BEWARE-CABINS 6290-6300 on Quantum of the Seas

To anyone who has/or will book in Stateroom 6290 to 6300, please beware. We just got off the Quantum this past Saturday (1/3/15) for a 7 night sailing. VERY dissapointed in our room selection. The room was OK, even with the obstructed view of the life boats, but the disturbing part was the noise from BELOW. Jamies's kitchen (dining) was right below and ALL night from when the closed, which was about 11:00, they would clean the kitchen. You could hear alot of banging and the dishwasher sounds all through the night. This was in cabin 6294. In our cabin 6290 there is a PULPER machine that chews up OLD food and sends it out to sea. This pulper unit (about a 3' pipe) goes right up from their kitchen past our room and out. It sounds like a 100 toilets flushing at once. or like a freight train. It only lasts about 5 seconds, but at 1:00-7:00 A.M. EVERY SINGLE night, It startles the crap out of you. We complained almost every day. I finally had to do my own investigating to FIND the problem. I finally found after walking down there at 1:30 A.M. on Wednesday morning and asked a cleaning worker to turn it on and send some food out, which he did. FOUND IT..... I do not tell you this to complain, just to let you know that the room selection is key and don't want you to be disapointed. We told them to only do it between 8:00 A.M. and 11:00 P.M. The noise still happened in cabin 6294 (banging dishes, dishwasher, etc) but in cabin 6290, it continued throughout the whole cruise. Talk to Charlie (housekeeping supervisor) if it continues. He is the only one that knows how to resolve it.

If I were to book again, I would stay away from cabins 6290-6300 all together.

Email me if you have any other questions. robertbrown1122@gmail.com Other than that, The Quantum is pretty awesome....

We saw your ship in Nassau. I was on the Disney Dream. Would love to sail the Quantum but dont think it will happen before it goes to China. I heard you guys got into Nassau late. Was this correct?

Edited by js

You may as well add 6284 and the adjacent cabins to that. Thats where our group stayed. Did that noise sound like a heavy metal cart being rolled across the floor?:) Just one of several weird noises for us.

Suffered with it for 3 nights till we got to PR where we were able to buy some earplugs at the CVS. Wore them every night after that.

We spoke to people staying in various parts of the ship (as high as deck 10) who also complained of room noise. Having never had this issue on any other ship we've sailed on I suspect it's something in the design or they left out the sound insulation.

Jimmers, If you notice on Deck 5 you were right above Jamie's kitchen which is the culprit. I do not know whether they forgot the floor insulation or not, But it can be heard. Anything above Jamie's is a problem.

Thanks for helping let people know before they spend the money for a room that they need earplugs.... :)

Don't be so negative :D

nah just avoid deck 6 :D

Exactly what we did, we'll be on Anthem (hopefully with many of the little bugs already worked out) :D

I am an optomist, but also a realist. I will avoid deck 6 and follow the Dave85 plan. I can't wait for Anthem.:D

• 2 months later...

We stayed in 9192….early morning hours around 1 AM I would hear a whooshing sound (the sound the toilet makes when flushing). At first I thought it was our neighbors toilet but the sound appeared every 5-10 minutes, it drove me nuts.

This cabin is directly across from the crews hallway/elevator. One night/morning it was really bad I heard what sounded like rain and the sound of a cart being pushed over a bumpy surface with the whooshing sound in between. It sounded like it was coming from the hall end of the cabin. These were not sounds that you heard once and then went away, it was sounds that lasted for hours.

If I fell asleep before the noise started I was fine, but if I was just coming in at that time and trying to go to sleep the noise keep startling me.

Planning on sailing on the Anthem but I would be picking a different cabin location.

Except for the cabin noises in the wee hours of the morning I loved the ship.

Edited by starfish216

• 1 year later...
  • 11 months later...
To anyone who has/or will book in Stateroom 6290 to 6300, please beware. We just got off the Quantum this past Saturday (1/3/15) for a 7 night sailing. VERY dissapointed in our room selection. The room was OK, even with the obstructed view of the life boats, but the disturbing part was the noise from BELOW. Jamies's kitchen (dining) was right below and ALL night from when the closed, which was about 11:00, they would clean the kitchen. You could hear alot of banging and the dishwasher sounds all through the night. This was in cabin 6294. In our cabin 6290 there is a PULPER machine that chews up OLD food and sends it out to sea. This pulper unit (about a 3' pipe) goes right up from their kitchen past our room and out. It sounds like a 100 toilets flushing at once. or like a freight train. It only lasts about 5 seconds, but at 1:00-7:00 A.M. EVERY SINGLE night, It startles the crap out of you. We complained almost every day. I finally had to do my own investigating to FIND the problem. I finally found after walking down there at 1:30 A.M. on Wednesday morning and asked a cleaning worker to turn it on and send some food out, which he did. FOUND IT..... I do not tell you this to complain, just to let you know that the room selection is key and don't want you to be disapointed. We told them to only do it between 8:00 A.M. and 11:00 P.M. The noise still happened in cabin 6294 (banging dishes, dishwasher, etc) but in cabin 6290, it continued throughout the whole cruise. Talk to Charlie (housekeeping supervisor) if it continues. He is the only one that knows how to resolve it.

If I were to book again, I would stay away from cabins 6290-6300 all together.

Email me if you have any other questions. robertbrown1122@gmail.com Other than that, The Quantum is pretty awesome....

Thanks for the warning/ information.:D