Accessible Barcelona Hotels

Lady Jane

We lucked out once and found a room at Hotel Catalonia Barcelona Plaza; at a fraction of the normal cost. Very nice hotel at an ideal location. It is located just off Plaza Espanya. We took the city bus right to the port. Also, Magic Fountain of Montjuïc is very close to the hotel. An ideal place to spend an evening. Check schedule on internet.

The local buses are accessible and most of the metro station/lines. Also, the Funicular at Carrer Nou de la Rambla and Paral·lel is accessible. On the top of the hill, you can see the castle and wander through the various gardens plus see other sights going down the hill toward the hotel. It is about two miles (all down hill) to the hotel from the castle.

If you would like to see one of their more ornate buildings, I'd suggest a tour of Palau de la Musica Catalana. Definitely worth a visit.

Now if you are interested in something more casual, we have stayed at HelloBCN a number of times. However their house-keeping went down hill, so we a stayed couple other places after that. To my knowledge, they cleaned up things. A small scooter will easily fit in the elevator and they have very small private rooms. It is a hostel.

I'd suggest that you take the metro or city buses. Go on line and look up their options. Double check the accessible metro stations. I was told all were up-graded, but did not use the metro on our last couple trips.

Have a wonderful cruise,

Betty

We lucked out once and found a room at Hotel Catalonia Barcelona Plaza; at a fraction of the normal cost. Very nice hotel at an ideal location. It is located just off Plaza Espanya. We took the city bus right to the port. Also, Magic Fountain of Montjuïc is very close to the hotel. An ideal place to spend an evening. Check schedule on internet.

The local buses are accessible and most of the metro station/lines. Also, the Funicular at Carrer Nou de la Rambla and Paral·lel is accessible. On the top of the hill, you can see the castle and wander through the various gardens plus see other sights going down the hill toward the hotel. It is about two miles (all down hill) to the hotel from the castle.

If you would like to see one of their more ornate buildings, I'd suggest a tour of Palau de la Musica Catalana. Definitely worth a visit.

Now if you are interested in something more casual, we have stayed at HelloBCN a number of times. However their house-keeping went down hill, so we a stayed couple other places after that. To my knowledge, they cleaned up things. A small scooter will easily fit in the elevator and they have very small private rooms. It is a hostel.

I'd suggest that you take the metro or city buses. Go on line and look up their options. Double check the accessible metro stations. I was told all were up-graded, but did not use the metro on our last couple trips.

Have a wonderful cruise,

Betty

Thanks for all the info!

We will be spending a few days before and after our cruise in September, 2018, in Barcelona. My husband uses a scooter and rollator. Looking for recommendations for a good accessible Barcelona hotel near La Rambla.

We are also going to be in Barcelona on a cruise in Sept 2018. My husband uses a scooter and a transport chair. The scooter is rented on the ship and the transport chair is his so he will have the transport chair to get around with pre-cruise, with me pushing it. I was very overwhelmed with all the hotels and did extensive research last fall for accessible hotels (not all are right on La Rambla) and although I have no first hand knowledge of these hotels other than the on-line reviews, I came up with a list which might help. I also looked for high (like 100) walk scores (although he will not be walking) because it means there are lots of restaurants, bars, etc, within very close proximity.

Majestic Hotel, Passeig de Gracia 68-70

Hotel 1898, LaRambla 109

Hotel Indigo, Gran Via de les Corts Catalanes 629

Hotel Barcelona Universal, Av del Parallel 76-78 (10 minutes from La Rambla)

Hotel Continental Barcelona, La Rambla 138 (all inclusive)

Renaissance Barcelona Hotel, Pau Claris 122

Atrium Palace Grand Via de les Corts 656

Silken Diagonal Barcelona, Avenida Diagonal 205 (just off La Rambla)

Hotel Picasso, Passeig de Picasso 26-30

Hilton Barcelona, Avenida Diagonal 589-591

Le Meridian (next to Hotel 1898; not sure if has steps to front desk)

SEHRS Rivoli Rambla, La Rambla 128

Europark, Arago 325

Hotel Curious, Carrer del Carme 25 (1 block to La Rambla)

H10 Art Gallery, Enric Granados 62-64

Silken Ramblas, Pintor Fortuny 13 (just off La Rambla)

H10 Montcada, Via Laietana 24 (Gothic Q)

El Avenida Palace, Gran Via de les Catalanes 605

Hotel NH Collection Gran Hotel Calderon, Rambla Cataluyna 26

Here is another source that has a list of hotels: http://www.barcelona-access.com/

We are also going to be in Barcelona on a cruise in Sept 2018. My husband uses a scooter and a transport chair. The scooter is rented on the ship and the transport chair is his so he will have the transport chair to get around with pre-cruise, with me pushing it. I was very overwhelmed with all the hotels and did extensive research last fall for accessible hotels (not all are right on La Rambla) and although I have no first hand knowledge of these hotels other than the on-line reviews, I came up with a list which might help. I also looked for high (like 100) walk scores (although he will not be walking) because it means there are lots of restaurants, bars, etc, within very close proximity.

Majestic Hotel, Passeig de Gracia 68-70

Hotel 1898, LaRambla 109

Hotel Indigo, Gran Via de les Corts Catalanes 629

Hotel Barcelona Universal, Av del Parallel 76-78 (10 minutes from La Rambla)

Hotel Continental Barcelona, La Rambla 138 (all inclusive)

Renaissance Barcelona Hotel, Pau Claris 122

Atrium Palace Grand Via de les Corts 656

Silken Diagonal Barcelona, Avenida Diagonal 205 (just off La Rambla)

Hotel Picasso, Passeig de Picasso 26-30

Hilton Barcelona, Avenida Diagonal 589-591

Le Meridian (next to Hotel 1898; not sure if has steps to front desk)

SEHRS Rivoli Rambla, La Rambla 128

Europark, Arago 325

Hotel Curious, Carrer del Carme 25 (1 block to La Rambla)

H10 Art Gallery, Enric Granados 62-64

Silken Ramblas, Pintor Fortuny 13 (just off La Rambla)

H10 Montcada, Via Laietana 24 (Gothic Q)

El Avenida Palace, Gran Via de les Catalanes 605

Hotel NH Collection Gran Hotel Calderon, Rambla Cataluyna 26

Here is another source that has a list of hotels: http://www.barcelona-access.com/

I've been to that site, and have looked at dozens of hotels! Then looked at reviews on Tripadvisor, and also cost. Trying to keep under $200 per night. Now leaning towards Ilunion Autidori. Good location so we can walk/scoot places, and under $200 a night. Good reviews too.

We used to rent scooter on ship and bring his chair, but decided to purchase a scooter a couple of years ago. It folds up to gate check it on flights. Has made getting around much easier.

What cruise are you on? We're on Celebrity Eclipse on Sept 11.

Jane

I've been to that site, and have looked at dozens of hotels! Then looked at reviews on Tripadvisor, and also cost. Trying to keep under $200 per night. Now leaning towards Ilunion Autidori. Good location so we can walk/scoot places, and under $200 a night. Good reviews too.

We used to rent scooter on ship and bring his chair, but decided to purchase a scooter a couple of years ago. It folds up to gate check it on flights. Has made getting around much easier.

What cruise are you on? We're on Celebrity Eclipse on Sept 11.

There must be 10,000 hotels in Barcelona! It's pretty overwhelming. The Ilunion Auditori for our check-in date (Sept 29) is $278 a night for an accessible room.

We started out with a rollator. Now have purchased a transport chair which we take on the plane, etc. And the scooter we rent on the ship. Just started using the scooter rental last September and it's made a world of difference.

What kind of a scooter did you buy? We've looked at quite a few of them on-line but the really light and transportable ones (easy to put in car trunk) seem to be the most expensive.

We're on the NCL Epic Sept 30. Wish we were on Celebrity though (just got off the Summit last week-end). We're booked on the Celebrity Eclipse for April 2019 to Hawaii. Love Celebrity!

Barcelona must be one of the most disabled friendly cities in Europe, so no problems regarding getting about.

All the large, chain hotels will be accessible and have accessible rooms.

It's a couple of years since we were last in Barcelona. We stayed in the Hotel Pulitzer, about 50m off the Plaza Catalunya, so very Central.

I took a small mobility scooter and had an accessible room.

Sent from my iPad using Forums