Maybe at first we need to eat light

Water and exercise is a good way to start to lose weight too

Putting all this together will help us lose a pound or two

So today is our starting weight for 2018 which is good

So let's give each other idea's/tips for everything plus food

Keep coming in on Thursday plus other days will help you know

Keeps us aware each day and can help us when we need to say no

Hope to see your smiling faces in here (ok your typing) each week

Will help us lose the weight we seek (y)

Hi Everyone,

Belle, thanks for the words of encouragement. Helps to have others to get through the holidays without eating everything in sight.

I lost 1 lb. this week. I'm not sure where I started for our Thanksgiving-New Year's challenge but I think I ended up losing.

I am close to being below a certain number. I will try to get there before my cruise in 2 weeks.

Hope everyone did well.

Diana

Hi!! May I join you all? My name is Jenn... we cruise in 100 days! I started losing weight last January and down 50 pounds.... was down 63 but been gaining since Thanksgiving... took a refresh for the new year!! My weight this week is 203.8

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Welcome Jenn, absolutely join in! Every Thursday Belle starts a new thread and we try to chime in with wins, losses, etc.

Me, no clue how but managed to drop 1 to 206 this morning. Pulled up some old pics, in 2016 I was 185ish and looking way better than now, so using that to stay on track.

Picked up a ham for the slow cooker and been eating that along with the salads, V8, and apples. Sometimes I chop it up fine and stir it into some jalapeno hummus for a treat.

Dog walking and leaf raking suffices for exercise away from work. Still mid 70's - ridiculous how great every day is so staying out as much as possible.

Thanks for a great start to the new year Belle. Water, tea, and coffee are my only beverages for a while - beer just isn't worth the calories in my current condition lol.

Welcome Jenn. I'm new here myself but don't cruise until December. My goal is to lose a bit and then stay there (hopefully forever).

Belle, Diana and Shootr- All good starts to the new year.

I'm down 2 pounds but I seem to have caught a nasty stomach bug. The lengths I'll go to jump start weight loss !

Monique

Hi I'm hoping to join everyone. I cruised over the holidays with my family. I have a weekend cruise in September and I want my weight to be much different! I felt that with January 1 bring a Monday, it was a sign to start fresh for 2018.

Hi everyone I'm back. Rough couple weeks. Big car trouble (it's been so cold the last couple weeks my car wouldn't start many days) so therefore I ate. Whatever, it's done now.

I haven't weighed in for 2 or 3 weeks. But I'm back so that's good.

I'm still down but not as down as I had hoped. I'm now down 15/93 (current weight 238).

Way to go others that posted!!!

And welcome to newcomers. We're all in this together ;-)

Sent from my SM-N920W8 using Forums mobile app

Hey guys. All this activity is wonderful. Great to see the newcomers and of course the regulars as well. Hope everyone sticks around.

Somehow I'm down 2 this week. Not sure how that happened but I won't complain.

Have a great Friday everyone.

Mike

Wow! Sounds like everyone is down this week! I hope to say the same next week!!! Keep it up! I also am stuck in by the cold (-25) tomorrow... so been working out at home. I aim to get 10,000 steps a day. I am a stay at home mom, home day care provider... so do lots of dancing and chasing to get most of my steps in! :)

Hello Everyone!

Welcome Jenn and Panda, Welcome back Lizette and of course

Welcome the regulars Diana, shootr, Mike and the newest Monique.

Should be hearing from Rose and Jo soon. Hope others too.

Sounds like everyone had a good week. Lost and made it

though the Holidays. Good Job!

I didn't do as well, stayed the same, Now a new start.

I know we all live in different states and the weather is really cold

Some more than others but if not use to it, it's cold for you even if warmer

than other states. Know that makes exercise hard. So congrats on what

you do to get any exercise in.

Eating seems like should be easier then exercising but then we want

comfort food. What are you eating? What choices are you making?

I made a big batch of veggie soup. So healthier and warm in this weather.

Made enough to eat a few days and froze some of it in two containers,

so have some later when don't want to cook and don't eat something I

shouldn't.

See shootr does that too. Cooking ahead I think is something that

is good for us. To have food ready. Try to always have salad makings in fridge.

Now what are your tips that you use that will help us?

Hi all!

Belle ~ thanks for the words of wisdom & encouragement! Always nice to have some soup in the freezer to take the chill off.

Welcome to the new posters! The more the merrier except when talking about pounds!;)

I had the usual thing happen yesterday was up 0.6 but today would have been the same as last week so I'm calling it the same, lol.

I know one of my problems is snacking & sometimes the calorie count for after supper is more than either breakfast or lunch!

When will I learn to give up the yummy treats?!!

Anyhow, good job to the rest of you. Have a nice weekend.

~ Jo ~ -:)

Welcome to all our new posters. Good luck with your weight loss goals.

I am down 1 lb this week but up from the start of the holiday challenge. I am 11.6 lbs away from my final goal weight. I leave for my cruise March 31 so I hope that I will have attained my final goal weight.

Congrats to all the losers.

Rose

Jo and Rose knew you would come in. Congrats no gains.

A loss and a stay the same. Weigh to go!

shootr if they ever find something that works, then they say

available in 15 years. But we know there's no...........

Magic pill.:( Even though we all want one.

Everyone have a good weekend. Try to stay warm, dry and

out of the wind, snow and rain. Whatever your getting.

So far so good this weekend. Went to the gem and mineral show this morning and picked a blind geode to take home and crack.

Then to the yearly dog agility trials. Picnic'd with Jimmy John's - they offer sandwiches wrapped in lettuce leaves instead of a bun. Switch out the mayo for mustard, add sprouts - and the turkey sammich wasn't bad at all.

(Camera phone pics, not my best effort...)

Now some lounging and football. Have a great weekend all! 6dd08ee736fb22f8a195768b01dee5ae.jpg8c25529ade491399dd2e9e63d42a8daa.jpg18481bcfb680757c59f24ecbef83e305.jpg

shootr you seem to keep busy on the weekend. How nice.

I was so lazy today but have to go out tomorrow, been putting

it off. Things to do. Been cold here in Ca., not compared with

other places but cold to me. Didn't want to go out.

How's everyone else. A busy weekend or a lazy one or half and half

like me.

What is everyone's weather like? How are you coping? Does the

cold weather make you want to eat comfort food? Harder to drink water?

Shootr- My partner is a geologist and has a very large mineral collection. It all looks like rocks to me, some shinier than others.

So far so good this weekend. Went to the gem and mineral show this morning and picked a blind geode to take home and crack.

Then to the yearly dog agility trials. Picnic'd with Jimmy John's - they offer sandwiches wrapped in lettuce leaves instead of a bun. Switch out the mayo for mustard, add sprouts - and the turkey sammich wasn't bad at all.

(Camera phone pics, not my best effort...)

Now some lounging and football. Have a great weekend all! 6dd08ee736fb22f8a195768b01dee5ae.jpg8c25529ade491399dd2e9e63d42a8daa.jpg18481bcfb680757c59f24ecbef83e305.jpg

I went to WW this morning. It's the first meeting since December 13th. I'm happy to say I was only up 0.2 since then. My WW centre closed down so I had to find a new Saturday meeting. The one I went to today starts at 8:30 which is a bit too early for my taste but the leader was great! I'm absolutely going to get out of bed for her. I haven't been very impressed with the last few leaders I've had so it's really nice to finally meet one that seems personable, relate-able, funny, thoughtful, and more.

After WW I went to Costco with a friend. She's recently joined WW and is very enthusiastic about it and already lost 4 pounds in less than a week. She needed some point friendly foods and Costco is good for some tasty ones. I enjoy the occasional Costco run and am particularly happy when I get out of there without breaking the bank. Today was a success.

The remainder of my day was spent trying to get my 18 year old son ready to go back to university after his Christmas break. It's like herding cats unfortunately. There was laundry to do, and long johns, gloves, and a balaclava to pick up (he's heading back to Montreal to -21 Celsius and didn't even bring a coat) and finally a suitcase to pack. He leaves in the morning and I won't see him for 4 months.

I have a job interview on Tuesday so I spent a little time preparing. Please send all your positive vibes my way Tuesday afternoon (PST, lol)!!

I'm now waiting for my partner to arrive back from Berlin but his flight has been delayed so it looks like he'll be home around 3:30am. Thankfully, he's offered to hop in a taxi because I don't think I can stay awake until then.

I hope everyone has a restful, healthy Sunday.

Monique

Monique positive thoughts and good wishes on your job interview.

Hope your partner makes it home on time even if early morning.

Bet you'll bet glad to have him home.

So funny your son came home without a coat. It had to be cold when

he left and knew he had to go back. Nice your getting him all the extra warm clothes.

Wishing him a good flight back.

Sounds like you did good for WW during Christmas. Glad your friend is doing good too.

Nice you have someone to do it with.

Shootr- My partner is a geologist and has a very large mineral collection. It all looks like rocks to me, some shinier than others.
Lol, me too. I don't have a collection per se, but walking the shows is fun and sometimes there's some amazing specimens.

I feel your pain with college kids, just got back taking my son for his second semester. I'm truly blessed that he's pretty organized and super focused (going to med school!) so low maintenance.

Except he was he!! bent on getting a scooter so he can get a lab job further from campus (better pay and hours) - so this was a hoot loading and unloading.

Had a chicken quesedilla for lunch, but then walked a couple miles around campus just to get a final visit in and work a few calories before 2 hr ride home.

Some lean ham for dinner and I should be able to stay on budget.

Hope everyone else is doing well, see ya!

PS - good luck with the job - hope things go your way. Safe travels to your loved ones too.

63134e24c0325ccef06ddffcd5b97bcd.jpg9010294888519e9072277798f2c2037d.jpg

Welcome to the newcomers. Good to have you.

Monique, good luck at your interview.

I'm always "trying" to eat healthy. Today not too bad but went out for a sandwich for lunch. Hubby made a pho soup for dinner. That was good. Like you Belle, we're cold too so a nice soup with lots of veggies warms the soul.

Diana

I am thrilled to report I was down an amazing 6.8 pounds this week. Now I know that is in part because it was right after the holidays and I was at home so was able to easily prepare food and didn't have a lot of temptations. And I know this won't continue. But I'm going to enjoy it.

I made some wonderful egg muffin omelettes with tomato and caramelized onion for breakfast that were wonderful. I flash froze them and have been enjoying them each morning. I also made an awesome lentil salad for lunches.

I joined a gym and went twice. And I packed my clothes so I could go after work today. I know if I go home fort I won't go out again.

Here's to everyone having a great week!

Hello Everyone

Hope everyone had a good weekend..food wise and fun wise.

Food prep is the best thing to do.

Seems like soup was a good option for some of us.

Diana nice you didn't have to make yours. Lucky you!

Panda good loss and on eating and exercising. You'll have a good

loss on Thursdays weigh-in.

Enjoy your week all and keep warm and dry.

Buffalo flavored pretzels - they need to be outlawed... At least put in 1oz bags only... And locked up like tobacco products... Ugh... 300 carbs yesterday - WEAK!!! AAAAAGGGGGHHHHH!

(I'm gonna go have some coffee...)

I feel your pain shootr. I totally blew it yesterday. My problem is that it’s all or nothing. To compound it, I took a break yesterday from exercise. I’ll buckle down today and tomorrow, but I imagine any chance for a loss this week is out the window.

Have a good day guys.

Mike