Any advice

Moscowlad

Hi

My sister booked a cabin on QM2 for her August 2018 trip to Norway in and out of Southampton on Saturday, 17th through a travel agent, for three. She was sold an inside with the bunk bed. This was fine, but she was told today that she can’t have a double bed, only two singles with the ladder between them. This is a thing for my sister and decided to cancel or transfer the booking to Victoria’s trip up to the fjords later in the month. But she has been told that either way she can’t have her deposit back which is £500.

Does anyone have any suggestions or ideas?

Cancellation penalties depend on which country the cruise was booked. Was it the UK where deposits are none refundable? Was it in the PRC where we here know very little of the consumer protection laws there?

You sister should work this out with the travel agent who booked her into a three bunk inside room. If a double bed was so important that not having one is a deal breaker how is it that she booked in a three bunker? She had no idea there were three bunks? The TA should have explained the cabin arrangement. She told the TA to get the lowest price? If that was the case then the TA did just that because a cabin with a double bed and a third person in a sofa bed will cost more.

I think your sister's argument is with her TA. Anyone spending this amount of money needs to ask exactly what they are being sold. If she just said "get me a good price on the QM2 Norway sailing" with no further questions or specifics she cannot expect to be able to change her mind.

Never seen a Double bunk bed on any Cunard ship. Upgrade the cabin to at least save the money already spent as she will not get her money back

Sounds like a cabin with twins that can not convert to king .

I wonder what cabin that is ?

TA should have alerted her for sure even if she asked for the cheapest cabin remaining.

Never seen a Double bunk bed on any Cunard ship. Upgrade the cabin to at least save the money already spent as she will not get her money back

On QM2 three and four bunk insides look like this. The lower bunks are made by folding down the sofa backs.

cunard_4berth.jpeg

I think I'm right in saying that the only way you can have a double bed plus a third bed in the cabin is to have a balcony. Seems to me that someone has made a mistake when they booked, either the agent or the OP.

Not sure what the answer is, but it does seem a little drastic to cancel. I'm wondering what else is going on here.