clean air conditioned van, and the driver took us to beautiful Darkwood Beach, and we stayed there for 2 hours. He got us back to the dock in enough time to get to our ships, and we payed him $20 for the ride. Overall, it was a decent tour, for the low cost we payed.

Edited by LuvOfTravel

Waiting with Bated Breath for the review :cool:

I just returned home from San Juan today, and here's my review of 'Scenic Tours'. I was scheduled to have a 'private tour' for just my BF and I, but when we got to the port and met up with the guy I had been corresponding with via email, he walked me over to a driver who was going to wait to see if he could get more people, and asked if we were okay with it. I was okay with it, since I decided I didn't feel like spending that much money afterall (on a private tour), so we waited until he had about 20 other cruise passengers for the tour. Instead of us paying $150 for the 'private tour', we were okay with paying a total of $40 ($20 apiece) to tour with others. The driver, "Charles In Charge", took us on tour on an open-air vehicle around the island, giving us a little history of a few places, before getting us to the English Harbor and Nelson's Dockyard. He then took us up to Shirley Heights, and to another lookout point nearby.

Since my BF and I were the only two on tour, wanting to go to a beach, he asked if he were okay with riding with another driver who had others going to the beach, and we were okay with it. We were in a clean air conditioned van, and the driver took us to beautiful Darkwood Beach, and we stayed there for 2 hours. He got us back to the dock in enough time to get to our ships, and we payed him $20 for the ride. Overall, it was a decent tour, for the low cost we payed.

Edited by LuvOfTravel

• 1 year later...

We toured with Sunshine and He was well known and easy to find once we got off the boat. He was prompt and very nice. He took us all over the island for an extreamly good tour. He then droped us off at the beach!!! Which was the best part of the day because If you ever taken the sunny liston tour in St Thomas, who was at the bar, but the guys who sing the Sunday Monday Tuesday song. He came back in a few hours again promptly and took us back to the boat. EXTREMELY GOOD TOUR AND GREAT VALUE!!!!

He is hard to get in contact with but I will say saving the $40 over the other guys TOTALLY WORTH IT!!!!

• 7 years later...