Favorite place to visit in San Juan / old town San Juan? Thanks!

Taishartrueblood

Not my favorite, but a cool shop in Old San Juan that I would suggest visiting. It’s called Ole Curiosidades. You can get a custom fitted hat that you can customize with ribbon of your choice. They have men’s fedora type hats and ladies sun hats. They’re pricey (around $100), but it’s fun to just look around too, if you don’t want to buy.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We will only be there a day but I am curious as to people's favorite places to go. I am really looking more at cultural and fun places instead of restaurants.

Thanks for any suggestions!

Do you have 15-20 for a quick read and look through pictures?

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=50911647&highlight=tour+San+Juan+for+a+full+day#post50911647

Barrachina - great food, beautiful courtyard and the birthplace of the pinacolada (so they say).

I concur.

We spent a few days in OSJ last year before our cruise on Adventure OTS. Loved it. San Christobal fort is a nice historical tour. A stroll on Calle Fortaleza is fun. Several tourist trap shops but also some nice locals shops. There is a very cool mom and pop linen shop there. Barrachina is on the street too.

If you like craft beer, please visit Taverna Lupula on San Sebastian. the owners bought it about one year before the hurricane. We will be going back to check on them on our March Harmony cruise.An get the best craft beer selection in Old San Juan!

This changed my whole plan for San Juan. I was perfectly happy to just wander around to the forts and do whatever came my way, but now I MUST get that grilled cheese! Thank you!

We spent 4 days in San Juan last summer, we went to the fort 1 day, and the chocobar 4 days [emoji4]. It was worth it [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums