MSC status match

amajaa

Hi, has anyone sailed on MSC and had their P & O loyalty level matched?

We have sailed 150 days with P&O but they have only given us 200 points in the MSC loyalty scheme which when you look it up is what you get if you do a 5 day cruise with them. I don’t know if this is normal to just give the minimum points.

We havent cruised with MSC before but we were status matched with our Princess loyalty platinum level (used because we are higher than on P and O) and got the gold level.

The benefits on board dont really appear to be worth having but we did get 5% discount on our cruise booked for September which you would only normally get as a past passenger.

We thought we would give them a go. Hope we havent made a mistake!

Sent from my SM-T580 using Forums mobile app

We matched our Princess Elite points (a lot of which we earned with P&O) and got status matched to Black. We have booked Preziosa for April 2019, 21 days Barbados to Southampton with free drinks and internet. Sailed Poesia last January for our first and only MSC cruise so far and it was fine - few niggles about dining room food but we certainly did not starve and looking forward to sailing with them again.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks so how many points did they allocate you?

We were awarded gold card with 4300 points. I think I would query with them your award but to be honest you dont get a lot unless you are Black level the highest tier. Gold is next to top level and only gets you bowl of fruit, photo, birthday cake, 1 hour thermal area session, priority for tender. On Princess you get free internet and priority embarkation. Mind you P&O dont give much either.

If you have already booked ask for the 5% discount to be applied to the booking they did it for me.

Also if you re not very happy with the cabin location booked keep checking the website to see what else becomes available and ask to change . That is what I did and got a better cabin and they were happy to oblige.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Forums mobile app