How formal is Seaside formal night?

rhiannon35

We've never cruised MSC before, so I'm wondering how formal the formal night is, as I have a very nice black sequined dress I hardly ever get to wear. I've seen women dress to the nines on RC formal nights, but NCL and Carnival are far less formal, and I think the dress would be too much.

So, where does MSC lie on the spectrum? I'd really like to get that dress out of the closet!

We've never cruised MSC before, so I'm wondering how formal the formal night is, as I have a very nice black sequined dress I hardly ever get to wear. I've seen women dress to the nines on RC formal nights, but NCL and Carnival are far less formal, and I think the dress would be too much.

So, where does MSC lie on the spectrum? I'd really like to get that dress out of the closet!

People were dressed across the spectrum on formal night. I would say though that more people were dressed up than not. There were quite a number of ladies really really dressed up in long gowns of velvet and sequins etc. I say wear the dress for sure!!

On our Divina sailing in Sept and our Jan sailing on the Seaside most men wore suits/ties with some in tuxes, women in gowns and cocktail dresses. On the non formal nights most men in button down shirts and women in long/short sun dresses.

Go for it, you will not be to dressy, and mom always taught me --better to be over dressed than not dressed correctly.

Safe sailing

Sent from my SM-N950U using Forums mobile app

It will be more formal than other lines but you don't have to be formal.