12:30 flight? Is it doable?

maja651

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I want to know too. I'm getting a bit nervous for my cruise in April and I'm taking off at 11:52. I didn't realize we pull into port at 8am....I thought it was 6am. [emoji848]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I went ahead and booked a 12:25 flight out of NOLA for March 26th. I will be sure to let you know if we make it. Fingers crossed.

• 10 months later...

Following we have a 12:30 flight back home March 31. We are booked with RCCL transfer. I figured that would be safer but, not sure because we have never cruised out of Galveston. What about fog that time of year?

I don't want to scare any of you, but we just got off the Carnival Fantasy in Mobile and due to fog, they closed the port and we didn't get into port at the scheduled time. I think it was around 10:30am before they started letting people off. Some were very upset because they were missing their early flights. The same thing happened to friends of ours in NOLA a few weeks ago. Weather can be unpredictable in the Gulf, so just keep that in mind if you haven't booked your flights already. My advice would be to carry your bags off with you in the morning if that's an option. We had FTTF with Carnival, so we were able to get off the ship pretty quick. 

Have fun!!