Anthem - all digital USB photo package

akba15

I just saw this option come in my cruise planner.

Can someone clarify for me please -- does this also include embarkation photos, photos taken when you get off at ports, characters, etc. Or does it only include photos on ship (like in dining room)? I have never purchased a package before so am unclear and want to see if it is worth the $249.

Thank you!

These include any of the photos RC photographers take, including your embarkation photos as well as the ones they take when you exit the ship in port. While we've never taken this option, others use it as a good excuse to take photos at every opportunity, especially on nights like formal nights when they have numerous photo stations set up.

It depends on the number of photos that you buy we had bought at like 10 or 12 photos that we liked and we also got it on a USB as well they do it automatically it was kind of part of the deal so it depends on what you do when you're there with the number of photos that they take for you

Sent from my SM-T377V using Forums mobile app

"

These include any of the photos RC photographers take, including your embarkation photos as well as the ones they take when you exit the ship in port."

Thank you so much - this is what I was mainly wondering.

Do you know if this ever goes on sale? In my planner it is $249 but wondering if I should wait (as I do have time). Also, do you just pick up the USB drive on the last day and everything is already on it? Or is there more to it?

"

These include any of the photos RC photographers take, including your embarkation photos as well as the ones they take when you exit the ship in port."

Thank you so much - this is what I was mainly wondering.

Do you know if this ever goes on sale? In my planner it is $249 but wondering if I should wait (as I do have time). Also, do you just pick up the USB drive on the last day and everything is already on it? Or is there more to it?

Pricing is random so no guarantees but I haven’t seen it much lower than that myself. As far as pickup goes we’ve never purchased it so I couldn’t say.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

If you hit them up at every photo opportunity as my family does, I feel it's a good deal.

As for whether the all-inclusive digital package ever goes on sale...sometimes (not very often as far as I know), and it depends on what ship. Before I sailed on Liberty, I was able to buy the package for $149.99.

You can always buy anything in the Cruise Planner now, and if the price drops, cancel your original purchase to get a refund, and re-purchase.

You do indeed pick up the USB drive, on the final evening (that's what they ask for, it's probably not ready earlier in the day) of your cruise before the photo gallery closes. It's ready and enclosed in a paper envelope, and they simply pull it from their filing drawers once you confirm your name and stateroom with them.

Just to clarify, I've never sailed on Anthem so I don't know if they handle things differently.

Edited by moopetguy
Clarification on not having sailed on Anthem

Do you also get printed photos? Or just USB?

Just got off yesterday. Got about 150 photos on our USB drive. everything the ships photographers took. Even picks with the Dreamworks characters :) You can get hard copies of anything for $5.00 each. They did have to manually process our Diamond free prints.

So they offer this on every ship? We have a 5 day on Brilliance in March and the only packages showing are print packages. I would love the all digital package.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I don’t know about Brilliance specifically but some ships may still be prints-only with no digital...I know it was 2 years ago, but when I was on Grandeur, that’s the way it was. Absolutely no digital option, CD or USB, period.

I don’t know about Brilliance specifically but some ships may still be prints-only with no digital...I know it was 2 years ago, but when I was on Grandeur, that’s the way it was. Absolutely no digital option, CD or USB, period.

Oh wow. I hope not. [emoji22]

Oh wow. I hope not. [emoji22]

Yeah, I hope not for you as well. When I was on Grandeur, I practically begged the photo gallery manager. They used digital cameras and facial recognition software already to help sort the photos. I was willing to give them a few hundred dollars and my own USB flash drive to put the photos on...but no dice. They claimed not to have any way to fulfill a digital photo order, and that was that. :rolleyes:

Different experience, more recently -- did a 5+9 night B2B on Navigator, which offers digital by default. Only bought the digital photo package on USB for the 9-night through the Cruise Planner because the 5-night was priced the same in the Planner for a lot fewer photo opportunities, being a much shorter cruise. Once on board on the first leg (the 5-night), I casually mentioned it to a photographer at the photo gallery. The manager overheard the conversation and offered the 5-night digital for half-price. That was very reasonable and customer-focused. (y)

Yeah, I hope not for you as well. When I was on Grandeur, I practically begged the photo gallery manager. They used digital cameras and facial recognition software already to help sort the photos. I was willing to give them a few hundred dollars and my own USB flash drive to put the photos on...but no dice. They claimed not to have any way to fulfill a digital photo order, and that was that. :rolleyes:

Different experience, more recently -- did a 5+9 night B2B on Navigator, which offers digital by default. Only bought the digital photo package on USB for the 9-night through the Cruise Planner because the 5-night was priced the same in the Planner for a lot fewer photo opportunities, being a much shorter cruise. Once on board on the first leg (the 5-night), I casually mentioned it to a photographer at the photo gallery. The manager overheard the conversation and offered the 5-night digital for half-price. That was very reasonable and customer-focused. (y)

Yeah, that was great customer service! I’d much prefer the digital downloads then I can print them in the sizes I want. It seems like the digital option would be much more profitable for the ships also. The would save on both material and labor!

We are sailing on Navigator next week (9 nt) and can purchase the all digital USB package for $199 pre-cruise. We are Diamond and know there is a photo discount on board. Would it be better to buy the all digital pre-cruise or wait and purchase on board?

Interesting.....are different ships charging different prices for the same package? Or does the price drop closer to sailing explaining why yours is only $199 (and my Anthem 9 nt is currently $249)? Or is it all just "random"?

I would jump on this deal if RCCL would get their heads outta their butts and cater more to families. I have 2 cabins for the 5 of us so I'd have to buy 2 packages to include us all. I'm sure they could figure out a way to accommodate situations such as ours given that quite a few families do it the way we do with getting 2 cabins.

Interesting.....are different ships charging different prices for the same package? Or does the price drop closer to sailing explaining why yours is only $199 (and my Anthem 9 nt is currently $249)? Or is it all just "random"?

The only thing I can think of is that while the cruise is 9 nights, it only has 4 stops. Maybe there are fewer photo os or the fact its an older ship. I'm leaning towards ordering pre-cruise since I'm used to the $249 price based on other cruises I've taken.

I was just looking at this on cruise planner. It says $199 for the USB package/ Adult. We have 2 adults and 2 kids traveling. We only need one package for the family, right? So confusing bc it looks like it's per person. :o

I was just looking at this on cruise planner. It says $199 for the USB package/ Adult. We have 2 adults and 2 kids traveling. We only need one package for the family, right? So confusing bc it looks like it's per person. :o

The package is supposed to cover photos that contain anyone in the stateroom, plus any minor (<18) children.

Just one photo package per room, not per person in the room.

I would purchase in advance, if possible. It's likely that the price will be better than on-board. And if by chance the price is lower on board, you should be able to cancel and get a refund (as OBC), and re-purchase, just as you can for other pre-cruise purchases.

Pre-cruise pricing for the package varies with seemingly no rhyme nor reason that I've been able to discern. Probably testing different price points to see what sales numbers look like.