Deposits

bula55

If you live in the U.K. it’s £250 deposit per head and you lose it if you cancel & rebook!

Denise, this isn’t necessarily true in the UK. You may be able to transfer the deposit to another cruise. If you need to move your booking then ask the question. You might have to pay a £75 admin fee. You might not. Make them aware of your LCV loyalty level too. So it’s not cast in stone.

Sadly Azamara (and Celebrity) have complicated booking codes attached that aren’t "combinable" and it makes it all very confusing. It’s one of the reasons I like to book onboard. Aside from a 50% reduction in deposit it gives you the ability to change cruise without losing it.

Phil

If you live in the U.K. it’s £250 deposit per head and you lose it if you cancel & rebook!

Sent from my iPad using Forums[/quote

Some years ago we cancelled and transferred the deposit to another cruise.

Deposits where cheaper then but we did have to pay a admin fee, I can't remember how much.

I'm not sure if this is still allowed.

If you cancel and rebook the same cruise you do loose the full deposit has Grandma knows.

Edited by Bloodaxe

Thanks for the information Phil and Bloodaxe, I wasn’t aware of that, useful to know. I’ve only once cancelled a cruise and that was to rebook the same cruise as it was offered on a promotion. Even losing our £500 deposit we still saved over £1000, so it was worth it!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Thanks for the information Phil and Bloodaxe, I wasn’t aware of that, useful to know. I’ve only once cancelled a cruise and that was to rebook the same cruise as it was offered on a promotion. Even losing our £500 deposit we still saved over £1000, so it was worth it!

That is where it becomes somewhat confusing and it's a trait of Azamara, Celebrity and Royal. Pretty much all of the prices have a promotion code attached to them that aren't combinable with any other offer. So when you come to try and take advantage of a lower price of a particular cruise you have to undo the whole lot, lose the deposit and start again. However if you are moving the cruise out to another date then definitely ask the question at the time you do it and they may let you retain the deposit you've paid.

Phil