Adventure of the Seas- Splashaway Bay on this ship?

Jcort22

http:// cruiseadvice. org/CruiseShips /SwimmingPool.aspx?ShipName=adventure+of+the+seas

The Adventure of the Seas has 2 separately designated pool areas.There is the "Solarium" pool area, which is "adults only" pool; it is flanked by two whirlpools. The Main pool area is separated by a bridge that leads to the pool bar. All pools are salt water, and are located on Deck 11. Starboard and aft of the midship pool area is Splashaway Bay on the Adventure of the Seas. Water cannons, waterfalls, waterslides, and drench buckets are in this bay. Have fun!

The Perfect Storm, which consists of dual racing waterslides called the Cyclone and Typhoon, is located on Deck 13. This deck is also where you will find the Flowrider on the Adventure of the Seas!

Babies & Infants in Pools: Royal Caribbean's official policy is "no swim diapers, children must be potty trained." The Adventure Ocean Program stresses this point to all the families that bring their kids. We have not heard reports on whether the policy is strictly enforced.

Hi All,

Does anyone know if there is a Splashaway Bay for babies still in diapers on the Adventure of the Seas??? It has been impossible to get a straight answer from Royal Caribbean! :mad: TIA! :)

The answer is yes, bit is a very small area next to Splashaway Bay. Small little slide but it does keep the little ones confined and cool so you can relax.

• 3 weeks later...

Great to know! I was actually trying to find out the same information from RC when I came across this. My wife and I will be traveling in July with a 4.5 year old and a 10 month old on Adventure of the Seas. So just to be clear, babies (or any child in diapers) are really only allowed in this small area of the pool/Slashaway Bay?

Kind of along the same topic, does anyone know if Adventure has a 'playground' area that babies can play in? I know they don't have a dedicated 'Royal Tots' program on this ship (found that out after we booked) but do they at least have some sort of play area? :o

If you take a look at this 360 picture, you can see the rules on Adventure: https://www.cruisecritic.com/photos/ships/adventure-of-the-seas-192/splashaway-bay-363861/splashaway-bay--v397193/

It indicates diapers are allowed. (I haven't been yet, but I'm counting on it to be correct in March!)

Per one of the pictures provided by the cruising17, babies/toddlers with diapers are allowed in the splash pad with a smaller slide/pool between a bigger pool/slide and whirlpool. There was a guard (with shoes and cloth) but one of you have to be there.

The kids have to be toilet trained and at least 42 inches tall to be in the bigger pool/slide.

We did not see any play area for the 2 years old. However we all (2 and 4 years old with adults) attended Family Science, which was held at the Adventure Oceans Club area.