Interesting survey from Azamara.

Lottie A

I have just been sent a rather interesting and detailed survey from Azamara.

It seems they are considering a new cabin classification called Veranda Plus to sit at a price point between a Veranda cabin and a Club Continent Suite. They were asking about what amenities, benefits etc that people would like and that would tempt them to book this category rather than an ordinary Veranda cabin.

Some of the amenities suggested for consideration were a special lounge bar, special welcome party, included speciality reservation, free pressing or laundry, discounted Internet packages, enhanced bedding and a reserved section in the Cabaret Lounge. There were more and I was asked to suggest what would tempt me to pay more for a Veranda Plus experience.

They also asked about how I felt about themed cruises, such as History, Art, Wine, Cuisine, Sports etc.

Interesting. :confused:

I’ve just filled the survey in and said I would like a larger shower in the Veranda Plus cabin. I suspect it could be similar to Aqua on Celebrity.

I suggested Photography as a themed cruise, which could tie in with their suggestion of nature ( I took it to be Flora & Fauna, hope it didn’t mean naturist:evilsmile:)

Does this mean that the plans for Persuit are not finalised?

I’ve just filled the survey in and said I would like a larger shower in the Veranda Plus cabin. I suspect it could be similar to Aqua on Celebrity.

I suggested Photography as a themed cruise, which could tie in with their suggestion of nature ( I took it to be Flora & Fauna, hope it didn’t mean naturist:evilsmile:)

My guess is the survey is to inform much further forward thinking. We did not receive a survey but glad to see that regulars who understand the product have been asked this time. Time will tell if we can blame them for the changes :)

If it was possible to install larger showers in balcony cabins I am sure it would already have been done on previous refits.

I hope this is not just another way to increase prices for very little extra value.

If it was possible to install larger showers in balcony cabins I am sure it would already have been done on previous refits.

I just wondered if they were gutting the cabins on Adonia and starting from scratch.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Just received the survey also.

Seems like a way to charge even higher prices for verandas, with no mention of gutting rooms to enlarge rooms or make larger bathrooms.....I mentioned it, though!

Their suggestions they think will add value require very little on the part of Azamara....flowers in room, special lounge, exclusive events onboard like a party with appetizers, a specialty restaurant offering for one night, complimentary internet, complimentary laundry, bathrobe and slippers, pillow menu. Many of things we already get by virtue of loyalty perks, etc.

Does sound similar to Aqua class on X.

I mentioned a better bathroom with a screen door instead of the shower curtain ...and many other suggestions too.

I don't think it will be possible without a major rejig of the existing veranda cabins but you never know. Doesn't hurt to ask!

I also made the point that many of the "benefits" of booking the Veranda Plus cabins were already given to the higher LCV loyalty levels anyway....and then I thought that maybe they wouldn't be by the time the Veranda Plus cabins were ready! ☹️

I didn’t get the survey, but I think this is a bad idea. Separate lounge and reserved seating in the theatre sounds suspiciously like Celebrity and not something I’d like to see coming the way of Azamara. The rest of the suggestions are either just fluff, something I can buy separately or as takemewithyou suggests dilute the offerings of the LCV loyalty program many of us already get. Without increasing the size of the footprint there isn’t much you can do to improve the cabins either. If I do get the survey I will reply forget the idea.

Phil

Have just filled in this survey. The Veranda Plus cabin is a non starter for me unless they are planning to totally reconfigure the ships or purchase a larger vessel ( cloud cuckoo land I know) A decent sized bathroom might tempt me to pay a bit more, flowers and canapés would not.

Hate the idea of private lounges, exclusive areas in the Cabaret and deck areas on such a small ship.

Seems like an idea the new marketing company has come up with to increase revenue at virtually no cost to Azamara.

Could be there are more changes in the pipeline which may not sit well with currently loyal cruisers

I hope this is not just another way to increase prices for very little extra value.

We are a suspicious lot but it's not surprising given recent events.

I didn’t get the survey, but I think this is a bad idea. Separate lounge and reserved seating in the theatre sounds suspiciously like Celebrity and not something I’d like to see coming the way of Azamara. The rest of the suggestions are either just fluff, something I can buy separately or as takemewithyou suggests dilute the offerings of the LCV loyalty program many of us already get. Without increasing the size of the footprint there isn’t much you can do to improve the cabins either. If I do get the survey I will reply forget the idea.

I hate the idea of a two-class ship like Celebrity's Aqua class or NCL's Haven. HAL has some kind of exclusive lounge, too, IIRC. On our one HAL cruise we sat with someone at the embarkation lunch who was so excited he had found a lounge with drinks, snacks, etc. When I told him he wasn't allowed to go there because he wasn't in a high-enough level stateroom, he was simply crushed.

Bad idea, Azamara.

I think guests in top suites already get a few extra perks that would be found in a two tier system. I have noticed VIP seating at an Azamazing evening and a couple of other things, but it was done in a subtle way that didn’t make me feel inferior because I wasn’t getting it.

I’d be unhappy if they wanted to go to a really obvious two-tier system like they have on Celebrity.

Thumbs down to Veranda Plus as a separate class.

Bigger baths can be had in CC suites and up. Sometimes I think the tiny showers are viewed as badges of honor or something. Most people joke about them and even use them as entry points in conversations with new on board acquaintances.

Laundry, specialty restaurant coupons, internet, et al - pay as you go or earn via repeat travel. Or bundle them if you like. But no take-aways please

Met many Azamara first timers on the Christmas cruise on the Journey. Former fans of Oceania who found Azamara "better" because of the passengers and crew. Current Seabourn fans who found the passengers more friendly, open, active, and adventurous. My own reaction returning to Azamara after a Crystal cruise a few months earlier was that the passengers and crew are the reason for the season.

Let's not mess with that, not even a little, just because X does it.

For what it's worth, I completed the survey being already resigned that we're unlikely to cruise Azamara again; their pricing having pushed us to look elsewhere from a price/value perspective (and which led us to book Seabourn Greek Islands 2018 and Regent Japan 2019). It seemed to me that the survey was about raising more profit, via both the Balcony "Plus" concept, and through respondents identifying which features / inclusions are of least to highest importance. So, if for example, respondents all mark "trivia" or "lectures" as of no or little importance, I expect they'll be targeted for cost saving.

For the balcony plus, they were exploring whether an exclusive lounge, reserved theatre seating and sun deck seating, amongst other things, would entice us to pay more for this category. I suggested that they should treat everyone the same once we leave our cabins; that such measures will upset many repeat customers and they run the risk of diminishing the friendly atmosphere that Azamarans value so highly.

I doubt that written comments matter to them though. Since implementation, I've thought the electronic cruise feedback forms were not designed to encourage comments - simply numeric ratings so they can satisfy some KPIs.

Every part of this survey sounded like a death knell for the Azamara I have (recently) come to love. My final suggestion to them was to fill all of Deck 8 with CC suites like Oceania has, and to combine the one leftover Veranda (see Oceania deck plans) with the adjacent CC to make a 2-bathroom suite: CC part as bedroom and already nice bathroom, Veranda part as sitting room with revised bathroom (remove shower and make a nice make-up desk). There would be two of these, mid-ship, which could sell at the CO level -- I'd book them.

We would avoid cruising on a two class ship.

We love Azamara because of the egalatarianism.....

We have not received this survey (so far) but we would not be in favour of special seating in the cabaret, special lounges etc etc

I received the survey and mentioned just what you've said in the narrative section.

We are, indeed, a suspicious lot, and my concern was that so many of the Veranda Plus perks they asked the value of are things that we currently have at Veranda and probably, every level. Bathrobes, flowers, fruit, in-room dining and a few more. If the plan is to eliminate these from anything below Veranda Plus, I wouldn't be happy at all. I was happy though, that there was an opportunity to put a rating on live music.

Maybe this is the new ad agency's initial attempt to learn something about their client.

I haven´t seen the survey, but with a new agency hired to make strategy plans it is quite natural that there will be surveys. Just give them the answers. They are just trying to learn.

I think they've transferred some people from Celebrity's marketing department to Azamara. Bad idea! Especially the way I've seen Celebrity go over the past couple of years. I pray we don't get the noisy piped music they have on =X= ships as part of the entertainment "enhancements"!

Phil