US travel show featuring QM2 this weekend

Underwatr

For the benefit of anyone not in Cunard's mailing list, this weekend the travel series "Vacation Creation" will feature a transatlantic crossing aboard Queen Mary 2.

In celebration of her graduation from fashion school, and to thank her parents for their unwavering support, Helena and her family embark on a special fashion-themed transatlantic voyage aboard Queen Mary 2. On board the ship, Helena is inspired by the maritime architecture and design, and she shows Tommy and Andrea the secret to creating her signature style. Then, Helena presents her fashion line in a runway show at sea and gets invaluable career advice from fashion icons Joe Zee and Rob Younkers.

In my local listings the show will air on Saturday morning.

It is always nice to see the QM2. The outfits she designed were definitely not to my liking - I was interested in seeing the ship, not someone painting a scarf in the kids' club.

Funniest part: The cabin was a Q5, I recognize it because it is normally where we stay. The restaurant was the Verandah - not exactly false advertising, just...portraying her in the best light ;)

Honorable mention funny part: The family took a selfie with the show hosts with the New York skyline in the background. I looked at my husband and said "Oh please, a Cunard photographer would have been on them like a bear on honey to take that photo"