All IN FIGHTING ! No Thanks

sidari

While I will agree that MSC is different from other cruise lines I hope they do not go down this Carnival route of all in fighting .... :D:D:D

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5398111/Shocking-vision-violent-brawls-Carnival-Legend-cruise.html

I been saying for long time-cruising become too affordable.Security kicking passengers very entertaining :loudcry:

I been saying for long time-cruising become too affordable.Security kicking passengers very entertaining :loudcry:

Got that right!!! I think back to the transatlantic sailings in late 70's and early 80's..... Those were "special" and "expensive" vacations!! And passengers dressed to the nines every night and service was eloquant. It was a special type of a vacation. Unfortunately with the explosion of cruise lines and availability .....the luster was quickly lost. Cruising has become a land vacation on the ocean which allows multiple locations to visit. Nothing really special about it like in years past!!

MSC can not be compared to Carnival in its client base.

While there might be a bad apple on any cruise, I don't see MSC's international passenger base as thinking drunken brawls are acceptable behavior.

Slightly an odd comment I think, in regards to not comparing client base. I have traveled more on Carnival than any other line, and I have my 3rd MSC Cruise booked. I will also state that in the 20 plus cruises I have done I encountered the rudest passengers on MSC, not Carnival. Bad apples are everywhere, and often price doesn't keep them out. To assume that if one pays more you are somehow classier is a joke. Often it just makes them think they are more entitled.

I will also note I have never witnessed a brawl, fight or behaviors like that on any of my cruises, including the Carnival ones.

Slightly an odd comment I think, in regards to not comparing client base. I have traveled more on Carnival than any other line, and I have my 3rd MSC Cruise booked. I will also state that in the 20 plus cruises I have done I encountered the rudest passengers on MSC, not Carnival. Bad apples are everywhere, and often price doesn't keep them out. To assume that if one pays more you are somehow classier is a joke. Often it just makes them think they are more entitled.

I will also note I have never witnessed a brawl, fight or behaviors like that on any of my cruises, including the Carnival ones.

Its not point of classier or not . Going to Ritz you will be probably find different crowed then in Motel 6 . You will hardly find drunk idiots on Silverseas or Oceania . I don't think on Cunard people will think to go with shorts to DR . It is different crowed ,maybe not nicer all the time, but different .

A while back there was a video floating around showing a knock down, drag out fight on Royals Freedom of the seas. This was over theater seats. Yes-theater seats.:eek: Don't think I could blame that on the cruise line or where it sailed from. The human population has a tendency to be just plain ridiculous sometimes.

Dave have a look at the Carnival board I couldn’t help it!

If I’m banned I love you and Bea xx

I love you, too, Mark, and would miss you terribly were you to depart these boards. I'd be the first to sign the petition having you re-instated, so I would! :*

. Seriously though wouldn’t it be amazing if we all on here were to do a group cruise in 2020.

TBH, Mark, we're not looking further than this coming year (on MSC, anyway). We have a cruise booked for March next year that we're on the fence about. Our upcoming cruise may be make or break - I've never had the apprehension before a cruise that I have for this one that it won't live up to our expectations - and that's a YC booking!

Reminds me of Seinfeld. Kramer: You know what they should do with people like that? Send them to Australia. That's where England use to send their criminals.

Jerry: What? Not anymore?!

Kramer: Well, no.

Lol. In all seriousness, hope no one down under was offended by that. Just reminded me of that episode.

...Well... It seems an interesting even though quite off topic thread... So; forgive me moderators, I'll be be quite off topic as well on commenting it and I prefer to do so in such a generic industry wise environment... Indeed; I can't locate here at CC a place for "generic" industry wise cruise subjects. Yes, there is a place for cruise questions, but not a place for "generic" discussions like this, unless I'm not seeing that. It would be interesting to have such a place. Here is the suggestion!...

On the early days of all inclusive drinks packages, I was one of the ones very excited. At least to pay for one would become like if I was buying insurance against unexpected expenses... I loved to have those with my parents, even though I personally can't drink for medical reasons... Well, I helped myself with the wonderful gelato and all the non alcoholic goodies that the cruise lines offered at that time. Today I'm not so convinced about the result being obtained right now... Maybe, the cruise industry is being victim of its own success?...

Certainly base prices have been stable by the most part on the last decades, but availability have exploded as have the enormous variety of those whom are fortunate enough to go on this wonderful hobby all of us love that is cruising!...

Certainly; once on holiday, alcohol consumption should be as free as possible... But certainly, as well, the well being of all the cruisers plus crews on an intrinsically closed environment from where there is no escape once the ship is at sea demands that something will need to be thought about a way forward to encourage a healthy environment aboard ships for the enjoyment of everyone else. Let me to just add some suggestions:

1. Slowly turn the non alcoholic AI drinks packages to be less expensive and the Alcoholic ones more expensive.

2. Slowly encourage people to go to the limited Alcoholic drinks coupon programmes instead of AI packages.

3. Remove all the alcohol items from the stateroom fridges. Here in Europe many land hotels now only have those courtesy bottles of water in the fridge and you have to ask the bar service for whatever additional you want delivered to your room and pay for it. It's a good start point indeed...

4. To have "happy hours" for speciality coffees and other non alcoholic hot drinks and pastries on the coffee bar later in the night. Last year in the MSC Fantasia on the UAE they were sort of trialling those with quite some success at certain point.

5. If a clearly abusive crowd is noted on any given sailing, try to manage all the activities in such a way to avoid bad behaviour from guests...

Well I can continue, but I don't want to be so long. Let me to finish with perhaps such a needed ending thought for today: No ship captain should be taken to accept such a crowd like the one observed on that Carnival ship. No captain needs to stand behind a crowd like that. Period! Ships are closed spaces where security must be the first concern after everything else!...

Have a nice day!...

Edited by Nunagoras
Mistake correction!

Its not point of classier or not . Going to Ritz you will be probably find different crowed then in Motel 6 . You will hardly find drunk idiots on Silverseas or Oceania . I don't think on Cunard people will think to go with shorts to DR . It is different crowed ,maybe not nicer all the time, but different .

This is what I meant by my post. I didn't mean that the MSC passenger was "classier," just better traveled for the most part and therefore more accustomed to things not being "just like home." And I do have to say on my MSC Divina cruises, I have found many of the passengers from other countries to be better dressed than many of the US passengers, especially in the evenings.

Again, different expectations of a cruise experience.

Better dressed, btw, is subjective. You don't have to have lots of money to be better dressed. You could be wearing a nice pair of khakis and a decent polo shirt - or even a plain colored t-shirt - (along with being freshly showered, your hair combed and teeth brushed) and be better dressed than many people these days in a land-based restaurant. Heck, you could buy an outfit like that at Old Navy for the love of God. lol.

To me it's more about taking some pride in your appearance than wearing expensive clothes. i.e. when I see people walk into the dining room on Escape wearing dirty t-shirts, worn high tops, and backward baseball caps for instance. I saw that on RCL way back too.

To me, I get frustrated because I preach to my kids that while appearances aren't everything, the way people will treat you - and respect you - will inevitably at least partially be based on this. So while I understand people should be able to do what they want based upon the rules, I also cringe for their sake and because my kids will say, see, I don't need to get so dressed up. Makes it harder as a parent to help them understand the importance of your physical appearance as a part, but an important part, of succeeding in life.

MSC can not be compared to Carnival in its client base.

While there might be a bad apple on any cruise, I don't see MSC's international passenger base as thinking drunken brawls are acceptable behavior.

I have cruised on Carnival 8 times and have never seen that kind of behavior. So I suppose that means that I am part of Carnival's client base. Sorry, but have to advise you that this Carnival cruiser is part of that base, who is looking at MSC for my next cruise. But you have nothing to fear from me.;)