Vision towel charges

LeeW

Got home from Vision cruise and had the dreaded towel charge on bill and bill total amount has appeared on credit card. Had checked out four towels on one stateroom card and one on the other card. When asked, the pool attendant said it didn't matter which card we used for check out or in. Returned five towels last night by the pool (and they were open after 9, by the way) but scanned only card that checked out four towels.

Contacted Resolutions (800) 256-6649. She is going to contact ship to "verify" the charge and will take about 3 days to get back to me. Not planning on paying regardless of what she determines, of course. Still have multiple options, including credit card protest which puts hold on the entire onboard charge, and suggesting that I cancel $7K of future bookings and sail with another provider.

Of course could have avoided this by setting up cash account, but this is first time we have had a towel charge in many cruises. Will pass on what happens. Hope I get a response before I have to do the survey.

Got home from Vision cruise and had the dreaded towel charge on bill and bill total amount has appeared on credit card. Had checked out four towels on one stateroom card and one on the other card. When asked, the pool attendant said it didn't matter which card we used for check out or in. Returned five towels last night by the pool (and they were open after 9, by the way) but scanned only card that checked out four towels.

Contacted Resolutions (800) 256-6649. She is going to contact ship to "verify" the charge and will take about 3 days to get back to me. Not planning on paying regardless of what she determines, of course. Still have multiple options, including credit card protest which puts hold on the entire onboard charge, and suggesting that I cancel $7K of future bookings and sail with another provider.

Of course could have avoided this by setting up cash account, but this is first time we have had a towel charge in many cruises. Will pass on what happens. Hope I get a response before I have to do the survey.

Everyone gets the charge taken care of. Relax

You can also dispute only the cost that you were overcharged, not everything

Threatening to cancel a future cruise? Really LOL?

Edited by cruisinfanatic

I always check my bill before we leave the ship. While on Vision, I too had a charge of $100 for 4 towels.... we only got two..... which we had returned the night before, but I just went to guest services, told them my dilemma and they removed the charges & printed me a new receipt.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Just call and say you returned all your towels. Yes, it's a hassle, but they WILL remove the charge.

That's what I did. They DIDN'T remove the charge and are "checking on it". As I said, lots of options left. Complaint will go on survey regardless, but would like resolution on there if possible.

Will I cancel future cruises? Probably not, but it really wouldn't be that difficult. But Royal needs to know they are really ticking off a bunch of customers with bogus charges. One bogus charge like this puts a sour note on an otherwise good cruise and the hassle them not removing the charge immediately is a further sour note.

Just got a call back from Royal and they are processing a credit for the towel charge. It only took a day and no arguing required other than them wanting to contact the ship.

Vision is the first ship that we have seen where the towel station was manned from early in the morning to late at night. We also saw surprisingly little chair hogging. Deck was deserted until after 10 AM even with nice weather. Life guards manning empty pools. Did see quite a few folks not familiar with towel policy leaving wet towels on chairs when they left for the day, though.

Everyone gets the charge taken care of. Relax

You can also dispute only the cost that you were overcharged, not everything

Threatening to cancel a future cruise? Really LOL?

I’d cancel a future cruise if a company charged me for something they should not have. I’d treat just about any company similarly. Rip me off, end of business

I’d cancel a future cruise if a company charged me for something they should not have. I’d treat just about any company similarly. Rip me off, end of business

See post 8.

So you'd immediately cancel your future cruise if this happened to you? Not a chance!!

Certainly could be done better, but trying to rip off anyone purposely? No

See post 8.

So you'd immediately cancel your future cruise if this happened to you? Not a chance!!

Certainly could be done better, but trying to rip off anyone purposely? No

Gee, we always read about towel fees and phantom mini bar charges. It happens often enough that I don't quite buy that it is an honest mistake.

I've had the fake mini bar charges, and yes they were removed, but it was a pain in the neck and never should have happened in the first place.